• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Put Down Your Gun So I Can Shoot You

LowDown

Curmudgeon
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Scott Adams:

... we do know that race and poverty are correlated. And we know that poverty and crime are correlated. And we know that race and political affiliation are correlated. Therefore, my team (Clinton) is more likely to use guns to shoot innocent people, whereas the other team (Trump) is more likely to use guns for sporting and defense.

That’s a gross generalization. Obviously. Your town might be totally different.

So it seems to me that gun control can’t be solved because Democrats are using guns to kill each other – and want it to stop – whereas Republicans are using guns to defend against Democrats. Psychologically, those are different risk profiles. And you can’t reconcile those interests, except on the margins. For example, both sides might agree that rocket launchers are a step too far. But Democrats are unlikely to talk Republicans out of gun ownership because it comes off as “Put down your gun so I can shoot you.”

That's exactly right. Republicans think that gun owners are good people, and Democrats think that their dangerous. Their both right in their own communities. When the NRA says that when guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns, they are talking about Democrats, obviously.

I don't believe most people who commit violent crimes with firearms are politically active.
Scott Adams:

That's exactly right. Republicans think that gun owners are good people, and Democrats think that their dangerous. Their both right in their own communities. When the NRA says that when guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns, they are talking about Democrats, obviously.

I don't believe most people who commit violent crimes with firearms are politically active.

He's not talking about politically active Democrats he's talking about the entitled.

Is voting politically active?

Jail survey: 7 in 10 felons register as Democrats | Washington Examiner

For instance, in New York, about one-third of felons released from prison registered to vote after their release. Of those, about 62 percent registered as Democrats and 9 percent registered as Republicans, with 26 percent registering as independents or with other parties.

Are the 'overwhelming majority of violent criminals' Democrats? Ted Cruz said so | PolitiFact

Felons register as Democrat over Republican by 6 to 1 | BizPac Review

Back
Top Bottom