• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Purpose of sex

What is the purpose of sex, in your opinion?

• Sex is a sin --- ALL SEX is SIN

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah, I remember you. You have a very short time here, get in all your insults.

You only have sex with your hand,
Nope...

The factual reality is that I've had sex with genuinely beautiful women who'd never give you the time of day except to serve you a restraining order. I don't personally prefer having strings attached for being "in love" for more than one night, but that's a different matter entirely.

You, in contrast are old, lonely, angry, and creepy - and no women would ever be genuinely interested in your unless she's equally ugly. She doesn't love, and you don't love her - you just settle for each other out of loneliness and mental incapacity for knowing what real love is.

There's nothing anyone could teach you because in your case,, it's not just a lack of meaningful experience, but a literal cognitive impairment which no one can remedy.

You know this is true, but you're in denial and getting defensive. Give up already.

Nobody loves you because you're not capable of loving anyone. Sorry that the truth hurts.

Honestly you just sound like one of those people who's lonely and desperate, and can't distinguish between "love" and mere "attachment".

I actually believe it's possible to genuine love somebody even if you're only with them for one night.
Ah, little incel whining.

You need to learn a lot about love and respect. But you are just a poe coming back to spam.

Pointing and laughing....

What, in your opinion, is the purpose of sex?
stay warm on cold nights sand feel like a piece of tape stuck to something on hot nights.
Are there multiple purposes or only one purpose?
Other than testing the integrity of mattress springs and bed frames? Haven't thought about it.
More importantly, do you feel that all of humanity needs to abide by a prescribed purpose for sex in order to avoid (insert ------- here) consequences?
No I suppose it could be used to test work benches, kitchen tables couches back seats of cars.

More importantly, do you feel that all of humanity needs to abide by a prescribed purpose for sex in order to avoid (insert ------- here) consequences?
Oops, I picked the second one, and forgot about sex workers, who do it to pay the bills. I am fine with that too

The purpose of sex is to feel guilty afterward. Didn't you learn anything in Sunday school?

Sex has a lot of functions in human life. Most individual sex acts fulfill multiple functions; the vast majority of them aren't intended for procreation.

Unless it's done in public or violates someone else's rights, none of those purposes are any of the State's business.

I think "reinforcing and strengthening social bonds" was missed as an option for this poll.

Which I believe is the primary function whereas procreation is a function, but a secondary effect since the majority of sexual encounters with a fertile male and female do not result in pregnancy. If pregnancy was the primary purpose, our bodies and instincts would be tuned very differently towards that act. Perhaps using a "in heat" strategy that most mammals use instead.

Sexual reproduction has evolved over many tens of millions of years. It has survived because it has contributed to the survival, in a multitude of species, of those genes that enable it to function. Many people, who know more than me and who are more able have written books about it.

Any answers to your question that looks only at one animal species, Homo Sapiens, will be incomplete and inadequate.

Existentially? There is no purpose to anything. But sex has functions.

First and foremost:

For whatever damn reason I want

after that:

For procreation and for mutual pleasure
Sex is a life giving force and is very healthy for you
OTHER (explain?)

Any answer other "For any damn reason I want" is wrong (and yet, by extension, correct). Every other possible reason is already included in the "For any damn reason I want" response. So unless you're a jerk who thinks they have the right to control how other consenting adults have sex, there's only one correct answer.

I don't know why you snipped that post, but I'll post the abridged version again:

The reality is that you know that no one here is an incel except yourself, and that's why you're so defense and deflecting.

Incels like yourself who are too emotionally-stunded and lonely to appreciate "love' eventually settle for miserable relationships with equally emotionally-stunted individuals because misery loves company.

It's not that uncommon ,and it looks pitiable to outsiders, but we know that's all you can get and the closet thing to actual "love" you'll probably ever experience.

So we're just a tad sympathetic - if that makes you or any of the other incels and ugly people fell better. Mkay?

And it's Bees Nees, by a nose! We have a WINNER!

6e21f3c0-e742-4ce1-bffd-417ceb2bebea_text.gif

I think "reinforcing and strengthening social bonds" was missed as an option for this poll.

Which I believe is the primary function whereas procreation is a function, but a secondary effect since the majority of sexual encounters with a fertile male and female do not result in pregnancy. If pregnancy was the primary purpose, our bodies and instincts would be tuned very differently towards that act. Perhaps using a "in heat" strategy that most mammals use instead.

I think our "in-heat" responses are muted simply by the fact that our intelligence zoomed upward, thus muting it slightly below our everyday stream of consciousness.
However, the heat or "estrus" response IS visible, it's just much more subtle.

Part of the reason modern society gets so hung up about sex is that in SOME cultures, that response IS NOT as muted.
When you hear talk of "this or that woman" being "a slut", what you're hearing in a lot of those instances is a male or other female who is confused by the estrus response of a human female who is expressing it more openly than they are. Perhaps people who make a moral judgment about expression of a very instinctive human trait as it is expressed are taken aback because they're not attuned to the same response in themselves.
Not carved in stone, I'm just spitballing here.

Sex can increase romance, intimacy, and love, and it's a great release of stress and built-up frustrations.
I assume all the positive characteristics are its purpose, though anything good can be abused.

Sex has multiple purposes, such as your nose, mouth, and many other body part have multiple purposes. The only reason to claim otherwise is to control people, which is really bad for any whose religion espouses teaching others how to act, not controlling how they act. Sex is for procreation, self-pleasure, and bonding with another.

Back
Top Bottom