• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Punishment of Free Speech & Crowd Control

Celebrity

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Abortion is one of the most heinous crimes imaginable. It is the cold-blooded murder of an innocent baby. Direct abortion should be outlawed in all circumstances whatsoever, and barring the most extreme mitigating circumstances, anyone who participates in an abortion should be publicly beheaded.

Moreover, abortion is such a terrible evil, even the advocacy of it in the abstract should be outlawed, and punished by hard time.

Outlawing abstraction of a crime in verbal or written form is characteristic of a truly tyrannical society, which not only limits the freedom of action, but extends it's fetishistic self interest in control to writing, speech and eventually, thought.

Should political prisoners be freed from prison? This is a clear example that they should not be imprisoned, but throughout the world the US holds political prisoners in places like Guantánamo (est. 2002) and the Salt Pit (est. 2002).

What has happened to our ethics in the past few decades is that they have grown into an abominable hybrid of nationalism and war profiteering. The war on drugs is an absolute mess. I can't say it failed, because I've read stories about how crooked the DEA was in the 80's.

Supposedly, war coincides with economic expansion. I wonder if controls set on our own private citizens accomplished the same thing. The justice system is no more kind to those it punishes than are the inmates incarcerated in its prisons.

Outlawing abstraction of a crime in verbal or written form is characteristic of a truly tyrannical society, which not only limits the freedom of action, but extends it's fetishistic self interest in control to writing, speech and eventually, thought.

Should political prisoners be freed from prison? This is a clear example that they should not be imprisoned, but throughout the world the US holds political prisoners in places like Guantánamo (est. 2002) and the Salt Pit (est. 2002).

What has happened to our ethics in the past few decades is that they have grown into an abominable hybrid of nationalism and war profiteering. The war on drugs is an absolute mess. I can't say it failed, because I've read stories about how crooked the DEA was in the 80's.

Supposedly, war coincides with economic expansion. I wonder if controls set on our own private citizens accomplished the same thing. The justice system is no more kind to those it punishes than are the inmates incarcerated in its prisons.

Every society in the history of the world has outlawed the expressions of certain ideas, even in the abstract. Thus there have been several people imprisoned for saying "the president should be killed", even though they didn't say "I'm going to kill the president".

Every society in the history of the world has outlawed the expressions of certain ideas, even in the abstract. Thus there have been several people imprisoned for saying "the president should be killed", even though they didn't say "I'm going to kill the president".

The unholy union of the military industrial complex and the prison industrial complex is the sodomy of an otherwise innocent generation of compelling individuals capable of doing great things.

The unholy union of the military industrial complex and the prison industrial complex is the sodomy of an otherwise innocent generation of compelling individuals capable of doing great things.

Completely irrelevant to the quoted post. The point is, speech suppression is the natural state of things.

More so in retrograde societies.

Less in better.

Which makes me wonder, why we forbid saying certain things or discourage them so badly. It is especially astounding, as the democracy is a type of system whose strength lies in good part on the free use and accessibility of information.

Completely irrelevant to the quoted post. The point is, speech suppression is the natural state of things.

Why do you continue to live in a country that is fundamentally and diametrically opposed to every single idea you have in your head? If you want a full blown religious dictatorship that suppresses speech, women, and executes sinners there are plenty of countries in the Muslim world to choose from.

Which makes me wonder, why we forbid saying certain things or discourage them so badly. It is especially astounding, as the democracy is a type of system whose strength lies in good part on the free use and accessibility of information.

Same reason corporations have so often ruined themselves for the next 8 quarters of profits on the paper, ignorant greed.

The functionality of the language
THe quality of the conversation
Freedom
Truth

All of the above can be sacrificed on the road to utopia according to these morons, these smug satisfied think they are so smart even though they do crap work bullies. They have little sense, and very deep morality problems.

Last edited:
Same reason corporations have so often ruined themselves for the next 8 quarters of profits on the paper, ignorant greed.

The functionality of the language
THe quality of the conversation
Freedom
Truth

All of the above can be sacrificed on the road to utopia according to these morons, the smug satisfied think they are so smart even though they do crap work bullies. They have little sense, and very deep morality problems.

That is a problem, I fear, that at this time we seem less and less capable of managing.

That is a problem, I fear, that at this time we seem less and less capable of managing.

Let's take inventory shall we?

Leaders get less capable.
Systems getting more complex.
Thus things increasingly dont work and everybody knows it.

Ya, thats what a problem looks like by my reckoning, but what the **** do I know, I did not go to either Harvard or Stanford.

Why do you continue to live in a country that is fundamentally and diametrically opposed to every single idea you have in your head? If you want a full blown religious dictatorship that suppresses speech, women, and executes sinners there are plenty of countries in the Muslim world to choose from.

You do know that bizarre exaggeration does not strengthen an argument and is, in fact, a false one?

More so in retrograde societies.

Less in better.

Tribal peoples tend to have a maximum of "freedom", so your statement is in error.

Because I am an American. And not a Muslim.

Who are the political prisoners being held and for what? I was under the impression that prisoners at Gitmo were terrorists who wanted to attack the US violently. Is that what you mean by "political prisoner"?

Who are the political prisoners being held and for what? I was under the impression that prisoners at Gitmo were terrorists who wanted to attack the US violently. Is that what you mean by "political prisoner"?

Nope, I'm not referring to terrorists. I think people who are suspected of terrorist acts should be prosecuted in a court of law and found innocent or guilty beyond a shadow of a doubt. Anyone who is not convicted of an act of terrorism or another violent crime shouldn't be tortured. I don't know any political prisoners. The same model of imprisonment without due process applies to enemies of the state, who must live in fear of violation of their constitutional rights in proportion to the magnitude of the accusations and the level of their citizenship (i.e. good standing among fellow citizens).

Because I am an American. And not a Muslim.

Really? Are you sure? You hate gays, want to suppress speech, make women subservient, and commit violence against non-believers. You're a much better Muslim than you are an American. You share so many of their values.

You were wrong, as you often are, because you didn't take the time to research the subject. Well over 95% of Gitmo inmates were released without being charged with any crime whatsoever and were never given a trial. You may desire a government that locks people in cages and tortures them without trial, but anyone with even a rudimentary amount of respect for human rights sees that for the atrocity it is.

Religious extremism is tolerated by Christians, remember?

Meekness is Strength | Catholicism.org

Where do you get tolerating religious extremism out of that link? Here's what I got:

Meekness is not cowardice, human respect, or timidness. It does not oppose zeal, fortitude, or any other virtue; rather, it strengthens them. True meekness is part of the virtue of temperance, and it opposes the vice of anger.

You were wrong, as you often are, because you didn't take the time to research the subject. Well over 95% of Gitmo inmates were released without being charged with any crime whatsoever and were never given a trial. You may desire a government that locks people in cages and tortures them without trial, but anyone with even a rudimentary amount of respect for human rights sees that for the atrocity it is.

Your assumptions about Gitmo are wrong because you did not research the subject as you implied you did. People held there are being detained. Their treatment is governed by the Third Geneva Convention. They may not be deemed to be criminals for legitimate acts of war, so they are not required to stand trial. They may not be tortured. They are entitled to humane treatment. Violent combatants detained during a war can be held for as long as the conflict lasts to keep them from further attacking US interests and personnel. They must be repatriated when the conflict is over. The US Supreme Court extended these protections to irregular combatants such as Al Qaeda in the US some years ago.

Let's take inventory shall we?

Leaders get less capable.
Systems getting more complex.
Thus things increasingly dont work and everybody knows it.

Ya, thats what a problem looks like by my reckoning, but what the **** do I know, I did not go to either Harvard or Stanford.

from the insights shared within this and other posts that's damned hard to imagine

Where do you get tolerating religious extremism out of that link? Here's what I got:

Meekness is not cowardice, human respect, or timidness. It does not oppose zeal, fortitude, or any other virtue; rather, it strengthens them. True meekness is part of the virtue of temperance, and it opposes the vice of anger.

Yes, meekness means those things, but first and foremost, it means "Miss Mouse" isn't going to stand up against anger. She might not actively oppose anger, even if she is also not a coward.

meek
/mēk/
adjective
quiet, gentle, and easily imposed on; submissive.
"I used to call her Miss Mouse because she was so meek and mild"
synonyms: submissive, yielding, obedient, compliant, tame, biddable, tractable, acquiescent, humble, deferential, timid, unprotesting, unresisting, like a lamb to the slaughter;

Your assumptions about Gitmo are wrong because you did not research the subject as you implied you did. People held there are being detained. Their treatment is governed by the Third Geneva Convention. They may not be deemed to be criminals for legitimate acts of war, so they are not required to stand trial. They may not be tortured. They are entitled to humane treatment. Violent combatants detained during a war can be held for as long as the conflict lasts to keep them from further attacking US interests and personnel. They must be repatriated when the conflict is over. The US Supreme Court extended these protections to irregular combatants such as Al Qaeda in the US some years ago.

It's true that we don't have to extend the same rights enjoyed by citizens to non-citizens, and I think this is most clear with illegal immigration and how we treat our neighbors across the border. Terrorists don't deserve diplomatic relations, though they are indeed treated "humanely," if torture is humane. How we treat other people reflects on the nature of citizens who freely elect the officials responsible for condoning torture.

A useless exercise till you define "that", as you should know.

that you did not attend stanford of harvard

but had you, i likely would not have needed to offer this explanation

that you did not attend stanford of harvard

but had you, i likely would not have needed to offer this explanation

You think very highly of youself I see. I dont know if it is warranted, I have only been here 6 months, barely have noticed you.

I'll try to keep an eye out for your attempts at wisdom.

Then I'll give you my review.

Fair is Fair.

TTFN.

Back
Top Bottom