• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Publisher of National Enquirer admits paying hush money to help Trump ahead of 2016 election

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
The company that publishes the National Enquirer admitted that it paid $150,000 in hush money to silence alleged mistresses of then-presidential candidate Donald Trump prior to the 2016 election, prosecutors said Wednesday.

Turns out that David Pecker and the National Enquirer has been cooperating with investigators in order to avoid prosecution.

I know Trump must feel bad about this. Losing your Pecker can be a pretty traumatic experience. :mrgreen:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...ts-paying-hush-money-help-trump-ahead-n947111

Turns out that David Pecker and the National Enquirer has been cooperating with investigators in order to avoid prosecution.

I know Trump must feel bad about this. Losing your Pecker can be a pretty traumatic experience. :mrgreen:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...ts-paying-hush-money-help-trump-ahead-n947111

Trump is so triggered he apparently didn't even show up to work today (it's a rough trip, even involving a flight of stairs).

The walls are closing in on his multi-generational crime family, and he knows it.

If you don't keep your pecker hidden, the FBI are going to investigate.

Blah, blah, blah.

Just another case of the out of control SDNY going after someone for something that isn't a crime. I think there's a term for groups that promise not to hurt someone as long as that someone tells them what they want to hear......oh yeah, "extortionist".

It's really sad that one of the top legal authorities is abusing its powers so badly and it's an absolute shame that nobody is there to question them, much less stop them.

This is all stuff we knew about years ago, we voted for Trump anyways.

What this proves is that the FAILED INTELLIGENTSIA! has come up empty, they need to spin the Trump we know and voted for into evil criminal.....which means that Trump is essentially clean.

What this proves is that the FAILED INTELLIGENTSIA! has come up empty, they need to spin the Trump we know and voted for into evil criminal.....which means that Trump is essentially clean.

It means that Mueller has nothing as far as Russia goes so someone else is going to come up with another "crime". It's all part of the "NeverTrump" mission to thwart the will of the half of Americans who voted for and elected the candidate that wasn't Hillary.

It means that Mueller has nothing as far as Russia goes so someone else is going to come up with another "crime". It's all part of the "NeverTrump" mission to thwart the will of the half of Americans who voted for and elected the candidate that wasn't Hillary.

They are taking all of this unsavory stuff that we knew about Trump when we voted for him, putting it together, and writing an epic Trump Hit Piece. What happens after that I dont know, they seem to think that they are going to tell us what we already know in a powerful legalistic and exaggerated way and that we will after all these years go "OMG, I made a mistake...DUMP TRUMP NOW!".

Don't really understand your "excitement" as Pecker was granted immunity - officially at least back in August, -,which means we all knew that he was going to spill the beans ... whatever beans liberals thought he had.

We also knew that he had no damaging beans ... :lol:

Just when you thought Mueller was done this week after throwing Cohen in jail, he whips out his Pecker.

Don't really understand your "excitement" as Pecker was granted immunity - officially at least back in August, -,which means we all knew that he was going to spill the beans ... whatever beans liberals thought he had.

We also knew that he had no damaging beans ... :lol:

How do you that? It seems you know a whole lot about Pecker. Are you in close communication with him? Because I don't think anyone else outside of the Mueller investigation knows what "beans" Pecker spilled.

I am getting tired of recycled year old news or older....

How do you that? It seems you know a whole lot about Pecker. Are you in close communication with him? Because I don't think anyone else outside of the Mueller investigation knows what "beans" Pecker spilled.

The only clear thing one gleans from this, he was very cooperative,provided new insight into other campaign members. For him to receive immunity, the information was highly reliable, backed up by docs and emails,closed some circles in the investigation and opened new ones that are looking at Felonies
And we have the insight that another campaign member was present for a min of 1 meeting.

I heard an interesting point on the radio yesterday about this. Trump basically trusted one of the most infamous "media' outlets to hold and keep some of his darkest secrets. What was stopping them from shopping these around to the highest bidder?

Blah, blah, blah.

Just another case of the out of control SDNY going after someone for something that isn't a crime. I think there's a term for groups that promise not to hurt someone as long as that someone tells them what they want to hear......oh yeah, "extortionist".

It's really sad that one of the top legal authorities is abusing its powers so badly and it's an absolute shame that nobody is there to question them, much less stop them.

Blah, blah, blah...

Just another case of having to pretend the SDNY is 'out of control' and that what happened wasn't a crime.

It's really sad when someone has to have the security blanket/safe space of imagining the top legal authorities are abusing their powers in this case, and an absolutely shame that you think anyone rational believes the baseless tripe you just posted.

Blah, blah, blah.

Just another case of the out of control SDNY going after someone for something that isn't a crime.
AMI admitted, in court, that they paid $150,000 in hush money to avoid a story getting out that would have embarrassed the campaign. They made no pretense about it having any impact on his private life, it was all about the election. That's an illegal campaign contribution, and it's a federal felony.

When a federal prosecutor looks into a federal crime, that's not an "abuse of power." That's "doing their job."

By the way, SDNY is headed up by a Trump appointee. Just FYI.

It means that Mueller has nothing as far as Russia goes so someone else is going to come up with another "crime".
Mueller ≠ SDNY

They're separate investigations. SDNY was led to this by looking into Stormy Daniels, not by anything from Mueller.

Blah, blah, blah.

"In control." Definition: not investigating Trump.

How can Trump be 'clean' if he directed people to pay hush money to mistresses during campaigns? That is money spent for campaign purposes that was never declared. That is simply illegal.

And if pecker struck an immunity deal that means they got him doing something worth singing about.

Blah, blah, blah.

I thought that the SDNY was part of Trump's DoJ, headed up by a Trump appointed U.S. Attorney. Guess not.... :roll:

Blah, blah, blah.

How dare the SDNY investigate crimes and prosecute criminals

Blah, blah, blah.

Public prosecutors looking into felony campaign finance violations are not 'abusing their power'. They're doing their job. As usual it appears the whole world is wrong and Trump is right.

Just when you thought Mueller was done this week after throwing Cohen in jail, he whips out his Pecker.

Mueller has nothing to do with this. It is the SDNY who will be prosecuting this

Mueller’s team has indicted or gotten guilty pleas from five former Trump advisers, 26 Russian nationals, three Russian companies, one California man, and one London-based lawyer. Seven of these people (including now all five former Trump aides) have pleaded guilty.
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/2/20/17031772/mueller-indictments-grand-jury

Back
Top Bottom