• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Public Sector Unions Destroyed Detroit [W:225]

All conspiracy involves collusion, but not all collusion is conspiracy.:peace

All conservatives involve conspiracy theories.

Meanwhile, since you're using secret conspiracies to "explain" economic events (Elders of Zionlike), there's really nothing more to say. You've left the empirical realm and are now in bizarroteapartyworld, where conservative arguments always wind up.

I think a simpler and more observable explanation of Detroit's bankruptcy has to do with the instability of being a single industry town and not adapting to economic change, mostly because the state GOP didn't invest in the future, which is typical of that particular party.

All conservatives involve conspiracy theories.

Meanwhile, since you're using secret conspiracies to "explain" economic events (Elders of Zionlike), there's really nothing more to say. You've left the empirical realm and are now in bizarroteapartyworld, where conservative arguments always wind up.

I think a simpler and more observable explanation of Detroit's bankruptcy has to do with the instability of being a single industry town and not adapting to economic change, mostly because the state GOP didn't invest in the future, which is typical of that particular party.

More nonsense. :peace

Truth be told, public sector pension came about at a time when it was not unusual for businesses in general to have pensions for its workers. Social security was only suppose to be one leg of a three legged stool. Business figured out a way to shift the risk of retirement onto their workers so they got rid of pensions and replaced them with 401ks which are contribution plans instead of a defined plan. Now it is pretty rare to hear of any business to offer defined plans for its workers. They have to depend on social security which conservatives are trying to privatize under the same "It's going bankrupted?" shrills "quick change the system". I digress. Pensions are not bad even though that seems to be the narrative that has taken over front in center.
Yes, pensions were indeed quite common in private business several decades ago. My only quibble is that I wouldn't characterize that business found a way to wiggle out of them (my words, yes), but rather that they saw the writing on the wall and pro-actively changed because they had to. This is one area where private business is clearly better responsive than government. Government, even if they can see change coming, is not set up to change and adapt as efficiently.

Shouldn't this thread be moved to the conspiracy forum at this point?

For everyone.:peace

folks got it right this time Jack ... they figured out that business people get rewarded for eliminating or outsourcing jobs to create profit, not for creating jobs here ...

folks got it right this time Jack ... they figured out that business people get rewarded for eliminating or outsourcing jobs to create profit, not for creating jobs here ...

False. You mistake the part for the whole. Cost control is only some of the story. Innovation, investment and growth are also parts of the story. :peace

False. You mistake the part for the whole. Cost control is only some of the story. Innovation, investment and growth are also parts of the story. :peace

that "part" may have done Romney in ... and you left out the race to the bottom ...

Back
Top Bottom