• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Public Masturbation

Do you think it should be legal to masturbate in public places?

• Total voters
Warn them later? Like after they're done? My mom was waiting for a train in Zurich to visit family in Germany when some idiot whipped out his junk in front of her, full daylight, crowded train station and all. In all seriousness, perv's lucky I wasn't with her. Having the police called would have been the least of his concerns.

Well, i was trying to distinguish between intentional disgusting behavior like that and the way these laws are sometimes applied - toward behavior in someone's backyard or in the woods.

Well, i was trying to distinguish between intentional disgusting behavior like that and the way these laws are sometimes applied - toward behavior in someone's backyard or in the woods.

Well, someone's back yard isn't a public place. Masturbating in the woods is a little creepy though. Can you really not wait until you get home? Is this something you do often? :lol: Joking of course!

I do understand the distinction you're making and I can agree that if it's under circumstances where the guy thought he was alone or not likely to be seen that's different. I don't agree with the Swedish court, though, that the guy should walk because he didn't "direct" it at anyone. If he did it during the day in a public beach, that's just the same, to me, as wanting to be seen.

Well, someone's back yard isn't a public place. Masturbating in the woods is a little creepy though. Can you really not wait until you get home? Is this something you do often? :lol: Joking of course!

Rofl no, I've no desire to do any of that.

I do understand the distinction you're making and I can agree that if it's under circumstances where the guy thought he was alone or not likely to be seen that's different. I don't agree with the Swedish court, though, that the guy should walk because he didn't "direct" it at anyone. If he did it during the day in a public beach, that's just the same, to me, as wanting to be seen.

Yeah, I'd love to ask the jury about that one.

I agree. The guy is a weirdo.

From my understanding, it wasn't the jury, it was their court of appeals.

Ah, my bad. Reading again, it looks like the "assault" aspect of the charge is why it was tossed. Should've been charged with indecent exposure.

Came (heh heh) across this article;

Sweden Allows Public Masturbation | TIME.com

Now I know we're accused of being prudes in the US but I gotta say, I don't want to have to see some dude pleasuring himself at the beach, park, library etc. I'll go ahead and attach a poll. I know I shouldn't make it public but I don't even bother with polls that aren't. The question will be something like, "Do you think it should be legal to masturbate in public places?"

I have no problem with nudist beaches, nudist colonies, and in fact think that we might be better off if we all felt comfortable enough with our bodies to live that way, but imo, we need to keep sexual practices private.

I have no problem with nudist beaches, nudist colonies, and in fact think that we might be better off if we all felt comfortable enough with our bodies to live that way, but imo, we need to keep sexual practices private.

Being nude is one thing, beating off in public is something entirely different. :lol:

Being nude is one thing, beating off in public is something entirely different. :lol:

Yeah, but there seems to be a huge part of our society who can't separate the two concepts. :lol:

Yeah, but there seems to be a huge part of our society who can't separate the two concepts. :lol:

Well I have to admit, I've never been to a nude beach and have no desire to go to one. Usually the people that want to be nude are the ones you really don't want to see nude, or so I'm told. :mrgreen:

Well I have to admit, I've never been to a nude beach and have no desire to go to one. Usually the people that want to be nude are the ones you really don't want to see nude, or so I'm told. :mrgreen:

Yes, I have (and have had in the past) a few nudist friends. For the most part, they are very open-minded and lovely people, and you're right- they don't have gorgeous bodies, but they are comfortable with their bodies.

Yes, I have (and have had in the past) a few nudist friends. For the most part, they are very open-minded and lovely people, and you're right- they don't have gorgeous bodies, but they are comfortable with their bodies.

My own preference is to see people out in public wearing clothes though. :lol:

NO. Absolutely not. :lol: Some guys would be doing it all over the place. Yuck!

So... is that No for men; but Okay for women ... wet, sticky benches everywhere...... seems rather sexist to me....:lamo

G'd eve Chris

Thom Paine

So... is that No for men; but Okay for women ... wet, sticky benches everywhere...... seems rather sexist to me....:lamo

G'd eve Chris

Thom Paine

Good evening Thom. :)

No, but I think this is an activity that more men than women would engage in public. I guess there's the possibility that I could be wrong, but I don't think so. :lol:

Well you can urinate and defecate in public, as long as it's in a bathroom. Maybe we need stalls for masterbation. Kidding. That would be totally disgusting.
Masterbatoriums !
... I think the ancient Romans had them.

Masterbatoriums !
... I think the ancient Romans had them.

I wouldn't want to be the person responsible for cleaning that bathroom. :shock:

Strikes me as being sort of impractical, IMO. We white people sun burn easily enough already, thank you kindly, and there are circumstances where having certain, sensitive, portions of the male anatomy relatively protected under several layers of cloth actually comes in handy.

Imagine having a car drive by and splash water all over you if you were naked. It'd be a great way to catch some sort of nasty infection. :lol:

Last edited:
Strikes me as being sort of impractical, IMO. We white people sun burn easily enough already, thank you kindly, and there are certain circumstances where having certain, sensitive, portions of the male anatomy relatively protected under several layers of cloth actually comes in handy.

Imagine having a car drive by and splash water all over you if you were naked. It'd be a great way to catch some sort of nasty infection. :lol:

You have nasty water where you live? ;)

You have nasty water where you live? ;)

I live in Charleston. :lamo

376680_10150985994816455_1705521475_n.jpg

7974742309_7c30603538_o.jpg

Even aside from that though, would you want to sit on a nasty inner city bus stop seat in the buff? I wouldn't.

Great way catch some sort of funky fungus. lol

Back
Top Bottom