• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"Public Health Crisis" is the road to Dictatorship

Demonstrate why these Public Health Crises will never be used to exert overreach type control of people's lives and removal of rights by the government.
Hasn't happened yet, and y'all been pissing your pants in fear of it for decades now. There's always something. Until that wears.out and doesn't terrify you anymore.

Then they just make something else up and you screech and jump up on a chair.

So what comes after masks?

They convinced us to wear masks, what dictator thing am I going to do next?

Hasn't happened yet, and y'all been pissing your pants in fear of it for decades now. There's always something. Until that wears.out and doesn't terrify you anymore.

Then they just make something else up and you screech and jump up on a chair.

You're funny.

Our entire Constitution is based on the firm knowledge and belief that politicians our are lying thieves.

That you reject this firm knowledge and belief is interesting.

You're funny.

Our entire Constitution is based on the firm knowledge and belief that politicians our are lying thieves.

Except when they tell us we need voter ID laws, then they are honorable statesmen trying to protect our freedoms!
Or when they are opposing efforts to reduce the number of citizens killed by the government. Gotta back the police, always!

So what comes after masks?

They convinced us to wear masks, what dictator thing am I going to do next?

We're all set for "Kill your neighbour to stop them infecting you!" week. There are strict penalties for people who jump the gun!

We're all set for "Kill your neighbour to stop them infecting you!" week. There are strict penalties for people who jump the gun!

Oh shit when was that again I forgot to put it on my planner

Oh shit when was that again I forgot to put it on my planner

I should say "Jumping the gun" is just a phrase, since of course we're not allowed guns in the UK, so we have to be that bit more inventive. I think he'd notice me digging a mantrap in his garden path, so I've adjusted my garage door to spring up so I can reverse over him at 0715hrs when he predictably walks to the corner shop for his newspaper.

The right to bear arms was never about those topics.

The right to bear arms is the guarantor of the other amendments protecting the rights of the Various States and the People from power exertion by the Feds.

"Amendment II
A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

Before writing this particular response, it never occurred to me that this amendment is likely speaking about each state with people as the components of each state as opposed to the overall union or the accumulated United States.

In the body of the Constitution, do the Framers EVER use the word "state" as a synonym for the entire country, the United States?

It doesn't matter, the premise is false that we can fight Apache helicopters with Glock 9s and ARs. It's a silly conservative pipe (as in "crack" pipe) dream.

When conservatives start crying about their rights, it's invariably about their right to shoot people or call them niggers. The whole "big government" thing is exposed as empty hysteria by the fact that Trump was running record deficits, even before covid happened. They don't want small government, they want big government and big money to form an unholy, anti-democratic, fascist state.

Let's face the facts. The cons are authoritarian, bigoted and wealth worshiping. None of that speaks to a desire to limit government power, but to leverage it for the benefit of a few, white, christian plutocrats.

Don't get it twisted. The 2nd amendment has already been invalidated the minute they start giving guns to traitors.

You're funny.

You think there was fraud in the last election, don't you?

And politicians told you that. And that's the truth, right?

But all politicians lie, according to you.

Get back to me when you can resolve that.

Really not surprising. We all just obediently abandoned our jobs, put on masks, took children out of schools and gave up every right and privilege we ever enjoyed.

Rights don't cease to exist. Either we keep them or we give them up and wait for someone else to give them back to us. When "rights" are taken and returned as "privileges", we are subjects, not citizens.

Those in the Government covet power. They saw that a "Public Health Crisis" works to make us just give up our rights and wait for someone else to give them back to us.

Those in government have decided that they like withholding our rights. They NEVER want to give them back. NOW EVERYTHING IS A "PUBLIC HEALTH CRISIS".

SO FAR, RACISM AND GUN CONTROL HAVE JOINED THE ROSTER OF "PUBLIC HEALTH CRISES". All OTHER rights? Just a matter of time.

It requires no paranoia to understand what's being done either by or on behalf of the Dictatorial Communist Dementia victim in the White House. All that is required is to listen to what the Administration is saying and doing. Lawless power grabs.

SMH....

There have been times in American history where the government placed restrictions on the people to help protect them as well as getting the nation back to a better place. One example would be the rationing of fuel and many foodstuffs to re-directed to the government and military during WW2. And while difficult, Americans did it, sacrificed comfort and a measure of personal freedoms in the name of patriotism.

Your post sounds like a whine. You pound your chest over rights, yet are not willing to self-sacrifice as a patriot to help the nation to get back on its feet. You want your cake and eat it, too.

It’s time to grow up.

If a dictatorship comes to America it will be republicans who install it. You guys always need a strongman leader.

Except when they tell us we need voter ID laws, then they are honorable statesmen trying to protect our freedoms!
Or when they are opposing efforts to reduce the number of citizens killed by the government. Gotta back the police, always!

I didn't ever do the second.

Regarding the first, how many billions people from the planet's population do you wish to have voting in our elections?

I didn't ever do the second.

Regarding the first, how many billions people from the planet's population do you wish to have voting in our elections?

I want every single US citizen to vote.

It doesn't matter, the premise is false that we can fight Apache helicopters with Glock 9s and ARs. It's a silly conservative pipe (as in "crack" pipe) dream.

When conservatives start crying about their rights, it's invariably about their right to shoot people or call them niggers. The whole "big government" thing is exposed as empty hysteria by the fact that Trump was running record deficits, even before covid happened. They don't want small government, they want big government and big money to form an unholy, anti-democratic, fascist state.

Let's face the facts. The cons are authoritarian, bigoted and wealth worshiping. None of that speaks to a desire to limit government power, but to leverage it for the benefit of a few, white, christian plutocrats.

Don't get it twisted. The 2nd amendment has already been invalidated the minute they start giving guns to traitors.

Your post fails to address any point any point I considered.

You are arguing with voices in your head.

Why did you bother to quote my post at all?

You think there was fraud in the last election, don't you?

And politicians told you that. And that's the truth, right?

But all politicians lie, according to you.

Get back to me when you can resolve that.

Are you assuming that I think that only some politicians lie and that those select politicians never lied before the last election and that they have now suspended the lying?

My belief is that ALL politicians lie and they do so ALL the time and do so even when the truth would work better.

It's what they do.

Do you seriously believe that these lying thieves are honest?

SMH....

There have been times in American history where the government placed restrictions on the people to help protect them as well as getting the nation back to a better place. One example would be the rationing of fuel and many foodstuffs to re-directed to the government and military during WW2. And while difficult, Americans did it, sacrificed comfort and a measure of personal freedoms in the name of patriotism.

Your post sounds like a whine. You pound your chest over rights, yet are not willing to self-sacrifice as a patriot to help the nation to get back on its feet. You want your cake and eat it, too.

It’s time to grow up.

I have no idea what you are trying to say. In WW2, the Iron Range of Minnesota was strip mined to produce the steel for the weapons produced. The donation of pots and pans to the effort was a propaganda ploy.

The rationing of fuel and food stuffs was probably needed, but not any more. Our farmers are destroying crops every year.

The way to cure the economic problems is to re-open the country. And it's free: Does not require an additional $2 Trillion debt paid mostly in corrupt boondoggles to corrupt cronies to be paid back by future generations.

Here in Indiana, the Governor very publicly said that he was not going to lift the Health Emergency because, if he did, he would not get the $3 Billion for the State from the Feds. No connection whatever to Covid.

Your ignorance of what happened before and what is happening right now is disappointing.

"Public Health Crisis" is the road to Dictatorship
Other public health crises included the Spanish Flu, Smallpox, Polio, repeated outbreaks of Cholera, Measles, Diphtheria etc , and AIDS. Are you a dictatorship as a result?

Trump Advised Prior to Inauguration

Military Advised Trump Admin in 2017
https://www.thenation.com/article/politics/covid-military-shortage-pandemic/

Not only has GOP ignorance and mismanagement resulted in millions being relieved of employment it also has relieved millions of their health care coverage in which some of these millions will likely be victims of COVID 19 which is killing hundreds of thousands as we speak.

Then there will be millions more victims of COVID 19 due to GOP ignorance and mismanagement since 2017.

Who increases the cost of medical insurance? and how? politicians increase the cost of health care?

Reckless spending by the insurance industry:
== contributions to political campaigns = irresponsible use of health care dollars

Like I said, there are no more slaves to keep in line.
Oh thats not true. Ok...its SORT OF true. I mean...there are still slaves...about 80 million of them according to the last election tallies. But you are right...the government doesnt have to keep them in line...they line up to the polls and vote for their masters. And all it takes is the promise of a few pennies, some trinkets, and empty promises to take care of them for the rest of their miserable pathetic lives.

On the contrary, there is no other time in US history where people being well armed is a necessity.

Are you telling me that being well armed today is more important than it was when a significant percentage of the population lived off the land?

Are you telling me that being well armed today is more important than it was when a significant percentage of the population lived off the land?
crime is more common now, and mass rioting more a threat

Unless you live in a high crime area, the risk of being a victim of a violent crime are much lower than most people think: https://www.legalexaminer.com/home-...crime-victim-likely-not-as-high-as-you-think/

I think it is also worth pointing out that many violent crimes are domestic assaults. Human beings are terrible at judging actual risk. There are lifelong smokers on quiet suburban streets that are armed to the teeth out of fear of home invasion. A minuscule risk for them in their community, all the while engaging in an activity that almost guarantees them a slow, horrible death. There are antivaxers that eat terribly and don't exercise. There are people that have really long commutes because they are scared of living any closer to the city, not realizing that their risks of being killed in an auto accident due to their long commutes far exceeds their risks of being a victim of a crime in an inner ring suburb. Another example is all the focus people have on AR type rifles for reducing murders when rifles are involved in only a tiny percentage of homicides. Or people being worried about open carry, even though the guys that do are almost always law abiding. Point being, most people are really bad at judging risk.

A gun today for most people is kind of a safety blanket that makes them feel safer regardless of whether they are at any significant risk or not. For folks that partially or completely lived off the land, a gun was truly life or death. If I told you that you would spend a year in the Alaskan backcountry and then a year in an American city, but you could only have a gun with you for one of those years, you would be a fool to not have one in the Alaskan backcountry.

Violent crime fell 49% between 1993 and 2019, according to FBI data. Robbery is down, murder is down.

Back
Top Bottom