• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Psychology lesson for aps...

ptsdkid

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
This lesson may be a great tune up for Stace as well, since it’s geared toward bring the two of you closer to the real world, i.e. my world. I give both Stace and Aps an A+ for successfully finishing the first homework assignment of finding the correct medical data as used in determining a 100% PTSD veteran. Btw, my lowest GAF (Global Assessment Functioning) rating during that 1992 hospital inpatient cohort was 25. You need not look to find what that number represented. Stace has already supplied an answer which wasn’t much better than that of someone being comatose or of a catatonic Thorazine shuffling fool.

I have had PTSD or a facsimile thereof for over 40 years, with it’s genesis originating during adolescence as being the victim of severe and chronic physical beatings.

From the moment I ran away from home, I learned to shun every dependency label that peers and authority figures had willingly and readily assigned to me. I refused to play the victim role; refused to whine; refused to beg for anything, and refused to take orders from careless, inconsiderate, and pig-headed authority figures. In essence, I have linked childhood abuse and reinforcing combat traumas as being the impetus to the precocious development of my mind. I also shun that ridiculous saying, “You’re a survivor”. Anyone still breathing air is a survivor of some unpleasant experience or another. I don’t need to wear any silly medals that would undoubtedly cover up the ‘real’ me.

My work ethic, my desire to fight for what is right (including my service to country), and the commitment to better myself by soaring past or avoiding dependable prescribed anti depressant drugs, by staying physically and mentally active and sound--had in affect placed me squarely into the Republican/Conservative camp of ideals and ambitions.

If I had been a liberal before being traumatized--I would surely have been a lifelong member of an institutionalized ward of the government. The VA would have provided me with a hospital bed/home, with food, with a safe environment, with a daily supply of Prozac, Zoloft or Paxil, and I would get to whine at will to the psyche nurses that the T.V. in the recreation room was still too snowy. You see, liberals in general have no ambition, cannot adhere to structure or rules, refuse to fight for anything (thus the often pacifist label), and by lying in a hospital bed all day, they wouldn’t have to tax their lethargic brains by setting any kind of lifelong goals for them or their families.

To me, hard work and an appreciation for ones’ accomplishments/achievements will in the end lead to satisfaction, contentment and happiness. I fail to see how someone that depends on government, or someone refusing to fight, or someone settling for less or second best, or for whatever is most convenient at the time will lead to anything other than misery and despair. Those character traits have become a liberal’s mantra as well as his birthright.

Stace & Aps: I won’t go into further detail of how and why my 25 rating had sunk to that level in 1992. My desire here is to show you how this PTSD scourge of the past can and has been overturned. By my example, you’ll also learn how one can actually profit both mentally and physically for having been exposed to such extreme conditions in the first place. You must have a discerning eye to follow such a course of reasoning to it's desired end.

I have posted on numerous PTSD forums for civilians, veterans and their wives or girlfriends.

PTSD can and does often kick *** to the point of no return for many. Most PTSDers love to (almost in braggadocio) fashion claim that there is no cure for PTSD. Of course there is no magic elixir pill as a cure all. But these people are losers in life. Once ambitious lively souls have been crushed for good. They tend to resign life to popping a potpourri of anti depressant pills, and they let the VA supply them with all their medical needs. Most have given up hope of being a productive member of society; they’ve become hideaways to safe bunkers of retreat. They’re calling it quits…the white flag flies proudly over their broken compound.

It has been 14 years since I stumbled into that black hole of loneliness and despair at that VA hospital. With degrees of higher education at my fingertips; I find no need to dwell any further on that low point in life.

All I ask from you two gals, is for you to engage me or others on the merits of politics for the subject at hand. I’ll fully understand if you feel somewhat incompetent in debating politics.

To suggest that someone is psychologically imbalanced, or perhaps has hallucinating visions of pink elephants dancing on his monitor--is not being honest or real. It does show you as having a penchant to produce red-herrings, and it isn’t conducive to keeping ’debate politics’ the amusing show that it is. Come on girls, you can do better than that!

Oh, I almost forgot, this is the flaming basement where anything goes. Please disregard everything I just said….it’s all rubbish, I may have been hallucinating or disassociating, LOL!

I suggest you try Naltrexone. I hear it works wonders. :mrgreen:

ptsdkid said:

So, nutcase, some shi*t has happened to you. I spend every waking day wishing that some shi*t had happend to me instead of someone else. I would trade that in a heartbeat. You are weak. What you have been through happened to you. So, you are alive, right? Got any kids? You don't know pain fool. You are not even close. You can't scratch the surface. I have been through the worst thing that can happen to a person. I've got your PTSD hanging. Shut the fuc*k up. You have no idea what pain is. You are just claiming PTSD when you are just fuc*king stupid.

The day you claim that your pain is worse than mine, worse than the day I climbed into the back of a ambulance and forced open the eyelids of my dead 11 year old son Matthew's eyes so I could see his big blues one last time, is the the day I will come hunt you down like the rabid dog you are. My pain trumps yours. And I manage to be a positive influence. You just suck. I hate people like you that claim some bullshit. I have issues in life like nobodies tomorrow. But I don't claim them here. I just hate when some ***** like you says such. If you have problems, go deal with them. Don't start a stupid bullshit thread moaning about your world. Leave us alone. You suck.

teacher said:
So, nutcase, some shi*t has happened to you. I spend every waking day wishing that some shi*t had happend to me instead of someone else. I would trade that in a heartbeat. You are weak. What you have been through happened to you. So, you are alive, right? Got any kids? You don't know pain fool. You are not even close. You can't scratch the surface. I have been through the worst thing that can happen to a person. I've got your PTSD hanging. Shut the fuc*k up. You have no idea what pain is. You are just claiming PTSD when you are just fuc*king stupid.

The day you claim that your pain is worse than mine, worse than the day I climbed into the back of a ambulance and forced open the eyelids of my dead 11 year old son Matthew's eyes so I could see his big blues one last time, is the the day I will come hunt you down like the rabid dog you are. My pain trumps yours. And I manage to be a positive influence. You just suck. I hate people like you that claim some bullshit. I have issues in life like nobodies tomorrow. But I don't claim them here. I just hate when some ***** like you says such. If you have problems, go deal with them. Don't start a stupid bullshit thread moaning about your world. Leave us alone. You suck.

I'm sorry to hear about your son, teach. No parent should have to go through that.

ptsdkid, he's absolutely right, though. You bring a legit topic upstairs? I'll happily debate it fair and square, provided it's a topic that actually catches my interest. But seeing as how most of your threads either get moved down here, or are started here....everything's fair game down here. You wanna throw out your PTSD like a badge of honor or something? Expect it to be used against you. If you don't want to be judged on some aspect of yourself, don't throw it out there. It's that simple. Otherwise, don't cry and complain when you get eaten alive because of it. Down here? We bite at anything and everything. It's all fair game.

And yeah, you do suck.

ptsdkid said:
This lesson may be a great tune up for Stace as well, since it’s geared toward bring the two of you closer to the real world, i.e. my world. I give both Stace and Aps an A+ for successfully finishing the first homework assignment of finding the correct medical data as used in determining a 100% PTSD veteran. Btw, my lowest GAF (Global Assessment Functioning) rating during that 1992 hospital inpatient cohort was 25. You need not look to find what that number represented. Stace has already supplied an answer which wasn’t much better than that of someone being comatose or of a catatonic Thorazine shuffling fool.

I have had PTSD or a facsimile thereof for over 40 years, with it’s genesis originating during adolescence as being the victim of severe and chronic physical beatings.

From the moment I ran away from home, I learned to shun every dependency label that peers and authority figures had willingly and readily assigned to me. I refused to play the victim role; refused to whine; refused to beg for anything, and refused to take orders from careless, inconsiderate, and pig-headed authority figures. In essence, I have linked childhood abuse and reinforcing combat traumas as being the impetus to the precocious development of my mind. I also shun that ridiculous saying, “You’re a survivor”. Anyone still breathing air is a survivor of some unpleasant experience or another. I don’t need to wear any silly medals that would undoubtedly cover up the ‘real’ me.

My work ethic, my desire to fight for what is right (including my service to country), and the commitment to better myself by soaring past or avoiding dependable prescribed anti depressant drugs, by staying physically and mentally active and sound--had in affect placed me squarely into the Republican/Conservative camp of ideals and ambitions.

If I had been a liberal before being traumatized--I would surely have been a lifelong member of an institutionalized ward of the government. The VA would have provided me with a hospital bed/home, with food, with a safe environment, with a daily supply of Prozac, Zoloft or Paxil, and I would get to whine at will to the psyche nurses that the T.V. in the recreation room was still too snowy. You see, liberals in general have no ambition, cannot adhere to structure or rules, refuse to fight for anything (thus the often pacifist label), and by lying in a hospital bed all day, they wouldn’t have to tax their lethargic brains by setting any kind of lifelong goals for them or their families.

To me, hard work and an appreciation for ones’ accomplishments/achievements will in the end lead to satisfaction, contentment and happiness. I fail to see how someone that depends on government, or someone refusing to fight, or someone settling for less or second best, or for whatever is most convenient at the time will lead to anything other than misery and despair. Those character traits have become a liberal’s mantra as well as his birthright.

Stace & Aps: I won’t go into further detail of how and why my 25 rating had sunk to that level in 1992. My desire here is to show you how this PTSD scourge of the past can and has been overturned. By my example, you’ll also learn how one can actually profit both mentally and physically for having been exposed to such extreme conditions in the first place. You must have a discerning eye to follow such a course of reasoning to it's desired end.

I have posted on numerous PTSD forums for civilians, veterans and their wives or girlfriends.

PTSD can and does often kick *** to the point of no return for many. Most PTSDers love to (almost in braggadocio) fashion claim that there is no cure for PTSD. Of course there is no magic elixir pill as a cure all. But these people are losers in life. Once ambitious lively souls have been crushed for good. They tend to resign life to popping a potpourri of anti depressant pills, and they let the VA supply them with all their medical needs. Most have given up hope of being a productive member of society; they’ve become hideaways to safe bunkers of retreat. They’re calling it quits…the white flag flies proudly over their broken compound.

It has been 14 years since I stumbled into that black hole of loneliness and despair at that VA hospital. With degrees of higher education at my fingertips; I find no need to dwell any further on that low point in life.

All I ask from you two gals, is for you to engage me or others on the merits of politics for the subject at hand. I’ll fully understand if you feel somewhat incompetent in debating politics.

To suggest that someone is psychologically imbalanced, or perhaps has hallucinating visions of pink elephants dancing on his monitor--is not being honest or real. It does show you as having a penchant to produce red-herrings, and it isn’t conducive to keeping ’debate politics’ the amusing show that it is. Come on girls, you can do better than that!

Oh, I almost forgot, this is the flaming basement where anything goes. Please disregard everything I just said….it’s all rubbish, I may have been hallucinating or disassociating, LOL!

Hi ptsdkid.

You raise very interesting points. I just wish you could provide your points without being such an a$$hole towards liberals. You think that is indicative of a good political debater? I sure don't. You can tell me your story and how you developed into who you are without bashing the other party and saying how much better your party is. Your obsession with bashing liberals is, in my view, indicative of someone who is not all there. So for you to come on here and pretend that we should take your assessments more seriously is a joke.

What fascinates me is that you speak disparagingly about people who live off the government. What do you think you're doing? Because you served our country, somehow your receipt VA disability benefits, which comes out of all our pockets, isn't essentially a social program? First, PTSD is one of the most curable psychiatric disorders. However, because VA pays out more $$$ the more severe one's symptoms are, there is no incentive for veterans to get better. It sounds like you don't even warrant the 100% rating anymore, so why are you taking it? "Because I served my country, aps, and I deserve it." Do you know how many veterans I see who play the system? Veterans who served for 2 years, who are discharged from service and then make it their life mission to get as many benefits from VA as they can? They file claim after claim and blame all their problems on when they were in the service. It disgusts me. What's funny is that many of these people who play the system are republicans (as we all know, the majority of people in the military are republicans). So for you to tell me that liberals have no work ethics is laughable, at best.

I'm glad you felt it necessary to single me out so that you could share your hardships with me, while at the same time continue your assault of liberals. I just don't care about you or what you think of liberals or what you think about me. You aren't even worth my acknowledgment anymore. Bye bye.

For Stace and Aps: Teacher doesn't deserve a response. He isn't worth the effort. The guy obviously has missed an anger management class or two.

The only reason I revealed my sordid medical history is to get you two gals to stop using red herrings (the GAF assessment) as a determinant in debating politics with me. So you both went from receiving an A+ for the first assignment--to miserably failing the first quiz as given by the 'Debate Politics' functional team.

My postings do seem to get thrown down here in the basement. The reason being is because I'm more concerned with the individual personalities of those that choose to participate. Therefore, once the debate gets heated to a personal pitch--the moderators step in to muffle the proceedings. Good example is my latest posting of, "Liberals love Class Warfare", as that one is down here as well. Oh well, thought I could get some intelligent/provocative debate going with two. Guess I was wrong. **** happens.

Sheesh...and I thought I had an ego? After reading your diatribe, kid, I have to doff my hat to you...I just have confidence...you have ego oozing out of your pores.

And frankly, I think 95% of what you typed up there is BS. Why tell us all this if not to evoke some sort of sympathy?

You think we care how many bed pans you went through?

Maybe you should run for office under the republican banner? They'll believe anything.

If this was your attempt at humor, stay away from those open mike nights.

Hoot said:
Sheesh...and I thought I had an ego? After reading your diatribe, kid, I have to doff my hat to you...I just have confidence...you have ego oozing out of your pores.

And frankly, I think 95% of what you typed up there is BS. Why tell us all this if not to evoke some sort of sympathy?

You think we care how many bed pans you went through?

Maybe you should run for office under the republican banner? They'll believe anything.

If this was your attempt at humor, stay away from those open mike nights.

***I see that you are giving your best shot at providing humor here. Nice try, but I suggest you lower your ego a tad, first by trashing that ridiculous 'Hoot' moniker, then, talk to the fine folks here by admitting that you are are flaming ******, and how you need to get our sympathy for having posed here as an undesirable. Pretty hard to boast of having an ego before you get a life to begin with.

ptsdkid said:
***I see that you are giving your best shot at providing humor here. Nice try, but I suggest you lower your ego a tad, first by trashing that ridiculous 'Hoot' moniker, then, talk to the fine folks here by admitting that you are are flaming ******, and how you need to get our sympathy for having posed here as an undesirable. Pretty hard to boast of having an ego before you get a life to begin with.

Hoot is an old nick name from high school that has stuck with me. My friends still call me that. I prefer Hoot over pstdkid which sounds like an acronym for **** test kid. LOL ( You know, those urinalysis tests)

As far as flaming, this is the damp dark basement. There is no such thing as flaming in the basement. You'll live.

I don't need anyones sympathy. As far as a life, I have almost 23 years of government service, I have a beautiful wife, a son, I'm a homeowner, and I'm a part time professional musician, and with all modesty, I'm probably the best guitarist on this web site...over 40 years of playing has helped. Of course, now I play mostly ukulele. ( There's some ammo for you! LOL)

I'll get you started...What do you call a beautiful woman on the arm of a ukulele player?

A tatoo!

Anyway, kid...I have nothing against you, but you come across as bitter and abrasive and in need of sympathy, hence your original post above.

Hey...when the girls on here are showing signs of not liking you, you must admit you're doing something wrong, right?

Best of luck to you, kid...I hope you have happier days ahead.

Last edited:
teacher said:

Whoa, I am very sorry to hear about your son, Teacher. Is that why you came to this forum? That's ok, you don't have to tell me if you don't want to.

George_Washington said:
Whoa, I am very sorry to hear about your son, Teacher.

Suffice it to say when I tell you folks to cherish your children, I know what I'm talking about.

Is that why you came to this forum?

Lord no. Strange question. Do you ask that thinking I vent and rage here? Or use this place as some sort of therapy? I came here to annoy people and rant. To exercize my humor muscles. To debate politics with a group of people more knowledgable than the rest of the unwashed masses. To meet hot chicks with brains and talk to them without staring at thier chest. To see if the average Joe can understand my pyramid constrution theory before I write it up and win a Nobel. To spread the gospel of monkeys and Pez. To find a group of loons and be their leader. To continue my search for my better at smack so I can learn from that person. But mainly to torment Billo and pick on the French. Well, it started with the French, Billo just showed up.

That's ok, you don't have to tell me if you don't want to.

I'm fine. But when people like pstkid seem to use life's events as an excuse for being a dick, it just rubs me the wrong way. Just so happens that my personal experience puts me on a equal playing field. And it doesn't hurt that pstkid is a friggin joke.

Just as folks without children can not understand the love a parent has for a child, parents that have not lost a child can not understand. So love your kids like today is the last day. Never put off until tomorrow. Consider my advise on this a gift to you all. And for what it's worth, I of course have talked with other parents in my position. I've never seen a group of people on any topic in as much agreement as we are on this. So when I speak about this, you can take it to the bank it's just not my take. Losing a sibling comes the closest from what I hear. A while back my Dad had a friend that lost her 19 year old son. After listening to the weak bullshit everyone told her I took her aside. I told her it's never gonna get any better. Time does not heal this. You will be miserable for the rest of your life. The only thing that happens is you get better at dealing with it. She told me some time later that of everyone I was the only one to be honest, helpful and made the most sense.

Obviously, I can talk about it.

And how many times do I have to tell you people, it's teacher with a lower case "t", I wouldn't want to appear pompas. Look at it logically, it's quicker to type it correct than the extra keystrokes to capitalize the "t".

Now where's Billo?

Back
Top Bottom