• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Psychedelics and Spirituality?

Do you believe that psychedelic drugs can bring spiritual growth or development?

• Yes, I do.

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • No, I do not.

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • I'm not quite sure.

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
When you say spiritual experience what are you using for your point of reference?

I would say, without ego, without self reference, just experiencing yourself and others and being absolutely in the now.

I got that from LSD. The first lot I had though had speed and all sorts of other things in it and was not at all good but still had this feeling of lack of ego.

Later I used smaller amounts of clinical LSD and found the experiences very spiritual as I have described.

Before LSD became illegal it was given to some US alcoholics for treatment to try to get them in touch with their spirituality.

These experiences are of course completely possible without LSD but require a bit more work!

Last edited:
I would say, without ego, without self reference, just experiencing yourself and others and being absolutely in the now.

I got that from LSD. The first lot I had though had speed and all sorts of other things in it and was not at all good but still had this feeling of lack of ego.

Later I used smaller amounts of clinical LSD and found the experiences very spiritual as I have described.

Before LSD became illegal it was given to some US alcoholics for treatment to try to get them in touch with their spirituality.

These experiences are of course completely possible without LSD but require a bit more work!

I found for the me the less speed that was involved the better. There was for a time something that was called spell. It was a hallucinogenic downer almost. It was awesome. I haven't seen nor heard of that no in 35 years.
We actually used to make our own. My bad.

That was some of the best we ever did. I never saw any of it as spiritual in the sense that I think the Op is. I did find it expanding though in many ways.

I liked Mescaline, I cant remember why, but I get a warm glow when I try to

I found for the me the less speed that was involved the better. There was for a time something that was called spell. It was a hallucinogenic downer almost. It was awesome. I haven't seen nor heard of that no in 35 years.
We actually used to make our own. My bad.

That was some of the best we ever did. I never saw any of it as spiritual in the sense that I think the Op is. I did find it expanding though in many ways.

Yes, well we will take into the experience ourselves anyway. If you never think of things with the terms of spirituality, probably you also wouldn't when tripping but the mind expansion is where I think most people think of it as related to the spiritual.

Your posts though reminded me of some of the other benefits as well - colour being totally amazing and sexual experiences being particularly good.

Yes, well we will take into the experience ourselves anyway. If you never think of things with the terms of spirituality, probably you also wouldn't when tripping but the mind expansion is where I think most people think of it as related to the spiritual.

Your posts though reminded me of some of the other benefits as well - colour being totally amazing and sexual experiences being particularly good.

The sexual experience were like nothing I have experienced since. Though i am still with Alice my same partner. It was as if we melted together there was an uncommon feeling of closeness. Her touches were well they just were. It was like I was so sensitized to her hands. I could feel her fingerprints it seemed.
Color and sound for me more color. I could see colors in smells. If i smelled grape i could see purple. Wow. It was awesome in many ways. To old and too unhealthy to try that again. But yes i would in a heartbeat if not so dangerous.

I voted yes. I don't think I'd have the spiritual understanding I have today if I didn't use the LSD and mushrooms I did. Of course, my spirituallity is not christian or anything like it.

I voted yes. I don't think I'd have the spiritual understanding I have today if I didn't use the LSD and mushrooms I did. Of course, my spirituallity is not christian or anything like it.
Yeah, I can certainly relate. It was as if a veil was lifted from my eyes and I realized that what we deem "reality" is not as concrete as one might think. It's amazing to think that reality can be defied by a puff of smoke(salvia), a drop of liquid(LSD) or a mushroom(Psilocybin).

I have experienced 90% of my spiritual growth after I stopped taking mushrooms and doing acid. I had some significant mind and perceptions altering experiences on shrooms but I'm leaning towards thinking of the psyliciben high as an enima for the conscious. It does have some fairly long short term effects on anxiety levels. Under the right circumstances a good shroom trip with good friends can be harmless and beneficial in some ways. But spiritual growth is different for everyone, and I say psychadelics can possibly aid spiritual growth.

Back
Top Bottom