• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ps5

tosca1

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
It is said to be launched sometime around November, 2020. But, I don't think I'd buy it anytime soon after its launch date.

There is the backward compatibility issue to be considered - looks like its only compatible with PS4 games - and I am still enjoying
PS1 and PS2 games!

I don't know what the impact of Covid-19 has on it (economy), as far as game titles are concerned. If sales of PS5 do not meet expectation -
will developers be rushing to get more games out?

With the titles that have been confirmed so far, I don't think they even include any "turn-based" or RPG strategy games!
The titles are mostly to showcase the graphics and other perks of PS5. I'm not into on-line gaming, so that option doesn't
make any difference with me.
Final Fantasy is rumored to be an exclusive to PS5. Is that enough to make it worthwhile for me?
Sure, the titles will be quite advanced compared to the old consoles.....but my lament - if only there are more RPGs to choose from!

I'll have to wait and see next year how it goes.

Your thoughts?

Last edited:
It is said to be launched sometime around November, 2020. But, I don't think I'd buy it anytime soon after its launch date.

There is the backward compatibility issue to be considered - looks like its only compatible with PS4 games - and I am still enjoying
PS1 and PS2 games!

I don't know what the impact of Covid-19 has on it (economy), as far as game titles are concerned. If sales of PS5 do not meet expectation -

With the titles that have been confirmed so far, I don't think they even include any "turn-based" or RPG strategy games!
The titles are mostly to showcase the graphics and other perks of PS5. I'm not into on-line gaming, so that option doesn't
Final Fantasy is rumored to be an exclusive to PS5. Is that enough to make it worthwhile for me?
Sure, the titles will be quite advanced compared to the old consoles.....but my lament - if only there are more RPGs to choose from!

Your thoughts?

My thought is if you want good RPGs, get a gaming PC, there is a ton of indie stuff on steam (usually inexpensive), which is where you will find old school games.

For me though, I have a:
  • Ryzen 3600, 2060 Super, 16GB of 3600mhz ram, 1tb sata ssd, windows
  • Xbox One X
  • Nintendo Switch

So a PS5 will be a good addition to my man cave. However, I will probably pick one up in the Feb time frame, I want to focus on the kids a bit this Christmas and will focus on myself later, its been a rough year for them and I want the year to at least end for them on a high note.

My thought is if you want good RPGs, get a gaming PC,

I am envious of PC gamers.
I like the kind of games they have on PC, but the drawback for me is using the keyboard for gaming.
Is the learning curve easy than it looks? I have a new computer, and apparently it will handle games.

I like the kind of games they have on PC, but the drawback for me is using the keyboard for gaming.
Is the learning curve easy than it looks? I have a new computer, and apparently it will handle games.

I use this for many games

81EViq8VZNL._SX522_.jpg

Most games are developed to work with console and will take a controller just fine.

Plus with this one, it has buttons on the bottom that you can assign to left and right hat which are uncomfortable for me to press and its far cheaper than an elite controller.

also xbox controllers easily work with windows

I use this for many games

81EViq8VZNL._SX522_.jpg

Most games are developed to work with console and will take a controller just fine.

Plus with this one, it has buttons on the bottom that you can assign to left and right hat which are uncomfortable for me to press and its far cheaper than an elite controller.

also xbox controllers easily work with windows

You mentioned "PC." I take it you mean computer games? Is there any kind of controller we can use instead of keyboard?

OOOPs. Disregard that. :) I read your post again.

I will check into it. Thank you.

That's hilarious! I have the same problem with a console controller. The last console I had was a Sega Genesis and when someone put a PS4 controller in my hands I was lost.

PS1 and PS2 games!

Your thoughts?

With the PS4 I got one when I needed it for FF7 Remake. The PS5 will probably be similar, except that alot of the shine from the FF7 Remake series is off. Great graphics, great nostalgia, and horribly ****ty combat system that ruined it. SO it may be awhile before I get one.

With the PS4 I got one when I needed it for FF7 Remake. The PS5 will probably be similar, except that alot of the shine from the FF7 Remake series is off. Great graphics, great nostalgia, and horribly ****ty combat system that ruined it. SO it may be awhile before I get one.

I was planning to do it for FF7 but the PS5 was in active development at the time so I decided to wait

That's hilarious! I have the same problem with a console controller. The last console I had was a Sega Genesis and when someone put a PS4 controller in my hands I was lost.

Should have played a few years longer the PS4 controller is pretty much the same as the PS1 controller.

Although the 6 button genesis controller is one of the best of all time

Oh boy.....I must be too outdated with controllers. :lol: Looks like learning the PS5 controller will be a challenge in itself!

The ps5 controller will be similar to the ps4 which other than size is similar to the Xbox 1 controller

The Xbox 1 controller can be used on computers, I used it for GTA5 on the pc.

The ps5 main advantage will be exclusive games and a very fast leading rate from it’s hard drive allowing for quick transitions in open world games. It is going to be quite expensive for a console however, and the only game I see as a near must have is Cyberpunk 2077

Back
Top Bottom