• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Proud Boys leader has no sympathy for lawmakers targeted by Capitol riot

ouch

Air Muscle
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
All I can is that our justice system had better spend most of their time locating these groups and charging them for any violations found. If special prisons need to be built to house them, so-be-it. There's enough enemies abroad against the US without allowing these homegrown violent loons to run freely on American soil.

Proud Boys leader has no sympathy for lawmakers targeted by Capitol riot - CNNPolitics
Miami (CNN)The leader of the far-right Proud Boys group does not care that lawmakers were terrorized by rioters inside the US Capitol on January 6 as they tried to do their jobs.

 "I'm not gonna cry about people who don't give a crap about their constituents. I'm not going to sympathize with them," Enrique Tarrio says.

 More than a dozen people affiliated with the often violent, far-right  "Western Chauvinist" group have been charged for their roles in the insurrection, so CNN sat down with Tarrio to hear if he had any explanation or justification for their actions, or if he would now change tack.

What he has not done is change his mind about the role the Proud Boys played on January 6 or his feelings about the targeting of members of Congress despite the release of so much stunningly violent video. The attack left five people dead and dozens of police officers injured.

He doubles down, dismissing the specter of a mob that had hammered on doors to the House and Senate trying to get to those inside: "I'm not going to worry about people that their only worry is to be reelected."

Proud Boys are accused of conspiracy, making threats to assault a federal officer, stealing a police officer's shield, robbery, theft and destruction of government property, carrying a dangerous weapon, assaulting, resisting or impeding officers, and removing barriers and fences at the Capitol.

Tarrio is close to Trump confidant Roger Stone and even revealed he had been called to testify in front of a grand jury regarding Stone.

CNN's Katelyn Polantz first reported last week that a grand jury had been convened in 2019. Tarrio said he testified because he had access to Stone's phone a couple of times to post social media content.

Tarrio admitted he was an informant for the FBI and other agencies after he was convicted in a federal fraud case, but he now says the FBI is not to be trusted and improperly uses its power.

All I can is that our justice system had better spend most of their time locating these groups and charging them for any violations found. If special prisons need to be built to house them, so-be-it. There's enough enemies abroad against the US without allowing these homegrown violent loons to run freely on American soil.

Proud Boys leader has no sympathy for lawmakers targeted by Capitol riot - CNNPolitics
Miami (CNN)The leader of the far-right Proud Boys group does not care that lawmakers were terrorized by rioters inside the US Capitol on January 6 as they tried to do their jobs.

 "I'm not gonna cry about people who don't give a crap about their constituents. I'm not going to sympathize with them," Enrique Tarrio says.

 More than a dozen people affiliated with the often violent, far-right  "Western Chauvinist" group have been charged for their roles in the insurrection, so CNN sat down with Tarrio to hear if he had any explanation or justification for their actions, or if he would now change tack.

What he has not done is change his mind about the role the Proud Boys played on January 6 or his feelings about the targeting of members of Congress despite the release of so much stunningly violent video. The attack left five people dead and dozens of police officers injured.

He doubles down, dismissing the specter of a mob that had hammered on doors to the House and Senate trying to get to those inside: "I'm not going to worry about people that their only worry is to be reelected."

Proud Boys are accused of conspiracy, making threats to assault a federal officer, stealing a police officer's shield, robbery, theft and destruction of government property, carrying a dangerous weapon, assaulting, resisting or impeding officers, and removing barriers and fences at the Capitol.

Tarrio is close to Trump confidant Roger Stone and even revealed he had been called to testify in front of a grand jury regarding Stone.

CNN's Katelyn Polantz first reported last week that a grand jury had been convened in 2019. Tarrio said he testified because he had access to Stone's phone a couple of times to post social media content.

Tarrio admitted he was an informant for the FBI and other agencies after he was convicted in a federal fraud case, but he now says the FBI is not to be trusted and improperly uses its power.

This is why the NSA needs to exist.

A racist piece of shit terrorist isn’t unhappy with the terrorist actions he took part in.

Well that just blew up my weekend!

A racist piece of shit terrorist isn’t unhappy with the terrorist actions he took part in.

Well that just blew up my weekend!

You do know the man is Black right?

At least this person is brave enough to be honest in the support of the sedition of Jan 6

Tarrio is in deep lock step with (S/I/T) Trump's con. This is the kind of crap that (S/I/T) Trump attracts. One of his good buddies is Roger Stone. Of course he is. 😒

Enrique Tarrio - Wikipedia
In 2020, Tarrio was a candidate in the Republican primary election for Florida's 27th congressional district, but withdrew.[3][8][6] Tarrio, who is Cuban American and of Afro-Cuban background,[8] served as the Florida state director of the grassroots organization Latinos for Trump.

Henry Tarrio, Jr. was born in 1984 or 1985 and raised in Little Havana, a poor neighborhood in Miami, Florida.[1][2][12] Tarrio is of Cuban heritage and identifies as Afro-Cuban.[4][11] He has been married and divorced.[4]

Tarrio was arrested by Washington, D.C. police on January 4, 2021 and charged with one misdemeanor count of destruction of property in connection with the burning of a Black Lives Matter banner stolen from a Washington, D.C. church during a pro-Trump march on December 12, 2020 that drew around 200 Proud Boys. Tarrio acknowledged that he had burned the banner, but denied that the act was a hate crime.[24][32] Tarrio was also charged with two felony counts of possession of a high capacity feeding device after two high-capacity firearms magazines were found on Tarrio when he was arrested.[33][34] A statement released by African Methodist Episcopal Church, which was one of two historically black churches in D.C. targeted on December 12, said that the church had sued Tarrio and the Proud Boys organization.[35][36] After his release on January 5, 2021, Tarrio was banned from entering Washington, DC, except for trial or meeting with his lawyers.[37][38][39][40] The FBI later said they had arrested Tarrio in an attempt to prevent the 2021 storming of the United States Capitol.[30]

To Hell with this Fascist.

So? Black people can be racist.

I do not know the man's attitude on race. But his view of democracy and rule of law is quite clear. He is a fascist, plain and simple.

I do not know the man's attitude on race. But his view of democracy and rule of law is quite clear. He is a fascist, plain and simple.

If you want to know his attitude on race, just research what the Proud Boys stand for.

If you want to know his attitude on race, just research what the Proud Boys stand for.

I have. It seems some of the leaders of the movement (like Kyle Chapman) were trying to make the organization explicitly anti-Semitic and white supremacist, but it is unclear whether they retain a role in leadership and organization. Irrespective of the racial views, the group can easily be labeled a neo-fascist organization.

There have been people on this very board who have explicitly said that blacks cannot be racist.

I’m pretty sure no one has ever suggested Blacks can’t be prejudiced.

I’m pretty sure no one has ever suggested Blacks can’t be prejudiced.

I said racist not prejudiced. Yes it has been said so explicitly on this very board.

I said racist not prejudiced. Yes it has been said so explicitly on this very board.

Who cares? Black people can be prejudiced, can make prejudiced comments, etc. ONly white folks in this country have the power to systemically oppress, which accounts for the difference in terminology.

No one has ever stated that Black people are incapable of being people. Except racists.

Who cares? Black people can be prejudiced, can make prejudiced comments, etc. ONly white folks in this country have the power to systemically oppress, which accounts for the difference in terminology.

No one has ever stated that Black people are incapable of being people. Except racists.

You do.
You keep using the word prejudice when the word used was racist. You can't help but dodge because you well know the term racist is quite loaded now. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

You do.
You keep using the word prejudice when the word used was racist. You can't help but dodge because you well know the term racist is quite loaded now. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

I‘ve explained the difference, so I”m not clear on what I’m supposedly dodging. What I don’t care about is your need to play semantics.

-All people can be prejudiced/racist (if it makes *you* feel better to apply “racist” to Black people being prejudiced, go with god).

-Only Black people have experienced systemic racism in this country, and only white people are powerful enough to impose it.

Those two thoughts do not stand opposed to each other.

Enrique Tarrio claims that he's not "explicitly for white supremacists" but he's left enough wiggle room showing that he's not completely against them either.

Ousted Proud Boys underling attempts white supremacist coup (insider.com)
The Cuban-American leader of the Proud Boys has said the group isn't explicitly for white supremacists

I do know the Proud Boys have a history of gay bashing. They are in the closet homophobes for the most part.

They seem all over the place when it comes to race, unsure on that one.

Back
Top Bottom