• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

'Protests' or 'riots?' It makes a BIG difference. (Right you are, Ministry!)

Rickeroo

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
US election 2020: 'Protests' or 'riots?' It makes a BIG difference. - CNNPolitics

Trump.. has latched on to the events following the shooting of Jacob Blake in Kenosha earlier this month as a sign not of peaceful protests but of radical leftists rioting and destroying cities.

Is the Ministry referring to these "events"?

Photos show devastation in riot-torn Kenosha as Trump prepares to visit | Daily Mail Online

I've looked carefully at the pictures and don't see any destruction. Looks like signs of peaceful protest to me. Riots and devastation? Fascist, racist propaganda from Trump. What a liar.

Can you imagine the shape we'd be in without the Ministry to protect us from the evil of Trump?

US election 2020: 'Protests' or 'riots?' It makes a BIG difference. - CNNPolitics

Trump.. has latched on to the events following the shooting of Jacob Blake in Kenosha earlier this month as a sign not of peaceful protests but of radical leftists rioting and destroying cities.

Photos show devastation in riot-torn Kenosha as Trump prepares to visit | Daily Mail Online

I've looked carefully at the pictures and don't see any destruction. Looks like signs of peaceful protest to me. Riots and devastation? Fascist, racist propaganda from Trump. What a liar.

Can you imagine the shape we'd be in without the Ministry to protect us from the evil of Trump?

These never happened before and are purely a Trump administration phenomenon. It’s kinda weird to think only he can protect you from them.

Have you ever thought that what is really pissing these people off as an administration which, instead of acknowledging and listening to their legitimate pain and grievances with some empathy, is only interested in shutting them up and threatening them?

Last edited:
These never happened before and are purely a Trump administration phenomenon. It’s kinda weird to think only he can protect you from them.

Have you ever thought that what is really pissing these people off as an administration which, instead of acknowledging and listening to their legitimate pain and grievances with some empathy, is only interested in shutting them up and threatening them?

:doh

This is not a new phenomena. :naughty

I guess people like yourself forget the rioting in Oakland, Anaheim, Ferguson, etc. under the Obama Administration.

Shooting of Oscar Grant - Wikipedia

Ferguson unrest - Wikipedia

2012 Anaheim, California police shooting and protests - Wikipedia

Those all occurred under an Administration that was "acknowledging and listening to their legitimate pain and grievances with some empathy."

The big difference seems to be that currently most Democrat "leaders" and the bulk of the MSM are encouraging these so-called "Mostly Peaceful Protests." :coffeepap:

Last edited:

I guess people like yourself forget the rioting in Oakland, Anaheim, Ferguson, etc. under the Obama Administration.

Those all occurred under an Administration that was "acknowledging and listening to their legitimate pain and grievances with some empathy."

The big difference seems to be that currently most Democrat "leaders" and the bulk of the MSM are encouraging these so-called "Mostly Peaceful Protests." :coffeepap:

Sure. These problems have obviously been around a long time. But can we agree that the Trump administration’s approach of dismissing the problem, threatening to shut them up, and further insulting them, rather than acknowledging their pain and listening to them, has only made the problem far worse?

If something is not working, do you just double down thinking that will make it better?

Wait, don’t answer that. We already know.

Last edited:
Sure. These problems have obviously been around a long time. But can we agree that the Trump administration’s approach of dismissing the problem, threatening to shut them up, and further insulting them, rather than acknowledging their pain and listening to them, has only made the problem far worse?

If something is not working, do you just double down thinking that will make it better?

Wait, don’t answer that. We already know.

NO, because that is your take on what the current Administration is doing or not doing, without any consideration of both the facts and the limits on what he can do.

You seem to forget, or simply ignore, that the vast bulk of these incidents, and their attendant rioting, are occurring in cities that DEMOCRATS have controlled for DECADES.

Yet you are trying to blame a President, who literally has no power or authority to act within the various States unless/until it can be rightly classified as a national emergency? That is the height of hypocrisy.

Lay the blame where it truly belongs; at the feet of those Democrat Mayors and Governors who are truly responsible...but who have decades of expertise at blame-shifting.

Last edited:
NO, because that is your take on what the current Administration is doing.

The problem is, you seem to forget, or simply ignore, that the vast bulk of these incidents, and their attendant rioting, are occurring in cities that DEMOCRATS have controlled for DECADES.

So trying to blame a President, who literally has no power or authority to act within the various States unless/until it can be rightly classified as a national emergency? That is the height of hypocrisy.

Lay the blame where it truly belongs; at the feet of those Democrat Mayor's and Governors who are truly responsible...but experts at blame-shifting.

Yet in these Democrat cities, these problems were effectively dealt with by Democrat mayors in the past. That variable is unchanged.

What do you expect Trump to do differently next year that he hasn't already done this year to quell the riots?

Yet in these Democrat cities, these problems were effectively dealt with by Democrat mayors in the past. That variable is unchanged.

No they were not. Or did you miss the short (I could have added others) list of incidents under the Obama Administration?

The Ferguson and Baltimore riots went on for quite a while, despite Obama's calls for peace. BLM grew out of them.

The problems in all these major and minor Democrat strongholds have been around and growing for decades. If they HAD been truly handling them, these riots would not be occurring now. Especially not in those Democrat controlled cites.

What do you expect Trump to do differently next year that he hasn't already done this year to quell the riots?

I don't expect him to do a damn thing about the riots, except to continue to protect Federal property and offer such aid (military/police/etc.) as the STATES and CITIES are willing to accept.

In case you have not been following current events, he has offered help and been refused. Since States are still generally sovereign within their own borders, what else do YOU expect him to do?

He could try to declare a state of emergency, but then your side would simply label it "Fascist."

Last edited:

Hell, can you imagine the shape we’d be in if every racist who spends all their time whining about “the ministry” and other delusions just ****ed off to Russia and never, ever came back?

No they were not. Or did you miss the short (I could have added others) list of incidents under the Obama Administration?

The Ferguson and Baltimore riots went on for quite a while, despite Obama's calls for peace. BLM grew out of them.

The problems in al these major and minor Democrat strongholds have been around and growing for decades. If that HAD be truly handling them, these riots would not be occurring now. Especially not in those Democrat controlled cites. "

They ended and did not go on for months under the Obama administration, so yes they were handled in Democrat cities.

To "quell the riots" would involve understanding why the people are angry and acknowledging they have a point. I don't expect Trump to do anything of the sort. I expect Trump and his supporters to continue doing the same thing that has allowed this to drag on for 3 months: act like the riots are the real problem, and act like the rioters have no legitimate message that needs to be heard. Head in sand, fingers in ears, la la la crime and violence vote for Trump!!!11!

I think he might be surprised at what a few words of empathy and acknowledgement of their pain would do, rather than insults, trivializing their plight, or threats of shutting them up.

It really pisses you off when you are hurt and crying, and someone’s only response is to tell you you don’t have a problem so you should just shut up or he’ll wallop you.

I think he might be surprised at what a few words of empathy and acknowledgement of their pain would do, rather than insults, trivializing their plight, or threats of shutting them up.

It really pisses you off when you are hurt and crying, and someone’s only response is to tell you you don’t have a problem so you should just shut up or he’ll wallop you.

I agree. And the only thing sadder than the fact that we currently have probably the only president since the 70's who is not capable of empathizing with or acknowledging the pain of the the Black Lives Matter protesters, is that so many people think that reelecting him will somehow make all the bad things that happened during his administration magically go away.

Back
Top Bottom