• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Protesters take to streets after Trump rally in California

Re: Donald Trump CA protest

Disgusting display of immaturity and disregard for free speech. Free speech does not equal acts of violence. Stupid cowards.
I do so not like Trump, but idiots like this make me want to vote for him to spite these people.
Protesters take to streets after Trump rally in California - CNNPolitics.com

Every time such "protests" occur they only serve to demonstrate who the true enemies of freedom are.

"Liberation not deportation" was one of the signs according to the article. How about trying to adhere to the ideals of the country you are trying to immigrate to and allow rather than abuse freedom of expression? Follow the laws of the country you are trying to immigrate to and do so legally? How about carrying AMERICAN flags to show you are vested in THIS country and not simply trying to transplant your culture to our nation?

Why is it that the people who claim Trump's followers are violent and/or racists, gleefully pointing out the one or two incident's of individual stupidity like the sucker punch at one rally, ignore or support these examples of mass violence as "righteous protests."

Hypocritical much? :coffeepap:

Why is it that the people who claim Trump's followers are violent and/or racists, gleefully pointing out the one or two incident's of individual stupidity like the sucker punch at one rally, ignore or support these examples of mass violence as "righteous protests."

Who called violent mass protests "righteous protests?"

Strawman much? :coffeepap:

It's couched in the belief that if one accuses another of racism, bigotry and hatred, one is doing so out of a sense of righteousness. That was prominently on display by the protestors, and calling that protesting out of a sense of righteousness is not a strawman at all. Exactly how many protests do you think arise out of something other than a sense of righteousness, no matter how distorted it might be?

It's couched in the belief that if one accuses another of racism, bigotry and hatred, one is doing so out of a sense of righteousness. That was prominently on display by the protestors, and calling that protesting out of a sense of righteousness is not a strawman at all. Exactly how many protests do you think arise out of something other than a sense of righteousness, no matter how distorted it might be?

Ohio Citizen Action is currently hiring individuals to lead local grassroots campaigns to protect the health, economy, environment and livelihood of Ohio communities. Ideal candidates possess strong communication skills and a genuine commitment to the environment, progressive politics and the empowerment of our fellow OH residents.
COMMUNITY ORGANIZING
Community organizing is the backbone of OCA, and each year it allows us the opportunity to continue building the strength in numbers that has won so many of our campaigns. We are looking to add highly motivated individuals with good communication skills to our already effective and professional campaign staff. Also, if you are truly looking for non-profit grassroots organizing experience, we do it all year, and not just when it gets nice out in the spring and summer!
FUN JOBS!! FULL TIME HOURS!
2-10:30 pm, Monday through Friday.
*Part time available - 3 days per week - you pick the days!
PAY
$80/day; weekly bonuses at 20 days
*internships & course credit available
BENEFITS
Health insurance, paid vacations and personal days to employees that show longevity and proficiency with the organization.
Travel opportunities within our nationwide network of non-profits for environmental and social justice causes.

**Change The World and GET PAID** $80/day

Who said the Democrat Party isn't known for job creation with opportunities for advancement.

Would that be similar to the sense of righteousness inherent to individuals that attack and criticize the protesters because they are allegedly infringing on free speech?

Why is it that I am going to work every day when I could be traveling the country?

The opportunities are out there, all you have to do is sign up and show an eagerness to display how you feel ... experience & sincerity are optional ... glad I could help.

Would that be similar to the sense of righteousness inherent to individuals that attack and criticize the protesters because they are allegedly infringing on free speech?

Why yes, yes it would. Even ISIS does their crap out of a sense of righteousness. If all reason, objectivity and morality are thrown out the window, anything can be described as righteous.

Yeah, because criticizing people on the internet and taking to the streets in order to block traffic, fighting police officers, damaging property, and engaging in violent mob attacks on Trump supporters is essentially the same thing.

These "protesters" need to be put down like the rabid, useless, unemployed dogs that they are, and by "put down" I mean they need to be shot dead when they start rising up like this.

There is no place in civil society for scum like this.

And yes, if it were a group of conservatives rising up in the same way I would call for the same thing on them, but for some reason we NEVER see that so it's kind of a moot point.

At least offer a quote so everyone knows whom you are referring to.
Yes, I strongly criticize these violent people, because causing mayhem and destruction of public property is no protest, nor is it exercising the right to free speech.

Why is it that I am going to work every day when I could be traveling the country?

I'd need way more than $80 to spend a day around those nimrods.

For people who don't have a job, this is a lot of money. Some may even believe the message.

Well, the women are stupid, gullible, and easy, and there's sure to be plenty of dope.

Might not be the worst way to a sick burn day.

These "protesters" need to be put down like the rabid, useless, unemployed dogs that they are, and by "put down" I mean they need to be shot dead when they start rising up like this.

There is no place in civil society for scum like me.

Went ahead and fixed that one for you.

Disgusting display of immaturity and disregard for free speech. Free speech does not equal acts of violence. Stupid cowards.
I do so not like Trump, but idiots like this make me want to vote for him to spite these people.

Nothing will make me want to vote for the conman and fraud, but violent protests are not the way to go. It's like fighting terrorists - we can't descend to the level of our enemies and expect to win.

Nothing will make me want to vote for the conman and fraud, but violent protests are not the way to go. It's like fighting terrorists - we can't descend to the level of our enemies and expect to win.

You're comparing apples to oranges.

Went ahead and fixed that one for you.

Went ahead and reported that for you.

Debate Politics Forums - Forum Rules

1. Freedom of Speech - "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."

At Debate Politics we see freedom of speech as the right to communicate ideas. With this right comes the responsibility to choose your words carefully and respect the rights of others. Common sense dictates the difference between one expressing themselves and one who is disruptive. If you are focused on contributing to the community, you will not have to be concerned with being a disruption. Disruptive behavior, such as personal attacks, can lead to temporary or permanent revocation of posting privileges.

Odd. Seems like this is a pretty common behavior among leftist activist groups, the litter, property destruction, violence, police engagements and arrests.
Haven't heard so much of that when other groups are protesting.

the real truth beyond the so called tolerance and open minded movement.

I understand why they don't like the guy, and why so many feel the need to protest his platform. But this is not the way to go. If you have to, line up a walk of shame, from the front door of the venue until you run out of people, peacefully holding up signs, making attendees walk right by you on their way in.
What they do, and their insincerity, the immaturity, the farce of it all, it just shows their ignorance of the gravity of a potential Trump presidency. As a matter of fact, it makes a mockery of our 1 amendment.

Went ahead and reported that for you.

Is it really a personal attack when you set yourself up for it so easily? I mean it's more akin to punching yourself in the face and me sitting on the sideline going, "Why are you punching yourself in the face?"

They're both fruit.

And descending to the level of your enemies, physical or political, is not the way to win.

You're comparing combat to political dissent. Two different things.

Back
Top Bottom