• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Protesters march against migrant caravan in Tijuana; Police respond with riot gear

trixare4kids

Trix has reentered the building.
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Protesters march against migrant caravan in Tijuana; Police respond with riot gear

TIJUANA, Mexco — Hundreds of Tijuana residents, opposed to what they described as the "chaos" of the Central American migrant caravan, gathered at a prominent roundabout in Tijuana Sunday morning, before marching to a large, makeshift shelter, which now holds about 2,400 migrants.
They chanted “Mexico! Mexico!” and “yes to migrants, no to invaders!” They sang the national anthem and waved Mexican flags, while waving banners and signs with messages urging the migrants to go home and urging the government to take action.

Some protesters said Mexico doesn’t have the resources to care for its own people, let alone migrants from Central America. They pointed to communities affected by recent weather events in Nayarit and the homicide rate in Tijuana, which is the worst on record.
Some said the Mexican government should follow President Donald Trump in enacting stricter border policies. They said the government should secure the southern border with Guatemala and require all immigrants to enter legally.

The people of Mexico know what's going on... They most certainly do have a right to their own sovereignty and they have every right to protest against the way the migrants busted into their county illegally when crossing over from Guatemala. The Mexican people are no more racist or xenophobic than the people of the U.S. for wanting migrants to enter legally. Even the people of MX. call this an invasion.

The truth is now known - Mexicans are white supremacist racists against Latinos. Intelligent Mexicans know that diversity leading to Mexicans being a minority in Mexico will be wonderful for Mexico.

The people of Mexico know what's going on... They most certainly do have a right to their own sovereignty and they have every right to protest against the way the migrants busted into their county illegally when crossing over from Guatemala. The Mexican people are no more racist or xenophobic than the people of the U.S. for wanting migrants to enter legally. Even the people of MX. call this an invasion.

They want open borders, too! Ours!

They want open borders, too! Ours!

Some do, no doubt.

The MX. nationalists seem to empathize with those of us who care about our country's sovereignty.
They too call the caravans an invasion.

I read today that 10,000 more may be on their way.
When MX. runs out of food and shelter, then what? Winter is coming...
MX.has already granted asylum to almost 3,000.

Our country can only process about 100 Asylum applications per day.
Looks like some will decide to go back home, stay in MX. and try to get work, save money to hire coyotes to get them over our borders.

What a mess!

Some do, no doubt.

The MX. nationalists seem to empathize with those of us who care about our country's sovereignty.
They too call the caravans an invasion.

I read today that 10,000 more may be on their way.
When MX. runs out of food and shelter, then what? Winter is coming...
MX.has already granted asylum to almost 3,000.

Our country can only process about 100 Asylum applications per day.
Looks like some will decide to go back home, stay in MX. and try to get work, save money to hire coyotes to get them over our borders.

What a mess!

Must be that rigorous fully in-depth background check and interrogation vetting system President Obama used to brag about that is slowing things down.

Must be that rigorous fully in-depth background check and interrogation vetting system President Obama used to brag about that is slowing things down.

Most American-Mexicans, (note I did not say Mexican-Americans) who came here by waiting their turn in line, don't want illegals in our country either.
It's an insult to them, like it is to other Americans-Ethnos who have patiently waited their turn, to see those trying to take advantage of loopholes in our Immigration law.

90% of those who will apply for asylum aren't going to be granted asylum. I really fault those who exploited these people for their own political agendas.
My heart aches for those who were under the impression that asylum was going to be a snap. I honestly believe that most were misled. And IMO, those encouraged Hondurans and other C. Americans for making their long journeys, are complicit for whatever happens to most of these people who figured they could cry asylum, when in reality, MOST, the majority, aren't even qualified.

Last edited:
Most American-Mexicans, (note I did not say Mexican-Americans) who came here by waiting their turn in line, don't want illegals in our country either.
It's an insult to them, like it is to other Americans-Ethnos who have patiently waited their turn, to see those trying to take advantage of loopholes in our Immigration law.

90& of those who will apply for asylum aren't going to be granted asylum. I really fault those who exploited these people for their own political agendas.
My heart aches for those who were under the impression that asylum was going to be a snap. I honestly believe that most were misled. And IMO, those encouraged Hondurans and other C. Americans for making their long journeys, are complicit for whatever happens to most of these people who figured they could cry asylum, when in reality, MOST, the majority, aren't even qualified.

We had a lot of amnestied Mexicans in our shops and they didn’t want the competition.

Just goes to show that some Mexicans too can taken in by simplistic arguments about the migrants. That xenophobia is not confined to one country. It’s the “dont trouble us with facts or history” syndrome, part of Trump’s winning style.

Just goes to show that some Mexicans too can taken in by simplistic arguments about the migrants. That xenophobia is not confined to one country. It’s the “dont trouble us with facts or history” syndrome, part of Trump’s winning style.

Are you a “one worlder?” You know, we ate all Gods creatures and we share eaually? Or are you a pragmatist and prefer to spend it on your own family?

90% of those who will apply for asylum aren't going to be granted asylum. I really fault those who exploited these people for their own political agendas.

Those who enabled this mass march should be ashamed that they filled the heads of so many people with misguided notions that they could just walk into America, claim asylum and then scatter to the 4 corners.

Makes me sad that you think it is the people of Tijuana, one of the most corrupt, crime ridden cities in MX., who are being simplistic.
I lived for 10 years in the border city of Imperial Beach. You don't know what you are talking about.

Things are not always about race, hate, xenophobia. It's about a lack of resources for a city who is already burdened by crime, cartels, corruption, poverty and lack of opportunity,

Are you a “one worlder?” You know, we ate all Gods creatures and we share eaually? Or are you a pragmatist and prefer to spend it on your own family?

No, I believe in law and order. US law and treaty law require that a- the migrants have access to an asylum procedure, and b-that the US is prohibited from returning refugees to danger. If Mexico agreed to the relevant treaties, then they are obligated as well. No conflict between tending to that obligation, to our national sovereignty, and to my family. In fact, how would I explain my indifference to these things to them?

Makes me sad that you think it is the people of Tijuana, one of the most corrupt, crime ridden cities in MX., who are being simplistic.
I lived for 10 years in the border city of Imperial Beach. You don't know what you are talking about.

Things are not always about race, hate, xenophobia. It's about a lack of resources for a city who is already burdened by crime, cartels, corruption, poverty and lack of opportunity,

The government of Tijuana is crying out for assistance from the Mexico government to deal with the influx of South Americans pouring into their city and no one calls him a racist. But if a U.S. citizen decries the same thing over the burden of the influx of illegals they are called racists in the U.S.. My what a friggen double standard.

2 years later and you still are blaming President Obama. trump promised to fix things and there is still NO WALL. Where's the frigging wall???

Those who enabled this mass march should be ashamed that they filled the heads of so many people with misguided notions that they could just walk into America, claim asylum and then scatter to the 4 corners.

I read that Steve Bannon organised the caravan. He thought the republicans would win the mid-terms if voters were scared into thinking the caravan was full of murderers, rapists and terrorists.

And guess what - it kinda worked. trump spread the lies about the caravan during the campaign and many far right republicans joined in.

Yep - this caravan has Bannon's dirty paw prints all over it.

I read that Steve Bannon organised the caravan. He thought the republicans would win the mid-terms if voters were scared into thinking the caravan was full of murderers, rapists and terrorists.

And guess what - it kinda worked. trump spread the lies about the caravan during the campaign and many far right republicans joined in.

I would love to see proof of this. Where did you read this?

Trump, the racist, made them do it.

Wasn't the rumor also that Soros organized it, just to tempt Trump and his posse to fumble it up right before the elections?

I hate to say it but...this is not surprising at all.

How many times have people said, in various ways, that this caravan thing was gonna be ugly? That the laws of the USA do not simply allow people to wonder in, especially since they've all been offered asylum in Mexico already. That fulfills the almighty "asylum requirements" the left keeps howling about.

Now there's a gawd-damn mess at the borders, and its gonna get worse. Gee...wasn't it "humane" of the left to encourage these fine, upstanding people to come through Mexico and enter the USA as "welcome"?

Good work Democrats. Now if you can just get rid of that "KKK" … I mean "ICE" as well eh? :roll:

2 years later and you still are blaming President Obama. trump promised to fix things and there is still NO WALL. Where's the frigging wall???
You think trump is holding up the construction of the wall?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Wouldn't happen to have a citation for that Bannon story would you?

Last edited:

Looks like you haven't troubled anyone with facts either.

Back
Top Bottom