• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Protesters attack Rand Paul and wife.

dobieg

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
An angry mob of protesters attacked Rand Paul and his wife as they were trying to leave the RNC convention last night. There were threats of violence and death and a police office was almost knocked on the ground as they tried to get to Paul and his wife with demands that he say Breonna Taylor's name. In an ironic twist, it is Rand Paul who pushed legislation to eliminate no-knock warrants after Taylor's death.

Can't find any info of this attack on CNN.

More info -

U.S. Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., said he was attacked by a "crazed mob" of more than 100 people after leaving the White House following President Trump's acceptance speech at the Republican Convention.

"Just got attacked by an angry mob of over 100, one block away from the White House, he wrote on Twitter early Friday. "Thank you to @DCPoliceDept for literally saving our lives from a crazed mob."

Sen. Rand Paul thanks DC cops for saving him from '''crazed mob''' after RNC | Fox News

An angry mob of protesters attacked Rand Paul and his wife as they were trying to leave the RNC convention last night. There were threats of violence and death and a police office was almost knocked on the ground as they tried to get to Paul and his wife with demands that he say Breonna Taylor's name. In an ironic twist, it is Rand Paul who pushed legislation to eliminate no-knock warrants after Taylor's death.

This kinda of thing threatens our very existence. If mobs can have the upper hand block from the White House, it opens the door for true mob rule.
You better your assx we need law and order. These people, need the fire hoses and pepper sprayed into submission, and actual life consequences, like fines and jail time. We need to send a very loud message that our representatives cannot be intimidated and bullied, or worse.

No one ever said that those protesters had any class.

So I'm not surprised by the crude behavior of those ruffians.

I'm waiting for the Democrats to condemn this mob behavior.

(But I'm not holding my breath.)

Re: Angry Mob Attacks Rand Paul

Maybe it was just his neighbor:)

Lefties with integrity should condemn this kind of threatening behavior from their side. I don't care whether or not conservatives hold their angry crazies accountable. It's not acceptable to operate at their level.

Trying to be cute and funny? There is no justification for this kind of action in our country as the left continues to support the breakdown of the rule of law. What purpose do angry mobs serve other than send the message to good Americans that liberalism has to be rejected. The ideology of so called compassion is being run by radicals who want chaos, gloom and doom, destruction, riots, looting getting a big boost by people like you who cannot even condemn it

Very glad to hear Paul and his family were not hurt. Things could have turned out far worse but for those policemen.

Three months ago, this would have been the #1 overnight story in America. Now it's just one more random hostile attack by an angry mob directed at some poor slob who was in the wrong place, wrong time.

How sweet of the mob to surround the senator and his wife .
I'll bet they would have offered them both a nice cocktail or bottle of ice as has become their customary greeting if the police had not interfered .
Rand.jpg

Rand Paul?

I give 90% odds it was a publicity stunt.

Trying to be cute and funny? There is no justification for this kind of action in our country as the left continues to support the breakdown of the rule of law. What purpose do angry mobs serve other than send the message to good Americans that liberalism has to be rejected. The ideology of so called compassion is being run by radicals who want chaos, gloom and doom, destruction, riots, looting getting a big boost by people like you who cannot even condemn it

Rand Paul has not had it easy as a politician. I think he recently had Covid and before that, was attacked by a neighbor who got off really light after breaking Rand's ribs, seriously hurting him. Of course, Rand is a staunch libertarian and easily recognizable, and it seems he never backs down from a fight. I think he's even tougher than his dad. These mobs are really despicable. I like Rand Paul - always have - but I don't agree with him on a lot of issues, but that's okay. I still think he's a stand up guy, and I hope this horrible assault - police were literally shoved by the mob to get at him - gets ongoing world wide attention. I know it's headline news with Reuters, which means everybody's paying attention at the moment. Thanks!!

"Attacked"? What, did they call him bad names? My heart bleeds.

WHAT?? This mob was pushing and shoving police officers trying to get at him. What do you think would have happened to him if the police hadn't been there?? You SHOULD have sympathy. It's not a joke. We have mobs roaming the streets here, trying to intimidate the public, kill police officers and politicians not to mention others. And there's no reason for it. These are well-fed, well-dressed s***bums, not some starving group ala the French Revolution. What's happening is truly alarming. And let me emphasize, it doesn't matter to these mobs who they attack as long as they think they can. It's going to cross the political divide, as it already has. The ultra-liberal mayor of Seattle got a taste of it, and the businesses that are being burned have no political affiliation, and are actually in the backyards of some of these miscreants. Thanks!!

WHAT?? This mob was pushing and shoving police officers trying to get at him. What do you think would have happened to him if the police hadn't been there?? You SHOULD have sympathy. It's not a joke. We have mobs roaming the streets here, trying to intimidate the public, kill police officers and politicians not to mention others. And there's no reason for it. These are well-fed, well-dressed s***bums, not some starving group ala the French Revolution. What's happening is truly alarming. And let me emphasize, it doesn't matter to these mobs who they attack as long as they think they can. It's going to cross the political divide, as it already has. The ultra-liberal mayor of Seattle got a taste of it, and the businesses that are being burned have no political affiliation, and are actually in the backyards of some of these miscreants. Thanks!!

Please link the video

Do you think they cared that Paul sponsored legislation to ban no-knock warrants?

We're talking about mobs that tear down statues of abolitionists and beat up reporters. Mindless anger.

No you won't find it on CNN. It does not fit into their bias propaganda.

I'm waiting for the Democrats to condemn this mob behavior.

(But I'm not holding my breath.)

You best not hold your breath. They support these criminals masquerading as protesters.

Rand Paul?

I give 90% odds it was a publicity stunt.

I give 95% odds that you are a foolish fellow who thinks that Mr Paul paid or persuaded a hundred people to pretend to be rioters for 'the publicity' .

I'm all for people's right to peacefully protest, but that last bit of pushing and shoving was not good by a long shot.

Back
Top Bottom