• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Protester sports t-shirt with Zimmerman in crosshairs

And when Zimmerman ends up dead the media will blame Sarah Palin.

The exact definition of racism is controversial both because there is little scholarly agreement about the meaning of the concept "race",

Taken from wikipedia.

Let's see, your weak argument or wikipedia.......hmmm.............hmmm...............wikipedia it is!!

But I know, in the face of fact, liberals simply know more because they "feel" it right??

and they go on and describe the different concepts and none of them state you need to be in a position of power to be racist

would Webster satisfy you better

Definition of RACISM
a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

nope that wont work for you either because their definition means blacks can be racist

Not necessarily racist, but certainly more likely to be racist than "cracker" which is racist 0.01% of the time.
how is that when blacks are more racist then whites even blacks say so

And when Zimmerman ends up dead the media will blame Sarah Palin.

of coarse they would because Palin invented cross hairs

Not necessarily racist, but certainly more likely to be racist than "cracker" which is racist 0.01% of the time.

Cracker is a derogatory term directed at white people on the basis of race. Therefore it is racist.

Cracker is a derogatory term directed at white people on the basis of race. Therefore it is racist.
Cracker is a derogatory term. It is also a racial term. It is not, however, a racist term. :)

of coarse you don't, you don't think any derogatory word used to describe Caucasian people is racist
Most of the time, they are not.

I bet you dont think any derogatory name other then the N word is racist
No, racially derogatory terms used towards Asians, Native Americans, Hispanics and other non-whites are racist most of the time as well.

how am i allowed to list all those racist names but cant write out the N word?
You can do whatever you want. Nobody's stopping you.

Cracker is a derogatory term. It is also a racial term. It is not, however, a racist term. :)

An exceptionally fine distinction, akin to splitting hairs.... and indicative of a certain bias.

Most of the time, they are not.

No, racially derogatory terms used towards Asians, Native Americans, Hispanics and other non-whites are racist most of the time as well.

You can do whatever you want. Nobody's stopping you.

of coarse you don't. you think any one can be racist other then whites even after every one and source posted says your wrong

then explain how is it that even blacks say blacks are more racist then whites

so would like to ask what color is the sky in your make believe world you live in

An exceptionally fine distinction, akin to splitting hairs.... and indicative of a certain bias.
It's only indicative of bias to uninformed people. I've long come to peace with the fact that many of my opinions aren't going to sit well with uninformed people. /shrug

original.jpg

The real Trayvon Martin

I was with you to here. The words nigger, and cracker are both racially charged, bigoted slurs. And either word could be used by a racist. But words themselves are not racist.

I was with you to here. The words nigger, and cracker are both racially charged, bigoted slurs. And either word could be used by a racist. But words themselves are not racist.
Well, they're both derogatory and racial. However, black people tend not to be racist towards white people. The history of racism being passed down just isn't there for blacks nor is the sense of racial superiority. Therefore, "cracker" has a very low likelihood of being used by racists particularly when compared to "nigger".

Floridian farmers are a race?
"Crackers” derive their name from the rugged 19th century pioneers who developed the wild territory now known as Florida. Cattle roamed freely in the Florida woodlands and had to be rounded up before being sold and shipped up north or to Cuba. Lariats, or lassos, didn’t work in the thick underbrush—instead, cow hunters used whips to round them up. The whips were not used to strike the cattle, but were actually popped or “cracked," resulting in a sound similar to a rifle shot. These cracking whips would get the cattle moving and could be heard over very long distances. When early settlers heard the sound they would say, “Here come the Crackers.” The name has stuck and the term “Florida Cracker” is still used today to describe native born Floridians. "

What is a Florida Cracker?

Back
Top Bottom