• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Protest corruption? Go to jail! Right here in the good ol'e U.S. of A.!

middleagedgamer

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Protest judicial corruption, go to jail

You don't even have to make any direct accusations against any judge in particular! All you have to do is "call into question" the judiciary's integrity, and you're off to jail!

But hey, that's just one Florida judge! Hardly representative of the nation as a whole! Surely this is just some isolated incid-

... well, shucks!

So somebody please tell me ... why the hell isn't anyone DOING SOMETHING about this bullcrap?!

Protest judicial corruption, go to jail

You don't even have to make any direct accusations against any judge in particular! All you have to do is "call into question" the judiciary's integrity, and you're off to jail!

But hey, that's just one Florida judge! Hardly representative of the nation as a whole! Surely this is just some isolated incid-

... well, shucks!

So somebody please tell me ... why the hell isn't anyone DOING SOMETHING about this bullcrap?!

I doubt that would survive the USSC.

I doubt that would survive the USSC.

What would? The arrests? Or citizens' attempts to do something about it?

If you mean the former, then what evidence do you have to support that? The Supreme Court could easily just deny the petition for writ of certeriori and their hands appear clean without any further evidence that they're in on it.

What would? The arrests? Or citizens' attempts to do something about it?

If you mean the former, then what evidence do you have to support that? The Supreme Court could easily just deny the petition for writ of certeriori and their hands appear clean without any further evidence that they're in on it.

"All you have to do is "call into question" the judiciary's integrity, and you're off to jail!" This is the statement that I referred to.

"All you have to do is "call into question" the judiciary's integrity, and you're off to jail!" This is the statement that I referred to.

So where's your evidence that a challenge to this statute would even be heard by the USSC, let alone overtuned on said hearing?

So where's your evidence that a challenge to this statute would even be heard by the USSC, let alone overtuned on said hearing?

What makes you believe otherwise? I am rather surprised you would think it Constitutional.

But as I formulated it, i didn't say the USSC would hear it. I said that it would not be sustainable by the court.

What makes you believe otherwise? I am rather surprised you would think it Constitutional.
I don't think it's constitutional. I think the USSC will deny the certerari simply so they don't have to strike it as unconstitutional. Because they know, if they have to provide a published opinion, complete with explanation, there would be no way they could rationalize this law. Thus, they'll deny the certerari so they can keep the law on the books.

But as I formulated it, i didn't say the USSC would hear it. I said that it would not be sustainable by the court.
They have to agree to hear a case first before they can declare it unconstitutional.

Back
Top Bottom