• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Prostitution?

Is this Prostitution?

• Total voters

cpwill

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
I'm gonna say yup, this is. Plenty of higher-class prostitutes all over the world also "develop a relationship" with their John. Here in Asia, it's a standard. Going to dinner first doesn't mean you aren't selling sex.

Financial Sex Aid: Florida Co-Eds Seek “Sugar Daddy” for College Degree

...another pretty, young Miami college girl, who does not want to be identified, is more direct, asking specifically for 10 to 20-thousand dollars monthly. The 22-year old claims to be looking for someone who will never say ”NO” to her needs.“The lesson here… ask and you shall receive,” she told Estevez.
“What have they given you?” asked Estevez.
“They have given me cars, trips, jewelry. These guys will take you out and they will court you,” she responded.
Jorge asked “What do these guys do for you?”
“They support you financially… financially,” she replied.
Support is proving to be crucial for a 20-year old sugar baby, who is in college at Florida International University.
“Have they paid your tuition?” asked Estevez.
“Yes Jorge.”
“Books?” he asked.
“Books. Everything,” she responded. “When I say everything… I mean everything.”
In fact, her profile asks for someone to “help a young’in out”. And she is not alone. Numbers compiled by the “seeking arrangement” website showed that in the past six months, FIU ranked 20th in a list of the top universities with “sugar baby” sign ups.
Florida ranked third in the U.S. behind New York and California with 67,815 total users, of all ages. There are just over 1,000,000 and growing .
Our FIU student argued that it’s a way to survive the times.
“I don’t get support from my parents. As soon as I turned 18, they told me I am on my own. I have to figure everything out on my own Jorge.”
“And you discovered this? And you thought…?” asked Estevez.

“My dreams came true Jorge“Your dreams came true,” he repeated.
Then his interview added, “But with every give… there is a take.”
“They give you trips. They pay for school. They give you presents. What do you give them?” asked Estevez.
“Sex,” said the FIU “sugar baby.”
“Just like that,” asked Jorge.
“Just like that,” she said.....

“What do you say to people who say this is a form of prostitution?” asked Estevez of our FIU student.
“That is not true,” she explained. “Prostitution is when you get paid for sex and that is just it. Sex. For this, you build a relationship with someone.”

The problem I have isn't the call girl, though I think there's usually some pretty serious pathology involved in selling your body. The problem I have is with human sex trafficking. I'm not sure there's a way to separate one from the other, and I find the other intolerable.

Yes, this is prostitution... but as far as prostitution goes, I suppose it is less morally intolerable than other forms.

worse ......................

Not the government's job to legislate morality

People do this.

They do it all the time.

They've done it in the past and they'll do it in the future.

While I don't agree with it in any way, shape or form at least this chick is honest about it.

What you think these two were gonna get married because of Hephners good looks?

Hugh-Hefner-Engaged-500x375.jpg

I'm gonna say yup, this is. Plenty of higher-class prostitutes all over the world also "develop a relationship" with their John. Here in Asia, it's a standard. Going to dinner first doesn't mean you aren't selling sex.

So what if it is? The government still shouldn't criminalize it.

The problem I have isn't the call girl, though I think there's usually some pretty serious pathology involved in selling your body. The problem I have is with human sex trafficking. I'm not sure there's a way to separate one from the other, and I find the other intolerable.

Sex trafficking is a form of slavery where threats, coercion, deceit is used against the victim to have sex and money or something else of value is exchanged by any person for that sex act. Prostitution is a volitional exchange of sex for anything of value. Generally, that is how I differentiate between the two.

This woman is kidding herself....She is a prostitute. When the money runs out she will be gone. Her "relationship" is based upon a healthy wallet and excellent credit rating.

“What do you say to people who say this is a form of prostitution?” asked Estevez of our FIU student.
“That is not true,” she explained. “Prostitution is when you get paid for sex and that is just it. Sex. For this, you build a relationship with someone.”

It absolutely is prostitution, it absolutely should be legal, and the woman absolutely should not feel bad. Know who should? These pathetic men who give women all sorts of stuff for little to no reason.

I support her right to drain every cent she can from these idiots, just as I would any woman. She enters a bilateral contract with a random gentleman, and it's not my business, nor is it my right to judge.

You go, girl.

So what if it is? The government still shouldn't criminalize it.

.... I'm confused how everyone immediately responded with this.

nowhere in the OP did I ask about criminalization.

Yes, prostitution. No, I don't have a problem with it though.

I was appalled that I posted this story on my FB and got absolutely no response. I have a deserve group of friends, and not even the girls were offended? What ever happened to dignity and self respect? Then again, I know a few girls that would be your whatever if you have the money. I've had my share.

The fact that such relationships are hardly new and pretty common all over the world, suggests to me that merging money and sex isn't uncommon. What else is a marriage? It's two people agreeing to pool their money and only have sex with each other. Whether this lasts for two hours or a lifetime, that's what it is. These sugar baby relationships are exactly the same thing. Prostitution is exactly the same thing. Two people sharing money and sex. It's just a question of how long you do it for. Must the two partners be in similar financial states for a relationship to be "okay"? Of course not. That would be absurd. Is Cinderella a whore for marrying Prince Charming? She's poor and he's rich. But they're going to mingle their money and have lots of sex. And before women could own property and control their own finances, every single marriage could be viewed as a kind of prostitution. She had to enter into a sexual relationship in order to have any financial security.

Money and sex have never, ever, been separate issues. Men show off their success and wealth all the time to attract women. Seriously, what's the difference between a basement dwelling loser and a successful, professional man? What's the first difference you think of. The latter has a girlfriend, right? They might both be entirely content with their lives, but only one of those routes leads to sex (most of the time). Money is and always has been a factor in sex. It is incredibly naive to suggest otherwise. It's also just plain stupid to selectively suggest otherwise, so that only certain types of sex and money trading are permissible.

So, in answer to the OP, the actions of these couples is no more or less prostitution than a normal married couple, or someone hiring a call girl, or a cohabiting relationship, or the activities of a street walker. It's all the same. We give each other sex, and we give each other money, and that's all fine with me.

Not the government's job to legislate morality

I would like to agree but, having something stolen sucks. In my opinion stealing isn't very moral. The thief, if caught is punished for not having good enough "morals" not to steal. Then the thief will face some corrective sentence that is suppose to help deter these "bad" morals through a "legislated law" saying that stealing is not a moral thing to do.

Last edited:
I dunno...and don't really care. If the relationship works for both people then so be it. As far as I am concerned, there are much more sinister things than a woman willing exchanging sex/time/affection for money/time/care with a willing man...and vice versa.

I would like to agree but, having something stolen sucks. In my opinion stealing isn't very moral. The thief, if caught is punished for not having good enough "morals" not to steal. Then the thief will face some corrective sentence that is suppose to help deter these "bad" morals through a "legislated law" saying that stealing is not a moral thing to do.

Meh. Theft is about attacking the rights of another. You have a right to earn and spend money on material items. Somebody attacks your right to ownership when they steal from you. It doesn't need a "moral" defense to be illegal; it's all about harm. Does theft cause harm? Yes? It's illegal. Boom, done.

Back
Top Bottom