• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Proselytizing Christian Meets Maker

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Tribesmen 1 Christians 0

"According to the fishermen, they used a wooden boat fitted with motors to travel to the island on November 15," Pathak said.

"The boat stopped 500-700 meters (1,640 - 2,300 ft) away from the island and (the American missionary) used a canoe to reach the shore of the island. He came back later that day with arrow injuries. On the 16th, the (tribespeople) broke his canoe.

"So he came back to the boat swimming. He did not come back on the 17th; the fishermen later saw the tribespeople dragging his body around."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/21/asia/andaman-nicobar-us-missionary-killed-intl/index.html
I guess he couldn't take a hint.

Just how nutty do you have to be to keep beating your head against a wall for your imaginary god?

Tribesmen 1 Christians 0

Just how nutty do you have to be to keep beating your head against a wall for your imaginary god?

Sad news.

Not sure how to answer your question, but I have one in return:

How ****ed in the head do you have to be to find humor and an opportunity to be smug in someone dying for what they believe in, regardless of what you believe in?

Sad news.

Not sure how to answer your question, but I have one in return:

How ****ed in the head do you have to be to find humor and an opportunity to be smug in someone dying for what they believe in, regardless of what you believe in?

Had he been killed on his first trip to the island, I would have been 100% empathetic.

Had he been killed on his second trip, returning even after being shot at by arrows, I may have found some room for empathy.

On the third trip....dude you are on your own. His god obviously felt the same way.

Religion aside, its illegal to make contact with this tribe. Sorry, but he got what he deserved

Three hundred years later, stupid Christians are still doing the exact same thing that caused millions of indigenous people to die. WTF did this moron hope to accomplish?

Oh yeah, win a few over for the team. I guess that didn't work out so well. :doh

Nothing good ever comes from religion.

Name one good thing that comes from Islam. Just give me one thing

Well, not that I would defend any religion, but...I doubt a Muslim would paddle out to a remote island in hopes of converting people who have no idea what the **** he would be talking about.

Tribesmen 1 Christians 0

Not more or less than the ones who engage in female genital mutilation for their imaginary good.

Had he been killed on his first trip to the island, I would have been 100% empathetic.

Had he been killed on his second trip, returning even after being shot at by arrows, I may have found some room for empathy.

On the third trip....dude you are on your own. His god obviously felt the same way.

Yeah...I don't cheer for death by stupidity any more than I cheer for death for any other reason. :shrug: He thought he was doing good. He died as a result. It's sad...

Yeah...I don't cheer for death by stupidity any more than I cheer for death for any other reason. :shrug: He thought he was doing good. He died as a result. It's sad...

It's sad because he was so brainwashed that he kept at it, even after being shot by arrows and had his canoe broken. If ever there was a lesson plan for exhibiting the stupidity of fanaticism in religion, this should be on page 1.

Not more or less than the ones who engage in female genital mutilation for their imaginary good.

That's just sadism in the name of their lord. At least that one I can sort of understand. Now, if they were cutting out their own genitalia, maybe I'd raise an eyebrow. But, tying down someone else and torturing them...as old as man.

That's just sadism in the name of their lord. At least that one I can sort of understand. Now, if they were cutting out their own genitalia, maybe I'd raise an eyebrow. But, tying down someone else and torturing them...as old as man.

I hope this comment does not refer to FGM ...

I hope this comment does not refer to FGM ...

How is that any different than burning someone at a stake, slicing off a part of a baby's penis, jabbing a stick in someone's eye or anything else horrible that man does to other men?

Tribesmen 1 Christians 0

Some people aren’t quitters. We all gotta die some day, but it’s good that you can gloat on the deaths of Christians while you’re still alive.

Some people aren’t quitters. We all gotta die some day, but it’s good that you can gloat on the deaths of Christians while you’re still alive.

lol...at least he wasn't a quitter, stupid maybe. But quitter--not.

BTW: I would not be surprised to find myself gloating over the stupid things Christians have done after dying either. In fact, I'm wiling to bet on that one.

How is that any different than burning someone at a stake, slicing off a part of their penis, jabbing a stick in someone's eye or anything else horrible that man does to other men?

All that happening in 2018 AD in the so-called developed nations?!?

Nope, just FGM.

All that happening in 2018 AD in the so-called developed nations?!?

Nope, just FGM.

Sadism is gone in 2018? Really. Wow! Call the presses.

Religion aside, its illegal to make contact with this tribe. Sorry, but he got what he deserved

A death sentence for tresspassing seems a little harsh, but, yes, he was in the wrong. OTOH, most young men under 30 tend to have more balls than brains.

It's sad because he was so brainwashed that he kept at it, even after being shot by arrows and had his canoe broken. If ever there was a lesson plan for exhibiting the stupidity of fanaticism in religion, this should be on page 1.

It's stupid to you because you don't believe in it. What should be remembered was that in his belief he cared deeply enough about these complete strangers that he sought to share his truth with them. He considered it important enough to die for. He wasn't getting rich, he wasn't selling snake oil.

I dunno, man, I guess it's worth an ugly laugh...

It's stupid to you because you don't believe in it. What should be remembered was that in his belief he cared deeply enough about these complete strangers that he sought to share his truth with them. He considered it important enough to die for. He wasn't getting rich, he wasn't selling snake oil.

I dunno, man, I guess it's worth an ugly laugh...
It is snake oil. And, he was selling it. His reward may not have been cash. But, I am sure he felt he would receive it once he got to his heaven.

Odds are he is very disappointed at the moment.

lol...at least he wasn't a quitter, stupid maybe. But quitter--not.

BTW: I would not be surprised to find myself gloating over the stupid things Christians have done after dying either. In fact, I'm wiling to bet on that one.
Agreed about not quitting and being stupid.

People, especially young men under 30 (and sometimes older), often die for silly reasons. There’s even an award for it: https://darwinawards.com/ Still, nothing to gloat over. Just shake one’s head at the foolishness.

A death sentence for tresspassing seems a little harsh, but, yes, he was in the wrong. OTOH, most young men under 30 tend to have more balls than brains.

I blame whoever it was that put this stupid idea into his head.

It is snake oil. And, he was selling it. His reward may not have been cash. But, I am sure he felt he would receive it once he got to his heaven.

Odds are he is very disappointed at the moment.

Why do you think he’d be disappointed? What odds are you giving that he is?

Tribesmen 1 Christians 0

Great scuba diving out there though...

Back
Top Bottom