• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Prosecutors looking to reinstate indictment against former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort for

RAMOSS

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Well, looks like Manafort might still face more problems

Prosecutors looking to reinstate indictment against former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort for mortgage fraud - ABC News

The Manhattan District Attorney's office fought Thursday to reinstate the indictment against President Donald Trump's former campaign chairman Paul Manafort, according to court documents filed in the case.

Manafort had been charged in New York for allegedly conducting a yearlong residential mortgage fraud scheme before the case was dismissed in December due to its similarity to earlier federal charges.

The Manhattan DA's office argued, according to court filings, that the state's double jeopardy law contains an exception that would allow the case to proceed.

Trump sure is draining the Swamp, that's for sure. His swamp keep getting indicted and thrown into jail.

lol

Well, looks like Manafort might still face more problems

Like the future of the country lies in the balance of whether Manafort does hard time at Rikers Island. Silly liberals really love using the police power to attack their political opponents.

Like the future of the country lies in the balance of whether Manafort does hard time at Rikers Island. Silly liberals really love using the police power to attack their political opponents.

It's almost as silly as those silly right-wingers who pretend to be for Law & Order until the Law is pointed at their side.

lol

When our "political opponents" engage in many obvious and major criminal acts, that seems reasonable. Do you believe that if they're allies of Trump that criminals should be immune from prosecution and serving the appropriate punishment if convicted of those crimes? Are allies of Trump entitled to pardons, because they're allies of Trump?

When our "political opponents" engage in many obvious and major criminal acts, that seems reasonable. Do you believe that if they're allies of Trump that criminals should be immune from prosecution and serving the appropriate punishment if convicted of those crimes? Are allies of Trump entitled to pardons, because they're allies of Trump?

Considering the left believes that friends or allies of Trump who do something wrong means Trump condones it and did it himself.....

Both are pretty goddamn idiotic.

Just another bite of libnip, kinda like catnip for liberals; one whiff and they go stark raving, bat-**** crazy. Sneak up behind one and yell "MAGA" and watch then convulse and writhe on the floor. kinda mean, but funny as hell. :cool:

Considering the left believes that friends or allies of Trump who do something wrong means Trump condones it and did it himself.....

Both are pretty goddamn idiotic.

That's a bizarre and dishonest non-sequitur, and ignoring my reply in total then responding with obvious bull**** is also pretty "goddamn idiotic."

This sums up the Republican (cultist) stance on everything Trump related.
He wasn't accused of any election related crime; he worked for the reelection committee for a whopping three months before he got fired. Calling him "Trump related" seems like more of a cultish mantra to me.
i

Why should I care about Manifort's problems? He worked of the campaign for a whopping 3 months in mid-2016.

none of us expect you to worry about any of Trump's employees or prison livers.

now, the second one of them turns on him your caring comes flying out. in words. to protect your political girlfriend who has no soul.

none of us expect you to worry about any of Trump's employees or prison livers.
not an employee, and exemployee, for like four years now. Time you guys let it go.

CaughtInThe said:
now, the second one of them turns on him your caring comes flying out. in words. to protect your political girlfriend who has no soul.
WTF are you talking about?

This sums up the Republican (cultist) stance on everything Trump related.

The "so what" response has to do with the OP's breathless response that as these are state charges, Trump couldn't pardon him.
The question still stands "So what?"

Well, should allies of President Trump face charges because they are allies? These charges aren't new-- whats new is that the NY AG thinks there is a way around the double-jeopardy prohibitions that exist in New York state.

That's a bizarre and dishonest non-sequitur, and ignoring my reply in total then responding with obvious bull**** is also pretty "goddamn idiotic."

So it's bizarre to believe that EVERYONE on the right thinks Manafort is immune to prison because he's Trump friends,

But it's perfectly normal to believe that Trump is bad because of what Manafort did?

Gotcha....thanks for being a hypocrite.

Well, should allies of President Trump face charges because they are allies? These charges aren't new-- whats new is that the NY AG thinks there is a way around the double-jeopardy prohibitions that exist in New York state.

No, they should face charges because they are criminals.

And I'm not crying for Manafort. He demonstrated a long time contempt for the law, and if NY wants to charge him separately, fine by me. There are at least 100s of thousands of people who served more time in prison for lesser crimes, and he's so far been given the "rich white guy" privilege that's pretty normal for our 'justice' system. If he gets a little of the 'justice' that the poor get....OK.

So it's bizarre to believe that EVERYONE on the right thinks Manafort is immune to prison because he's Trump friends,

But it's perfectly normal to believe that Trump is bad because of what Manafort did?

Gotcha....thanks for being a hypocrite.

I don't have a clue what either of your replies have to do with my comment, and don't really care.

No, they should face charges because they are criminals.

And I'm not crying for Manafort. He demonstrated a long time contempt for the law, and if NY wants to charge him separately, fine by me. There are at least 100s of thousands of people who served more time in prison for lesser crimes, and he's so far been given the "rich white guy" privilege that's pretty normal for our 'justice' system. If he gets a little of the 'justice' that the poor get....OK.

Ok-- but just bear in mind New York is trying to be creative in its investigation and possible prosecution of Mr. Manafort.
He has already been charged and convicted by the feds for this crime. There is a reason for double jeopardy laws exist.

Back
Top Bottom