• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Prosecutors Leading Trump Fraud Investigation in NY Resign

What the heck is going on?
I see several possibilities.

The new AG has political reasons for not prosecuting Trump, and told them to kill the investigation, which caused them to resign in protest because they disagree.
The new AG finds the case unworthy of continuing and told the prosecutors so, which caused them to resign in protest because they disagree.
The new AG found the case unworthy of continuing and the prosecutors agreed, their resignations being the least impactful way they could find to end it.
The new AG found that the prosecutors conduct in prosecuting the case was unacceptable, and forced them to resign.

Probably more I haven't thought of.

Hmm..... the lead prosecutor who replaced Vance in this case seems hesistant to go forward thus the resignations. Wonder which Trump cronie got to him

The prosecutors, Carey R. Dunne and Mark F. Pomerantz, submitted their resignations after the new Manhattan district attorney, Alvin Bragg, indicated to them that he had doubts about moving forward with a case against Mr. Trump, the people said.
The activity on the case stopped a month before that. They stopped bring people before the grand jury.

I wonder if Bragg was worried about possibly losing such a high profile case. I doubt he was bought off, that would be too obvious, and trump is too cheap.

"The two prosecutors leading the Manhattan district attorney’s investigation into former President Donald J. Trump and his business practices abruptly resigned on Wednesday amid a monthlong pause in their presentation of evidence to a grand jury, according to people with knowledge of the matter, throwing the future of the high-stakes inquiry into serious doubt.

The prosecutors, Carey R. Dunne and Mark F. Pomerantz, submitted their resignations after the new Manhattan district attorney, Alvin Bragg, indicated to them that he had doubts about moving forward with a case against Mr. Trump, the people said.

Mr. Pomerantz confirmed in a brief interview that he had resigned, but declined to elaborate. Mr. Dunne declined to comment."
It appears that they resigned because the DA didn't look like he was going to go forward with a case that they had more intimate knowledge about and felt should go forward.

What's so strange about that?

They might be seeing what is coming out of the civil case. Who knows exactly why at this point.

When is she going to sue him? Maybe there isn't much there either.

The eve of the minor incursion in Ukraine seemed like to perfect time to dump this BS case
Ding, ding! We have a winner.
Besides, now Dems are saber rattling about our sacred duty to defend democracy...in Ukraine.
Clear the decks, we have the perfect reason to blame something else besides Joe Biden, for America's soaring inflation! Suck it up, America! Prices are going up because we must defend democracy in a far-away land, outside of NATO's sphere.

Apparently, they were not happy with the dragging of the feet of the da.

No, that's not what happened. They didn't like what the newly appointed DA had to say so they stormed off like a couple of entitled brats.

Another nothing burger.

Those documents didn't reveal what they hoped for. They got played.

Again.

Yep.
I'm glad it backfired in their general direction. Karma.

I see several possibilities.

The new AG has political reasons for not prosecuting Trump, and told them to kill the investigation, which caused them to resign in protest because they disagree.
The new AG finds the case unworthy of continuing and told the prosecutors so, which caused them to resign in protest because they disagree.
The new AG found the case unworthy of continuing and the prosecutors agreed, their resignations being the least impactful way they could find to end it.
The new AG found that the prosecutors conduct in prosecuting the case was unacceptable, and forced them to resign.

Probably more I haven't thought of.
Or the case will be folded into the State investigation.

The pattern is familiar though!
The media riles up the people about some really bad crime from Trump.... then a long time later it turns out to be lies
or an attempt to just trash trump, and then they walk away from the story!

Like the Russian collusion, Schumer's kangaroo court to impeach Trump, Trump's phone call with Raffensperger etc ....

At some point people will get tired of being played the fool!
I'm just wondering what the two lawyers did that got them fired.

I'm just wondering what the two lawyers did that got them fired.
They weren't fired, they resigned.

Carey Dunne and Mark Pomerantz submitted their resignations after Alvin Bragg, the new Manhattan district attorney, told them he had doubts about the case against the former president, The New York Times reported.

That's not why they resigned. They resigned because they both want to move forward with criminal charges, but Bragg is dragging his feet.

Keep reading... I actually quoted the Times that asserted the above.
You're a little late to the thread.

post 29

Back
Top Bottom