• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Prosecutors charge 19 in North Carolina with voter fraud yesterday

Aberro

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Prosecutors charge 19 in North Carolina with voter fraud

(Federal prosecutors in North Carolina announced voter fraud charges Wednesday against 19 non-citizens accused of illegally casting a ballot in 2016.

A conviction of voting by a non-citizen, a misdemeanor, carries a maximum term of one year imprisonment, a fine not to exceed $100,000, or both.)

MISDEMEANOR?

Really? Thats all?

I wonder how many are drawing SS too? Many are over 62.

Last edited:
I mean there’s no details about the case at all so how am I to judge this “that’s all” question of yours?

(Federal prosecutors in North Carolina announced voter fraud charges Wednesday against 19 non-citizens accused of illegally casting a ballot in 2016.

A conviction of voting by a non-citizen, a misdemeanor, carries a maximum term of one year imprisonment, a fine not to exceed $100,000, or both.)

MISDEMEANOR?

Really? Thats all?

Interesting it took four years to file charges. If true, I hope the people get convicted.

Yet, part of me thinks there is something political about the timing with President Trump pushing the idea of massive voter fraud.

Wouldn't be funny if it could be disclosed the alleged fraudulent voters voted for Trump.:lamo

Interesting it took four years to file charges. If true, I hope the people get convicted.

Yet, part of me thinks there is something political about the timing with President Trump pushing the idea of massive voter fraud.

Wouldn't be funny if it could be disclosed the alleged fraudulent voters voted for Trump.:lamo
Voter fraud doesn’t exist, and also it benefited Trump!

Lol

I mean there’s no details about the case at all so how am I to judge this “that’s all” question of yours?

Federal Authorities Charge Nineteen with Voter Fraud | USAO-MDNC | Department of Justice

Charged with violations of Title 18, United States Code, Sections 611(a) (voting by non-citizen), 911 (claim of U.S. citizenship by non-citizen), and 1015(f) (false statement in a voter registration application):

Francisco Antonio-Aguirre, age 64, of Dobson, NC (1:20CR351);
Roob Kaur Atar-Singh, age 57, of Raeford, NC (1:20CR349);
Rosalva Negrete-Toledo, aka Rosalva Cortes, age 65, of Winston-Salem, NC
(1:20CR342);
Dave Delano Virgil, age 57, of Winston-Salem, NC (1:20CR339);
Eloy Alberto Zayas-Berrier, 70, of Pelham, NC (1:20CR348);

There is more.

Maybe they voted by mail and then again in person.;)

Federal Authorities Charge Nineteen with Voter Fraud | USAO-MDNC | Department of Justice

Charged with violations of Title 18, United States Code, Sections 611(a) (voting by non-citizen), 911 (claim of U.S. citizenship by non-citizen), and 1015(f) (false statement in a voter registration application):

There is more.

12 whole people? Wow. They definitely tipped the results.

Voter fraud doesn’t exist, and also it benefited Trump!

Lol

No one said "voter fraud doesn't exist."

NC has about 10 million people. Millions cast votes. 19 have been charged with 'voter fraud.' Doesn't seem very "massive" to me.

MISDEMEANOR?

Really? Thats all?

I wonder how many are drawing SS too? Many are over 62.

Voter fraud is a massive problem. In this instance, over 4/10,000% committed fraud. If we take that and apply it to the entire election, that would mean that almost 521 of the nearly 130 million votes cast were fraudulent.

The democrats fired first with massive non-requested mail in ballots to be mailed out.

This lets the illegals know someone is watching.

NC has about 10 million people. Millions cast votes. 19 have been charged with 'voter fraud.' Doesn't seem very "massive" to me.

Almost no attention is paid to voter fraud enforcement. The democrats claim there’s zero fraud but then block every effort to investigate it.

So 19 cases are likely only the very tip
Of the iceberg

The democrats fired first with massive non-requested mail in ballots to be mailed out.

In this state, someone sent registered Republicans applications to request absentee ballots.

In reality, most of these illegal immigrants likely had a voter ID and were caught by paperwork and checks, as they should be. We have no info on who they voted for in those elections they voted in.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Was it a ballot or a request for mail in ballot? Provide a link

In this state, someone sent registered Republicans applications to request absentee ballots.

In reality, most of these illegal immigrants likely had a voter ID and were caught by paperwork and checks, as they should be. We have no info on who they voted for in those elections they voted in.

That shouldn’t happen. You should need to vote in person with ID unless you’re working overseas

19 votes out of how many millions of votes cast? And, so far, zero convictions.

Voter fraud is a massive problem. In this instance, over 4/10,000% committed fraud. If we take that and apply it to the entire election, that would mean that almost 521 of the nearly 130 million votes cast were fraudulent.

And now divide that by 50 states and you get a fraction so small, it's not even newsworthy.

That shouldn’t happen. You should need to vote in person with ID unless you’re working overseas
So those in the hospital or who are stuck in a bed should lose their vote?

And what about military members in the US but not in home state and their spouses and children? You do realize they are registered to vote in their home state (home of record) not the state they live in, right?

There is more.

Your own link says “few details” have been provided.

Just names and charges doesn’t tell us anything about what happened.

we have the capability to eliminate it

all we need is the will

so many races, especially local ones, are very very close

we deserve an accurate and fraud free system....

all we need is the will

Sure, I guess, insert a biochip into all of us, and require us all to show up in person and have that biometric chip read, then somehow confirm that the JasperL that is standing in front of the old lady manning the voting booth is the same one registered. And then make voter registration like getting a passport, so costing $millions or billions to reverify every voter in the U.S. etc......

"Eliminating" fraud isn't even a reasonable goal. The cost would be immense, the time immense, the waste of resources immense, and it would result in at least millions kicked off the voting rolls because they're unable to provide the documents needed to "eliminate" fraud. And you'd require the kind of equipment used at airport terminals, equivalent ID, and trained staff, not the volunteers, mostly elderly, who staff most voting precincts by the 10s of thousands. And even passports don't eliminate 'fraud' nor will the new secure ID.

A reasonable goal is to keep "voter fraud" to very small levels, and in a state with millions of votes cast, 19 alleged cases of fraud flies through that test. I can't imagine spending $10s of millions, easy, every election, to reduce that 19 to 1 or 2 or 0.

See above, but we know that tightening up restrictions to pursue "fraud free" will absolutely mean that millions of citizens eligible to vote cannot get certified. Or if you don't believe it's millions nationwide, then at the least many thousands. So any reasonable proposal to try to reduce rates of fraud must at a minimum quantify that downside - it's been done in court - and then see if taking 19 or 50 or 100 fraudulent votes to zero is a good trade for making sure thousands can no longer vote because they can't clear the verification process. How many eligible voters is it worth to kick off the rolls to prevent 1 fraudulent vote? 100? 1,000? 10,000?

Almost no attention is paid to voter fraud enforcement. The democrats claim there’s zero fraud but then block every effort to investigate it.

So 19 cases are likely only the very tip
Of the iceberg

These just happen to be the first in over 3.5 years and federal misdemeanors? Politics have entered snd destroyed the DOJ.

all we need is the will

We can't even stop identity theft happening to millions every year, yet we are supposed to stop fraudulent voting completely that barely happens a few hundred times in an election season?

These just happen to be the first in over 3.5 years and federal misdemeanors? Politics have entered snd destroyed the DOJ.

If I was a defense attorneys for any of these defendants, I would be doing a LOT of discovery...

19 votes out of how many millions of votes cast? And, so far, zero convictions.

I agree some are grasping for straws. Voter fraud had not been a big deal in the US.

I am more concerned with the President telling people to vote twice. (mail in a ballot then go vote in person).

Back
Top Bottom