• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pros and cons of the 2013 t.v fall schedule.

presluc

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I realize to some this may seem a bit late , you are right it is but never the less I will take full responsibility for my tardiness , I wish I had an excuse but alas I do not , not even a reasonable excuse.
Anyway the cons of the Fall T.V scedual

Burn Notice cancelled replaced by Graceland a series about a house full of narcs and undercover cops "is there any other kind these days"
Copper cancelled I guess this series about old New York cops was just too much competition for storage wars aka auction
Justified on hiatus This show left with high ratings and is still on stand by.

The pros
Person of Interest making a good fan based show.
The Blacklist a very underrated show this is a good show but it did not receive the attention Hostages got so although I think it would be a great series kind of a combination of Hannibal Lecter and Mission Impossible it's chances are slim.
Elementary a good show for who done it fans.

And the Walking dead is still walking kinda like politicians and T.V programmers. :peace

Ladies and Gentlemen I await your views or comments on this subject but please no just turn the channel speeches , tried that before , got censorship and the v chip.

I realize to some this may seem a bit late , you are right it is but never the less I will take full responsibility for my tardiness , I wish I had an excuse but alas I do not , not even a reasonable excuse.
Anyway the cons of the Fall T.V scedual

Burn Notice cancelled replaced by Graceland a series about a house full of narcs and undercover cops "is there any other kind these days"
Copper cancelled I guess this series about old New York cops was just too much competition for storage wars aka auction
Justified on hiatus This show left with high ratings and is still on stand by.

The pros
Person of Interest making a good fan based show.
The Blacklist a very underrated show this is a good show but it did not receive the attention Hostages got so although I think it would be a great series kind of a combination of Hannibal Lecter and Mission Impossible it's chances are slim.
Elementary a good show for who done it fans.

And the Walking dead is still walking kinda like politicians and T.V programmers. :peace

Ladies and Gentlemen I await your views or comments on this subject but please no just turn the channel speeches , tried that before , got censorship and the v chip.

I haven't watched the Michael J. Fox Show and doubt I will. I really love him. I just find the concept uncomfortable. Have no idea why.

The Crazy Ones . . . Robin Williams. We watched it last week by accident. I wasn't going to tune in because I thought he'd never work on TV. It's pretty good! He's truly a whack-a-doo.

I tend not to get excited about any American TV show until they get a season two/three. Had my heart broken too many times in the past, V and Flashforward spring to mind.

I tend not to get excited about any American TV show until they get a season two/three. Had my heart broken too many times in the past, V and Flashforward spring to mind.

I agree, Higgins. I'm the same way. Too many cancellations, after you get involved in something.

I am watching The Blacklist. I love James Spader, and that's the only reason why. It's OK. Just OK. Nothing fluffing my skirt up about it, but I'm all for any James Spader fix since Boston Legal went off.

Love, love, love Elementary. I should be careful saying that. It might get cancelled.

I am also waiting for American Horror Story tonight. I didn't like last season at all, but the first season was amazing. I heard Kathy Bates is joining this season, so it can't be all bad!

One my new favorite shows is on Showtime, called Ray Donovan. I got my sig line from there. Really cool show.

I've tried watching Sleepy Hollow but meh -- I have 3 episodes on my DVR that I haven't watched yet. If I start piling up shows on the DVR, it means I'm not that interested in it.

I agree, Higgins. I'm the same way. Too many cancellations, after you get involved in something.

I am watching The Blacklist. I love James Spader, and that's the only reason why. It's OK. Just OK. Nothing fluffing my skirt up about it, but I'm all for any James Spader fix since Boston Legal went off.

Love, love, love Elementary. I should be careful saying that. It might get cancelled.

I am also waiting for American Horror Story tonight. I didn't like last season at all, but the first season was amazing. I heard Kathy Bates is joining this season, so it can't be all bad!

One my new favorite shows is on Showtime, called Ray Donovan. I got my sig line from there. Really cool show.

I've tried watching Sleepy Hollow but meh -- I have 3 episodes on my DVR that I haven't watched yet. If I start piling up shows on the DVR, it means I'm not that interested in it.

still mourning Jericho...

still mourning Jericho...

I know. What a great show that was. I never sent nuts to CBS but I certainly emailed them. At least we got another few episodes out of it for closure. That's more than most offer.

I am so sad about The Killing. That was one of my favorite shows, and they ended it after the 2nd season. Then they reversed their decision and brought it back for season 3 and then cancelled it again. That was one awesome show. I loved the dark, gritty feel of it. :(

American horror story!! Tonight!!!!!!!!

If certain shows did not make my list it is because of the many "scary" stuff out there today.
Vampire Diaries, Walking Dead, American Horror , ghost hunters the list is quite long .

As for me give me a good action show with good writers who know how to express the story any day.:peace

I haven't watched the Michael J. Fox Show and doubt I will. I really love him. I just find the concept uncomfortable. Have no idea why.

The Crazy Ones . . . Robin Williams. We watched it last week by accident. I wasn't going to tune in because I thought he'd never work on TV. It's pretty good! He's truly a whack-a-doo.

The Crazy ones with my comic hero Robin Williams of course a great show Williams hasn't lost a step in comedy.

However I'm asking what's happening to the more action type T.V. series .
It's not like there was a shortage of sitcoms before the new schedule . :peace

Well as for me Burn Noticee and Justified spring to mind , both had more that 2 seasons , both had high ratings as did Copper all three were cut.:peace

I know. What a great show that was. I never sent nuts to CBS but I certainly emailed them. At least we got another few episodes out of it for closure. That's more than most offer.

I am so sad about The Killing. That was one of my favorite shows, and they ended it after the 2nd season. Then they reversed their decision and brought it back for season 3 and then cancelled it again. That was one awesome show. I loved the dark, gritty feel of it. :(

I remember Jericho, that was a good show..
The killing I watched for a couple of times but after it got cancelled I never watched it again after it came back.
Burn Notice I still have the pilot never missed a show.:peace

Back
Top Bottom