• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Proposed Violence

Glowpun

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
I heard that Trump made statements that he would like to do violence against speakers at the DNC who said negative things about him.

When will his supporters say enough is enough?

I heard that Trump made statements that he would like to do violence against speakers at the DNC who said negative things about him.

There can be no question of the qualities of that man. But I listened to Clinton's speech and must say that she is much worse for the nation than I had thought. It shifts the probability of having to vote for that horrible man.

He wasn't talking about violence, son.

[video]http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/28/politics/donald-trump-dnc-response/[/video]

Trump vocalizes what Americans are feeling.

That's why he's so popular.

Nobody is going to say enough. Many will say "MORE."

To paraphrase Trump - "I could shoot someone on the street in NYC and my followers would still support me"

If Hillary makes a campaign trek to NYC, wonder is The Donald will put that theory into practice?

To paraphrase Trump - "I could shoot someone on the street in NYC and my followers would still support me"

If Hillary makes a campaign trek to NYC, wonder is The Donald will put that theory into practice?

TGIF, CJ! :2wave:

Doubtful, IMO, for two reasons. 1) He will either deny he said it, or barring that, he will say he was just making a point about loyalty, or 2) he may actually believe, being the egotist that he seems to be, that he could get away with it. Pence will have to remind him that it is against the law in NYC to just shoot someone on the street, and therefore it wouldn't be in his best interests to do so, considering the SS will be there, too. :lamo :lamo Next question?

Never.

It seems that whatever he says, the response is (1) he said those words but meant other words, (2) he didn't say those words even though ****ing Fox News thought he did, (3) he said the words but they were a "joke".

Maybe they're dumb. Maybe they secretly love every last bigotted/violent/whatever thing he says, but don't want to admit it. Who knows? All we can really tell is that America hasn't come nearly as far as it likes to tell itself.

Trump vocalizes what Americans are feeling.

Sadly, this does not seem to lead to the self-reflection that it should.

Never.

It seems that whatever he says, the response is (1) he said those words but meant other words, (2) he didn't say those words even though ****ing Fox News thought he did, (3) he said the words but they were a "joke".

Maybe they're dumb. Maybe they secretly love every last bigotted/violent/whatever thing he says, but don't want to admit it. Who knows? All we can really tell is that America hasn't come nearly as far as it likes to tell itself.

or maybe, just maybe, our hatred and contempt of Hillary is so much greater, that we ignore the bull**** statements he is making

i dont think he could say much to deter many voters who just cant see grandma Hillary taking that oath of office

yeah, come to think of it, that hits it right on the head

When will the democrats recognize the riots, fires, and other public destruction caused directly and indirectly by the BLM?

Same liberal BS hypocrisy.

rofl

aka: My supporters have no values or ethics.

That's a lot thing to say about his own supporters - damn.

Well first of all, I suggest you try to avoid posting about statements you "heard" that Trump made. Get the facts first...then, if you don't like what you read, say something about it.

Second of all, if you HAD the facts, you would know that Trump wasn't talking of literally "hitting" anybody. He was talking about figuratively hitting back at those liberals who have said crappy things about him. Violence never entered the picture.

Third of all, I'd say his supporters are better than you at discerning fact from spin, so your question of whether enough is enough is irrelevant.

Oh, I should add...fourth of all, when are you anti-Trump people going to smarten up and not get suckered into looking like fools every time Trump says something. LOL!!

He wasn't talking about violence, son.

[video]http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/28/politics/donald-trump-dnc-response/[/video]

So true. Hillary has more history of physical violence than Trump does. But Trump sure knows how to spin a situation to such all the air out of the room except the space around him. Here is yet another thread talking about Donald Trump. :)

Maybe they're smart. Maybe they understand what he meant because it's exactly what they feel about the various troubling issues of the day.

We sure as hell don't want more terrorists getting into America.

We sure as hell don't want more illegal immigrants.

We sure as hell don't want the Chinese beating us up economically and owning us through debt.

We sure as hell don't want our guns taken away.

We sure as hell don't want BlackLivesMatter making any decisions for us with their riot and intimidate tactics.

We sure as hell don't want MORE thugs loitering on the streets and FEWER in prison.

We sure as hell don't want to lose more jobs with any more stupid NAFTA type trade agreements that make the rich richer and the poor poorer.

We sure as hell DO want a president who will kick ass instead of just staring soulfully into space with a tear in his eye.

Maybe we just want to go farther than you think possible in your politically correct world.

:mrgreen:

There can be no question of the qualities of that man. But I listened to Clinton's speech and must say that she is much worse for the nation than I had thought. It shifts the probability of having to vote for that horrible man.

Really? What in her speech made you think she's worse than you had previously thought?

That of course explains why over 1/2 of Americans dislike him.

It also explains why over half of Americans STRONGLY like him, are worried about the direction of the country and see the need for HIS kind of leadership to keep us from disaster.

Which ones are more likely to turn out and vote?

Really? What in her speech made you think she's worse than you had previously thought?

The social programs and the way she plans to finance them alone seem rather sad. The Europeans tried these simplistic models and they just do not work leading to a slow decline of the nation.

Back
Top Bottom