• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Prophecies about Pakistan, Middle East and Rise of Islam - Muhammad Qasim Bin AbdulKarim

That which is presented without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

“Atheism, I began to realize, rested on a less-than-satisfactory evidential basis. The arguments that had once seemed bold, decisive, and conclusive increasingly turned out to be circular, tentative, and uncertain.”-Alister McGrath

That which is presented without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

What kind of evidence do you want? embryology, astronomy, orology, oceanology...you name it...Quran will answer it all. Quran has amazing facts mentioned in it from 1400 years ago which were only discovered in recent times by the scientist by examining things with the help of microscope only. What is your evidence for atheism being a 'truth' ? So I can only say to you that whatever will be presented without evidence from your side will be dismissed with evidence from the Quran!

“Atheism, I began to realize, rested on a less-than-satisfactory evidential basis. The arguments that had once seemed bold, decisive, and conclusive increasingly turned out to be circular, tentative, and uncertain.”-Alister McGrath

I am sure that Alister McGrath, who tries to present things without evidence, feels threatened by the concept of being a skeptic. However, what he has not been able to do is present evidence that his religious beliefs are true and accurate. It's what he believes, but he has not objective/tangible evidence for it.

I am sure that Alister McGrath, who tries to present things without evidence, feels threatened by the concept of being a skeptic. However, what he has not been able to do is present evidence that his religious beliefs are true and accurate. It's what he believes, but he has not objective/tangible evidence for it.

As are your beliefs...

What kind of evidence do you want? embryology, astronomy, orology, oceanology...you name it...Quran will answer it all. Quran has amazing facts mentioned in it from 1400 years ago which were only discovered in recent times by the scientist by examining things with the help of microscope only. What is your evidence for atheism being a 'truth' ? So I can only say to you that whatever will be presented without evidence from your side will be dismissed with evidence from the Quran!

I have seen that so called evidence, and found it wanting. For example,the embryology is a reinterpretation of what was known at the time, and is very highly inaccurate. It gives the 4th century understanding of it, and that is basically incorrect. The reinterpretation of things after the fact to try to fit modern knowledge is common to both Islam and Christianity, and shows the weakness of the faith of the people who do that.

Here is a more detailed explanation of why the embryology conclusion is false.

https://maria911.wordpress.com/2009/09/13/192/

As are your beliefs...

I have many beliefs that do indeed fit that. I have others that are conclusions based on actual evidence that can be tested. When it comes to the claims of McGrath, he's selling books, and has a profit motive. The logic and evidence he uses is still lacking. It sells books though.

I have many beliefs that do indeed fit that. I have others that are conclusions based on actual evidence that can be tested. When it comes to the claims of McGrath, he's selling books, and has a profit motive. The logic and evidence he uses is still lacking. It sells books though.

Atheism cheapens everything it touches-look at the results of communism, the most powerful form of atheism on earth. ~ Peter Kreeft

Atheism cheapens everything it touches-look at the results of communism, the most powerful form of atheism on earth. ~ Peter Kreeft

That statement reeks of bigotry and hate.

I have seen that so called evidence, and found it wanting. For example,the embryology is a reinterpretation of what was known at the time, and is very highly inaccurate. It gives the 4th century understanding of it, and that is basically incorrect. The reinterpretation of things after the fact to try to fit modern knowledge is common to both Islam and Christianity, and shows the weakness of the faith of the people who do that.

Here is a more detailed explanation of why the embryology conclusion is false.

https://maria911.wordpress.com/2009/09/13/192/

Not impressive at all, that link is full of mistakes. Its not the 4th century understanding at all because the embryo in its initial stages looks like an 'Alaqa'. The arabic word Alaqa has two meanings; something that clings or a Leech like substance. Most importantly, you can't see that stage(Alaqa) of the embryo with the naked eye either but only under the microscope. So Quran gives something distinctive which was never mentioned by anyone before. How was it possible to mention this 1400 years ago? Prof Keith L Moore is one of the most revered person in the field of anatomy and an ex atheist before he found this amazing fact in Quran. He wrote books and one of his books on embryology was taught to students during their MBBS since it was a master piece, obviously written with divine facts from Quran. Keith Moore was an ex atheist but he accepted the truth because he was a humble man with knowledge and a drive to learn and correct himself at any time when presented with facts. Do you believe you are more knowledgeable than him?!

Not impressive at all, that link is full of mistakes. Its not the 4th century understanding at all because the embryo in its initial stages looks like an 'Alaqa'. The arabic word Alaqa has two meanings; something that clings or a Leech like substance. Most importantly, you can't see that stage(Alaqa) of the embryo with the naked eye either but only under the microscope. So Quran gives something distinctive which was never mentioned by anyone before. How was it possible to mention this 1400 years ago? Prof Keith L Moore is one of the most revered person in the field of anatomy and an ex atheist before he found this amazing fact in Quran. He wrote books and one of his books on embryology was taught to students during their MBBS since it was a master piece, obviously written with divine facts from Quran. Keith Moore was an ex atheist but he accepted the truth because he was a humble man with knowledge and a drive to learn and correct himself at any time when presented with facts. Do you believe you are more knowledgeable than him?!

I am sure you are not impressed. However, you have your biased, and you are relying on interpretations that fit modern knowledge.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." ~ Stephen Hawking

I am sure you are not impressed. However, you have your biased, and you are relying on interpretations that fit modern knowledge.

When there is one thing Right and other Wrong then for sure I will have to support what is Right. Two Muslim students of Prof Keith Moore submitted their medical thesis and they had mentioned this fact(i-e embryo looks like Alaqa) in their thesis and the Prof. wasn't impressed at all initially, then he examined this in his Lab and was amazed to see this amazing revelation to the mankind via the final word of God, called Quran. All I learn from big and great people that they keep their hearts and minds open and accept the truth and they spend their time and efforts to find the truth instead of listening to the heresy.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." ~ Stephen Hawking

Arrogance is a blameworthy characteristic which is the feature of Iblees/Satan and his cohorts in this world, those on whose hearts there placed a seal.

The first one who showed arrogance towards God and His creation was the accursed Iblees, when God commanded him to prostrate to Adam and he refused and was arrogant, and said, “I am better than him (Adam), You created me from fire, and him You created from clay.”

God says:

“And surely, We created you (your father Adam) and then gave you shape (the noble shape of a human being); then We told the angels, ‘Prostrate yourselves to Adam’, and they prostrated themselves, except Iblees (Satan), he refused to be of those who prostrated themselves.

God said: ‘What prevented you (O Iblees) that you did not prostrate yourself, when I commanded you?’ Iblees said: ‘I am better than him (Adam), You created me from fire, and him You created from clay’”

[al-A’raaf 7:11-12]

Arrogance is one of the characteristics of Iblees, so whoever wants to be arrogant should realize that he is acquiring a characteristic of the devils, and that he is not acquiring a characteristic of the noble angels who obeyed their Lord and fell down prostrate.

Moreover, arrogance may be the cause of a person being deprived of Paradise and may mean that the Lord of Glory will not even look at him, as it says in the following hadeeth(saying of Prophet Muhammad PBUH):

It was narrated from ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood that the Prophet (peace and blessings of God be upon him) said: “No one who has an atom’s-weight of arrogance in his heart will enter Paradise.” A man said, “O Messenger of God, what if a man likes his clothes and his shoes to look good?” He said, “God is Beautiful and loves beauty. Arrogance means rejecting the truth and looking down on people.”

When there is one thing Right and other Wrong then for sure I will have to support what is Right. Two Muslim students of Prof Keith Moore submitted their medical thesis and they had mentioned this fact(i-e embryo looks like Alaqa) in their thesis and the Prof. wasn't impressed at all initially, then he examined this in his Lab and was amazed to see this amazing revelation to the mankind via the final word of God, called Quran. All I learn from big and great people that they keep their hearts and minds open and accept the truth and they spend their time and efforts to find the truth instead of listening to the heresy.

Yes yes,I heard this all before, and it's been soundly refuted, dozens of times.

Yes yes,I heard this all before, and it's been soundly refuted, dozens of times.

In Quran, Allah Almighty says:

“…We made every living thing from water. Will they not believe?” (21:30)

In this ayah of Quran, Allah Almighty holds water as the basic element of the creation of every living thing. The same thing is proved by science where it tells that every living thing comprises of cells and these cells consist of 80% cytoplasm, which in simple terms is explained as water. Therefore, science proves the very same fact which Quran mentioned 1400 years ago which might have seemed odd for the people of that time as there was no science to prove it then, but today everyone accepts this fact.

The Presence of Iron:

For the people of today iron is a metal that is found on earth. However, it is the scientists who have come to find the original source of iron as per which iron is not a metal of this earth rather it came from space. Quran says about iron in the following way:

“…… We sent down Iron, in which is (material for) mighty war, as well as many benefits for mankind.” (57:25)

From this ayah it is clear that the metal iron was sent down by Allah Almighty, hence it is not something of this world that grew or formed in it. According to scientists, billions of years ago meteoroids hit earth and these meteoroids came with the metal iron which then dispersed and immersed in different parts of the earth. Hence, in this regard as well, the saying of Quran predates scientific factual discovery.

The Protection Of Sky:

“We made the sky a protective ceiling. And yet they are turning away from Our signs!” (21:32)

In this ayah, Allah Almighty mentions sky as a protective ceiling for people and calls it as a sign. It might not have been clear to the people of those days however, people of today who have access to science can agree with the fact that the sky actually does serve as a protective shield for life on earth.

Science tells that it is the presence of sky that protects the earth from the harmful radiation of the rays of earth and it is again the sky that serves as a protective blanket to keep the temperature of the earth moderate during nights. If it were not there then radiation would have caused havoc and the freezing temperatures at night would have extinguished life on earth. Therefore, the followers of science cannot refute the mention of this fact in Quran.

Function of Mountains:

“Did We not make the earth a resting place? And the mountains as stakes?” (78:6-7)

From this ayah it can be inferred that mountains are like stakes, which go deep down in the earth. This claim of Quran has been also proven right by science according to which the mountains are not merely above the surface; rather they have roots deep down below as well. The best example of this can be the highest peak in the world Mount Everest. According to scientists, Mount Everest that is 9km above the surface has its roots almost 125km below the surface thus the metaphor of stake in Quran actually gets a scientific backing.

Expansion of Universe:

“And it is We who have built the Universe with (Our creative) power and keep expanding it.” (51:47)

In this ayah, Allah Almighty refers to the expansion of the universe. According to this ayah, the universe has not been the same since its existence; it continues and will continue on changing. This fact was proven by science a hundred years ago when the astronomers found out that the universe is not stagnant, rather it is expanding with the passage of time, thus concurring with the claim of Quran.

If this has been refuted "soundly" as you claim then, you can easily send us an link that shall direct us to a site where, we shall be able to see if it was "soundly" refuted by qualified scientists or not.

We believe Jesus was a messenger of God, we also believe that the revelation was sent to him by God through angel Gabriel. We believe that Gospel and Torah are the word of God but they have been changed. If you analyse the statements and verses in the bible, you will find three kind of statements; one made by God, one made by Jesus, and one made by Paul, Matthew, Mark, Luke, John etc. why would be the statements of followers be incorporated in God's word. For example, the concept of Trinity was introduced much later and it has never been preached by Jesus, even the word Trinity is not mentioned anywhere in the bible, its a concoction. So how can we expect people to follow or believe in something which is never preached by Jesus or God himself ?

The Triune God is seen in the first-century Gospel and Epistle accounts. It was there from the very beginning. You say it came later, then tell me when and prove it.

In addition, Jesus spoke about people being baptized in the NAME of the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost (Matthew chapter 28). That's your Trinity.

You folks claim Jesus is a prophet. Then why didn't you believe Jesus when he claimed to be God (John 8:58, etc.), and the ONLY WAY TO THE FATHER (John 14:6)?

Your sophomoric claims above demonstrate that you have a highly inaccurate understanding of the Bible, Jesus, the resurrection, and other issues.

Jesus is Lord God and Resurrected Savior.

The Qur'an was sent down by The God and that is why, no one on the face of this earth or from amongst His Creation can produce such similar passages for The Qur'an is The Word and The Speech of The Most Merciful

I don't believe the Quran was divinely inspired for a minute. For one thing it doesn't even know that Jesus is divine and resurrected.

“…We made every living thing from water. Will they not believe?” (21:30)

In this ayah of Quran, Allah Almighty holds water as the basic element of the creation of every living thing. The same thing is proved by science where it tells that every living thing comprises of cells and these cells consist of 80% cytoplasm, which in simple terms is explained as water. Therefore, science proves the very same fact which Quran mentioned 1400 years ago which might have seemed odd for the people of that time as there was no science to prove it then, but today everyone accepts this fact.

The Presence of Iron:

For the people of today iron is a metal that is found on earth. However, it is the scientists who have come to find the original source of iron as per which iron is not a metal of this earth rather it came from space. Quran says about iron in the following way:

“…… We sent down Iron, in which is (material for) mighty war, as well as many benefits for mankind.” (57:25)

From this ayah it is clear that the metal iron was sent down by Allah Almighty, hence it is not something of this world that grew or formed in it. According to scientists, billions of years ago meteoroids hit earth and these meteoroids came with the metal iron which then dispersed and immersed in different parts of the earth. Hence, in this regard as well, the saying of Quran predates scientific factual discovery.

The Protection Of Sky:

“We made the sky a protective ceiling. And yet they are turning away from Our signs!” (21:32)

In this ayah, Allah Almighty mentions sky as a protective ceiling for people and calls it as a sign. It might not have been clear to the people of those days however, people of today who have access to science can agree with the fact that the sky actually does serve as a protective shield for life on earth.

Science tells that it is the presence of sky that protects the earth from the harmful radiation of the rays of earth and it is again the sky that serves as a protective blanket to keep the temperature of the earth moderate during nights. If it were not there then radiation would have caused havoc and the freezing temperatures at night would have extinguished life on earth. Therefore, the followers of science cannot refute the mention of this fact in Quran.

Function of Mountains:

“Did We not make the earth a resting place? And the mountains as stakes?” (78:6-7)

From this ayah it can be inferred that mountains are like stakes, which go deep down in the earth. This claim of Quran has been also proven right by science according to which the mountains are not merely above the surface; rather they have roots deep down below as well. The best example of this can be the highest peak in the world Mount Everest. According to scientists, Mount Everest that is 9km above the surface has its roots almost 125km below the surface thus the metaphor of stake in Quran actually gets a scientific backing.

Expansion of Universe:

“And it is We who have built the Universe with (Our creative) power and keep expanding it.” (51:47)

In this ayah, Allah Almighty refers to the expansion of the universe. According to this ayah, the universe has not been the same since its existence; it continues and will continue on changing. This fact was proven by science a hundred years ago when the astronomers found out that the universe is not stagnant, rather it is expanding with the passage of time, thus concurring with the claim of Quran.

And?? Reinterpretation of meaning based on current knowledge is nonsense. that is what happened. You won't find commentary from before the theory of the big bang that this was what the Quran meant. Vague references being retrofitted into modern knowledge is just patting yourself on the back and making yourself feel good.

And?? Reinterpretation of meaning based on current knowledge is nonsense. that is what happened. You won't find commentary from before the theory of the big bang that this was what the Quran meant. Vague references being retrofitted into modern knowledge is just patting yourself on the back and making yourself feel good.

Just to remind you that Quran is not sent for a particular time, It has guidance for all times to come and the accurate facts of the past events too which happened thousands of years before Quran was revealed. Quran will be compatible with every day and age and not outdated because it is the true word of God. Reinterpretation is due to the fact that people of different eras only had that much knowledge to interpret and limited understanding of the deep meanings of the verses in the Quran. Quran was always ahead of its time and will remain ahead till the end however people need to upgrade themselves. Did you ever ask yourself a question that why all the scientific and other facts mentioned in the Quran always prove to be compatible and correct with every age and time?! Is this a coincidence or Divine decree? and tell you what even if you say that its a coincidence then how come so many facts are only mentioned in the Quran. why so many coincidences and compatibilities? Rather some of the facts mentioned in the Quran are those which were never known before. There is no scientific or historical inconsistency in the Quran. Needless to mention as its obvious that Quran is a book of signs and not science. God is most merciful and loves the mankind and that is why He sent the guidance to ALL the nations through Prophets too so they may take heed as this world and this life is just a test for every human being. The real life is the life of hereafter which we will enter on the Day of Resurrection/Judgement. Those who want to be forgiven they will never commit Shirk(Polytheism) meaning associating partners with One and Only God. But those who disbelieve due to arrogance then God responds to them via Quran in a way which is Unique and Scientific:

"Indeed, those who disbelieve in Our verses - We will drive them into a Fire. Every time their skins are roasted through We will replace them with other skins so they may taste the punishment. Indeed, Allah is ever Exalted in Might and Wise." [Quran 4:56]

"I swear by the Day of Resurrection.
And I swear by the reproaching soul [to the certainty of resurrection].
Does man think that We will not assemble his bones?
Yes. [We are] Able [even] to proportion his fingertips.
But man desires to continue in sin." [Quran 75: 1 - 5]

and by the way above is the literal translation of Quranic verses and not the interpretation or reinterpretation !!

QUOTE=RAMOSS;1068450450]And?? Reinterpretation of meaning based on current knowledge is nonsense. that is what happened. You won't find commentary from before the theory of the big bang that this was what the Quran meant. Vague references being retrofitted into modern knowledge is just patting yourself on the back and making yourself feel good.[/QUOTE]

We, even have an authentic report where The Prophet (Pbuh) has said that the skies/heavens are squeaking and he never spoke in a twisted manner as Allah commanded him in The Quran to be straightforward when speaking. And it is from the principles of our religion to view each and every single verse in it's apparent form and accept it's direct interpretation unless, it is apparent that this verse consists of metaphorical content like, the verse(s) which tells us of Joseph's dream (peace be upon him) and other such verses but, these are very few in number and this was the view of the early Islamic scholars, including the blessed companions of The Prophet (Pbuh) like Abdullah Ibn Abbas, Unayy Ibn Kaab, Malik Ibn Anas, Ahmed Ibn Hanbal, Az Zuhri, Sufyam At Thawri to the scholars of medieval century like Ibn Taymiyyah, Ibn Qayyum, Ibn Kathir, Adh-Dhahabi to the scholars of modern century like Bin Baz, Al Bani, Salih Al Fawzan, Abu Khadija, Abu Musa Richardson, Anwar Al Awlaki, just to name a few. And, I can assuredly tell you that, the commentators of the pre-modernistic era are of the view that, the heavens are squeaking and even, The Noble Prophet (Pbuh) & his blessed companions are of this same view

These dreams seem interesting !!

Yes they are a mercy and blessings for those who seek the truth.

Praise be to Allaah.

True dreams are a part of Prophethood, as it was reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “True dreams are one of the forty-six parts of Prophethood.” (al-Bukhaari, 6472; Muslim, 4201)

Dreams marked the onset of Revelation (al-Bukhaari, 3; Muslim, 231).

The truthfulness of the dream is related to the sincerity of the dreamer. Those who have the most truthful dreams are those who are the most truthful in speech. (Muslim, 4200)

Towards the end of time, hardly any dreams will be untrue. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “That will be because the Prophethood and its effects will be so far away in time, so the believers will be given some compensation in the form of dreams which will bring them some good news or will help them to be patient and steadfast in their faith.” (al-Bukhaari, 6499; Muslim, 4200)

Back
Top Bottom