• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Proof The Left Has Gone Totally Bonkers

But the rules allow for the entire cast to be white men (who generally have been the highest paid in Hollywood). The crew can be the "30%", and if they are like most industries, those minorities are paid less.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Fully agree there with you. I was just re-reading my earlier post and realized I wasn't all that clear, but you basically filled in the gaps for me. Thanks! lol.

I was surprised when I heard they changed the rules. But in the current political climate we shouldn't be that surprised I think.

May I ask people who belong to a minority group to tell us what they feel about these changes? Maybe you already have, but we typically do not sign of with [Name] - [Race]...

Just curious if you support these changes or not. And if you think these changes went far enough.

Joey

Fully agree there with you. I was just re-reading my earlier post and realized I wasn't all that clear, but you basically filled in the gaps for me. Thanks! lol.

I was surprised when I heard they changed the rules. But in the current political climate we shouldn't be that surprised I think.

May I ask people who belong to a minority group to tell us what they feel about these changes? Maybe you already have, but we typically do not sign of with [Name] - [Race]...

Just curious if you support these changes or not. And if you think these changes went far enough.

Joey
Honestly I dont care. They are about on the level of Christian schools, churches having "morality" rules for staff or students. I dont care for the rules but they are a private group that can do what they want.

Considering how really easy it is to meet these standards, I think it is ridiculous to label them as "they've gone too far".

I would love to see if any movie nominated in the past didn't meet these easy standards. I'm sure if we went back far enough, something like Alls Quiet On the Western Front wouldn't, but I hope that such an awful movie wasn't nominated.

I'm a woman so I actually would fit their categories (I guess a studio could hire me to help with IT security, if I lived near any big movie making areas). I've been part of an organization that has small ratios when it comes to not being a straight, white man. The Navy is about 82% male and about 68% white. One of my assignments, I was the first woman to work in the shop that was manned with about 20-25 Sailors. I doubt in the 15 years since then any woman has not been the only one in that shop.

Last edited:
Another, "I'm so HAPPY, the left is sad" thread by Moderate Right.

Even Hollywood is now criticizing the insanity of the left. If you know the left has gone too far left even for Hollywood, that closes the case.

Kirstie Alley slams new Oscars inclusion rules: '''This is a disgrace to artists everywhere'''

Kirstie Alley is a Scientologist. 70% of all Scientologists vote for republicans.

I know this, because my sister ( now RIP ) was a life long Scientologist, she ran a BBs for Scientologists back in the year 2000, and I was her webmaster.

She conducted a poll of her members ( there were several thousand ) asking about whom they usually vote for, Democrats or Republcans, and the poll revealed that 70% were republicans.

The odds of Kirstie being some kind of lefty is slim.

I get my best political information from Kirstie Alley, along with Charlie Sheen, Tom Cruise, Sean Young, Crispin Glover and Gary Busey.

You, like Moderate Right, must be devastated that the Kardashians are going off the air.

Their careers died long before they started being open Rightwing crazies. Dean Cain hasn't done anything significant since 1997. James Woods, since playing Hades in Disney's Hercules, has had one significant role: playing a parody of himself on Family Guy.

Again, because they can't find work due to their political beliefs which clash with the overly leftist hollywood types.

Again, because they can't find work due to their political beliefs which clash with the overly leftist hollywood types.

Their political beliefs came AFTER the deaths of their significance.

So over 70% of your actors are straight, white males and all leading and supporting characters. Over 70% of your staff/crew are straight, white males. Over 70% of your marketing executives are straight white males. And all because they were just all better than everyone else?

I think you would agree that matters most to Hollywood is money. That means making movies and shows which appeal to the largest audience possible. So which actor demographic is paid the most money?

Screenshot_2020-09-10 List of highest paid film actors - Wikipedia.jpg

Seems to me this whole issue is just the market giving people what they want, and what they want happens to be politically incorrect.

I think you would agree that matters most to Hollywood is money. That means making movies and shows which appeal to the largest audience possible. So which actor demographic is paid the most money?

View attachment 67294789

Seems to me this whole issue is just the market giving people what they want, and what they want happens to be politically incorrect.

The Rock would actually fulfill the new requirement, since he is usually a lead role.

Did you miss that?

Seems to me since more than 30% of those highest paid actors would actually cause the movie to meet at least one measure within that new criteria, it actually shows that the Oscars are the ones giving people what they want, not all white male actors in the movies, working on the movies up for best picture.

Last edited:
Another, "I'm so HAPPY, the left is sad" thread by Moderate Right.

The irony is that it isnt even the left. This is rightwing actors complaining about an insignificant rule.

Affirmative action is unconstitutional and it's just a case of the pot calling the kettle black.

1. Actually, it is constitutional.

2. Here in California, some decades ago, the people voted to outlaw affirmative action.

3. This is 2020. The electorate has changed.

4. The people in November will be asked to permit affirmative action again, since it will make it easier for the state universities to enroll more young ladies and gentlemen from minority ethnicities X and Y. (Minority ethnicity Z is upset, for it will mean fewer admissions for them.)

5. Of course, the measure will pass handily.

Back
Top Bottom