• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

PROOF Bush LIED about Iraq!

Originally posted by oldreliable67:
Hey, they're the folks that entered into written cease fire agreements with the UN and the coalition forces at the end of Gulf War I. They can do whatever they want, including actions that effectively abrogate those agreements, as they did many, many times. Of course, if they do/when they did, we will/did respond as we think/thought best. Some of those times included Clinton ordering bombing retaliation. BTW, what was their response while we were dropping bombs on their &^%$# heads? Do you know?

Billo, don't you think that if the bombing to which you are so vociferously referring was in any way an act of war, that the international community including France, Russia, Germany, etc., and the leftists around the globe would have been screaming bloody murder 2 years ago? This was not a secret. It is a well-known event. You're shouting about this as if you suddenly discovered the solution to Fermatt's theorem. Which it ain't.
What I'm saying is that we are a disgusting nation of sick individuals if you think dropping that much ordinance under the cover of no-fly zone enforcement is OK.

What I'm saying is that we are a disgusting nation of sick individuals if you think dropping that much ordinance under the cover of no-fly zone enforcement is OK.

Thats quite a different assertion than your "Its an act of war!" assertion.

This assertion is a two-parter: one, we (or what you're really saying is that I am) a sick individual if...is ok, and two, that dropping a lesser amount of ordnance would somehow have been more "legal" than dropping a greater amount of ordnance. Exceedingly strange.

Clearly, you are grasping at anything you can get your hands on with this one.

Originally posted by oldreliable67:
Thats quite a different assertion than your "Its an act of war!" assertion.

This assertion is a two-parter: one, we (or what you're really saying is that I am) a sick individual if...is ok, and two, that dropping a lesser amount of ordnance would somehow have been more "legal" than dropping a greater amount of ordnance. Exceedingly strange.

Clearly, you are grasping at anything you can get your hands on with this one.
First, when I say "we", I mean you, me and the rest of our fellow Americans 18 and older. Second, you're still not getting my point. No-fly zone enforcement is monitoring the sky making sure no one is flying in that air space. To do this, you do not need to be dropping bombs on pre-selected targets. You do not need to be flying over 2000 sorties to do this. This amount is so extreme, that it can only be considered an act of war. The fact that you are not bothered by this, or the fact that you do not think this is extreme at all, and the fact that you do not think the Iraqis have a right to defend themselves while this is going on speaks volumes about you as a person and us as a country.

Its like a boxer being told, "when you go out there, you cannot punch back, yet your opponant can just wail away on you for as much as he likes."

This amount is so extreme, that it can only be considered an act of war.

And what standards are you using to judge whether or not this amount of bombing is "extreme"? You're now the General, eh? I get it now - you're actually a West Point alum and former four-star masquerading as Billo? I have no idea whether or no the number of sorties flown or the tonnage of bombs dropped in the situation under discussion is 'extreme' or not - and neither do you. We have our opinions (obviously, or we wouldn't be bantering back and forth about it), but we, you and me, are not qualified to make that judgement.

To repeat an earlier surmise, "if the bombing to which you are so vociferously referring was in any way an act of war, that the international community including France, Russia, Germany, etc., and the leftists around the globe would have been screaming bloody murder 2 years ago...", but they aren't.

This action was not and is not a secret. Given the left's and the MSM's eagerness to jump on anything that smacks of impropriety on the part of the Bush administration in general and with respect to Iraq in particular, I have to believe that there are those who consider it an outrage or extreme, as you do, but as yet, I have not heard anyone on the left call it an 'act of war'. I can only conclude that if it was as egregious an act as you are asserting, those smarter and better connected than either you or me would have been all over it.

fact that you do not think the Iraqis have a right to defend themselves while this is going on

Another assumption on your part. Why do you think that I think that? Didn't I say that, "They can do whatever they want, including actions that effectively abrogate those agreements, as they did many, many times. Of course, if they do/when they did, we will/did respond as we think/thought best. Some of those times included Clinton ordering bombing retaliation."

Of course they can defend themselves, and indeed logically they should. They can also initiate offensive actions, as they did many times - to which we retaliated.

aps said:
Based upon my own assessment, when Bush was pushing this war in 2002 and 2003, it was based upon Iraq having WMDs and how they were an imminent threat to us.

I will refrain from insulting you, because I am attempting to become less abrasive towards people. As frustrated as I can get from time to time, I have come to a point where I have excepted that people get it or they do not get it or they refuse to get it. That being said...

So? Maybe he should have said something like this.....

In the decaying Arab world, Islam is the problem—because of the way bitter old men interpret and deform its more humane precepts while embracing its cruelest injunctions. Hatred taught to the young seems a lingering cancer of the human condition. And the accusations leveled against us by terrified, embittered men fall upon the ears of those anxious for someone to blame for the ruin of their societies, for the local extermination of opportunities, and for the poverty guaranteed by the brute corruption of their compatriots and the selfish choices of their own leaders to remain in power. Their civilization has failed and they have done it to themselves. They have been left behind by history and their response has been to blame everyone but themselves—and to sponsor terror (sometimes casually, but often officially). Much of the Arab world has withdrawn into a fortress of intolerance and self-righteousness as psychologically comfortable as it is practically destructive. They are, through their own fault, as close to hopeless as any societies and cultures upon this earth. They have not one world class university (save Israel), no industrialization in which to compete with the world on any level, no libraries worth mentioning, no expressed importance placed on education, and no progression towards technology. It's not from a lack of money. There is a struggle between Islamic religious forms and between prescriptive and repressive doctrine of faiths, which is one of the two great strategic issues of our time—along with the redefinition of the socio-economic roles of women, their transition from being the property of men to being equal partners with men (which is the most profound social development in human history). The hard men from that religion’s ancient homelands are determined to frustrate every exploratory effort they can. The Muslim extremist from the Middle East has one consistent message: Return to the past, for that is what God wants. Beware, no matter his faith, of the man who presumes to tell you what God wants. It cannot be accomplished, of course, this longed-for return to a golden age of sanctity and success, that is mostly myth, is gone. But the bloody-handed terrorists and their mentors are determined to pay any price to frustrate those Muslims who believe that God is capable of smiling, or that it is possible to change the earth without challenging Heaven. Our civilization represents progress on a path "away" from God and they will not have it or allow their people to taste it. For the extremists it is all about righteousness. For the Arab Elite and ruling class it is about control. Either way, it is deadly to us.

I don't think speaking on the true issues behind Islamic extremism and terrorism would have gone over well with the "politically correct" global left or sit too well with the Middle East. Especially, while maintaining a sense of diplomacy for our damn oil. It certainly wouldn't have gotten Saddam out of the picture. Our problems with them would be multiplied by leaps and bounds. I think focusing on the WMD issue in Iraq from intel reports, while parading Iraqi liberation was a good way to ingnite some change in the Middle East. Syria and Iran have the capacity to change on their own. If you feel lied to...so be it. These issues in the Middle East that threaten our future and present securities have existed for a long time and Presidents as far back as Carter have known it. Imagine if Carter, Reagan, Bush (Sr.), or Clinton had acted on what they knew was an inevitable future back then. Imagine if Bush (Jr.) just did Afghanistan and allowed a future President to have to deal with the true problems that have created the symptoms of extremism and terrorism while the problems persisted to become more dangerous and more deadly. How many deaths would there be if this civilization was left to correct itself or if we just decided to deal with it later as Presidents of the past have done?

Billo_Really said:
They barely had running water and electricity. They were not a threat to anyone. Read Hans Blix final report.

You still don't get. I have come to the conclusion that you simply refuse to get it.

The threat isn't a terrorist with a gun. It isn't some WMD in the middle of the desert. The threat isn't a guy running around the mountains of Afghanistan. It isn't bombings in Israel. The threat isn't Saddam's tyranny. It isn't a bunch of Arabs and Persians running around the desert with no "running water and electricity." The threat isn't bombings in London, Spain, Indonesia, Jordan, Russia, or India.

These are all symptoms of the true threat. What good does it do to place a bandaid on the cut but ignore the broken arm underneath? Likewise, chasing down terrorist all over the world while allowing a civilization to continue to digress and look towards "martyrdom" for answers would be fruitless.

The true threat is their oppression. It is their life styles. It is their "culture." It is their sense that murdering civilians is a divine right as given to them by God. It is their restrictions on the free flow of information. The threat is their inability to accept responsibility for individual or collective failure. It is that they are dominated by a restrictive religion. The threat is their low valuation of education. The threat is that "blame" is their narcotic of choice. It is in the manner in which they raise their children. The threat is the Arab elite that use their blasphemous version of Islam to control their people. The threat is the Mullahs throughout the Middle East and the world that preach hate and condemn any technological advancement of the west as a direct insult towards "Allah." The futureless masses in the Middle East and in other countries (France) gravitate towards hate and a fundamental belief, because it allows them to place blame off of their shoulders. Jealousy is a natural, deep human emotion, which afflicts us all in our personal lives--to some degree. But when it afflicts an entire civilization, it's tragic.

..so go ahead and focus on concintina snags and complain about WMD in Iraq and "there was no threat." Military and CIA analysts, military and CIA intel, social reformicists, and Middle Eastern experts will continue to focus on what is the threat as they have done for over two decades now. Your quest to remain obtuse on the subject is boring.

Originally Posted by Billo_Really
They barely had running water and electricity. They were not a threat to anyone. Read Hans Blix final report.

You mean the same Hans blixx that was apart of the oil for food scandal?

Originally posted by SKILMATIC:
You mean the same Hans blixx that was apart of the oil for food scandal?
Do I know you? Why does your name ring a bell?

Billo,

Speaking Hanx Blix and his reports and comments, I've been meaning to post this one for your reading pleasure...

This was in a report he issued just a few months before the invasion:

The discovery of a number of 122-mm chemical rocket warheads in a bunker at a storage depot 170 km southwest of Baghdad was much publicized. This was a relatively new bunker, and therefore the rockets must have been moved there in the past few years, at a time when Iraq should not have had such munitions. . . . They could also be the tip of a submerged iceberg. The discovery of a few rockets does not resolve but rather points to the issue of several thousands of chemical rockets that are unaccounted for.

Blix, when asked about the above, responded this way,

Blix now claims that he was only being “cautious” here, but if, as he now also adds, the Bush administration “misled itself” in interpreting the evidence before it, he at the very least lent it a helping hand [emphasis added].

Source.

oldreliable67 said:
Billo,

Speaking Hanx Blix and his reports and comments, I've been meaning to post this one for your reading pleasure...

This was in a report he issued just a few months before the invasion:

Blix, when asked about the above, responded this way,

Source.

Nice work. Then there's this:

Date: Dec 4, 2002
Place: al-Muthanna
Outfit: UN inspectors
Finding: mustard gas & shells
Effects:
Source: [UN, AP, Fox News]

Date: Apr 5, 2003
Place: Euphrates River near Nasiriyah
Outfit: marines
Finding: mustard gas and cyanide [believed to have been dumped in the Euphrates either by Iraqi soldiers fleeing from American troops or local factories that produced weapons of mass destruction.]
Effects:
Source: [London Daily Telegraph; MSNBC, citing marine officials]

Place: Albu Muhawish on the Euphrates River about 100km south of Baghdad
Outfit: 101st Airborne
Finding: tabun and sarin, plus 55-gallon chemical drums, hundreds of gas masks and chemical suits
Effects: more than a dozen soldiers; vomiting, dizziness and skin blotches. [soldiers hosed down with water and bleach]
Source: [Knight Ridder reporter, and CNN]

Date: Apr 6, 2003
Place: near airport Karbala, just south of Hindiyah
Finding: two dozen drums that initially tested positive for Sarin and mustard gas
Effects: 11 soldiers, were treated for symptoms of low-level exposure - vomiting, dizziness and skin blotches.
Source: [Major Michael Hamlet, 101st, cited by Reuters ]

Date: Apr 7, 2003
Place: near Baghdad
Outfit: 1st Marine Division
Finding: 20 medium-range BM-21 missiles equipped with sarin and mustard gas
Effects:
Source: [per top marine official cited in NPR, Fox News]

Date: Apr 10, 2003
Finding: mobile biological- or chemical-weapons lab
Effects:
Source: [Fox News, Rick Leventhal]

Date: Apr 9, 11, 2003
Place: underground tunnels at al Tawaitha facility, 18 mi. south of Baghdad
Finding: stocks of low-grade nuclear materials, uranium and possibly plutonium
Effects: radiation levels are high [many drums of highly radioactive material]
Source: [Capt. John Seegar; Pittsburgh Tribune-Review][Lt. Cmdr. Charles Owens]

Date: Apr 12, 2003
Place: northern Iraqi air base in Kirkut
Outfit: army intelligence posting
Finding: chemical warhead with trace amounts of nerve gas
Effects:
Source: [military sources to CNN]

Date: Apr 25, 2003
Place: site east of Bayji, Iraq
Outfit: U.S. Special Forces reconnaissance team later: experts from Army's 1-10 Cavalry
Finding: a dozen 55-gallon drums; mixture of three chemicals, including a nerve agent and blistering agent
Effects:
Source: [Lt. Col. Ted Martin of the 10th Cavalry Regiment; Lt. Valerie Phipps, cited by ABC News]

Date: May 9, 2003
Place: near Mosul, Iraq
Finding: mobile biological weapons laboratory [incomplete]
Effects:
Source: [Army Maj. Gen. David H. Petraeus]

Date: Oct 4, 2003
Place: Iraqi scientist's refrigerator
Outfit: U.S. arms inspectors led by David Kay
Finding: vial of botulinum bacteria [the most poisonous substance known to man]
Effects:
Source: [Richard Boucher, State Dept. spokesman to Agence France-Presse WorldNetDaily.com]

Date: May - Oct, 2003
Place: various parts of Iraq
Finding: "a clandestine network of biological laboratories"; dozens of WMD- related program activities and significant amounts of equipment"
Effects:
Source: [Richard Boucher, State Dept. spokesman to Agence France-Presse, WorldNetDaily.com]

Date: Oct 4, 2003 [earlier in wk]
Place: smuggled from Iraq to Kuwait [destination:. a Eur. country]
Outfit: Kuwaiti security forces
Finding: biological and chemical weapons, and biological. warheads
Effects:
Source: [Kuwaiti newspaper Al-Siyassah WorldNetDaily.com]

Date: January 4, 2004
Place: Al Quarnah near Basra
Outfit: Danish troops
Finding: 200 Iraqi mortar shells containing a deadly liquid blister agent
Effects: Multiple tests [conducted in Iraq by Danish and British experts] all confirm shells contain blister agent
Source: Danish official sources to Fox News Channel, Reuters and the Associated Press [find also confirmed by Ali Nimir, a former colonel in an Iraqi Republican Guard artillery unit]

Date: April 17, 2004
Place: Amman, Jordan, 75 miles from the Syrian border [believed derived from Iraq]
Outfit: Jordanian officials
Finding: al-Qaida car "carried explosives, a chemical bomb and poisonous gas."
Effects: "The bomb, had it been detonated, could have affected people in a one-kilometer radius and cause the deaths of up to 20,000 people," Jordanian officials told Maariv.
Source: Jordanian officials to the London-based newspaper al-Hayat ; see also the Israeli newspaper Maariv; U.P.I.

Date: April 26, 2004
Place: Baghdad
Outfit: U.S. troops
Finding: workshop "suspected of producing and supplying chemical agents" to Iraqi insurgents]
Effects: [workshop exploded in flames Monday moments after U.S. troops broke in to search it]
Source: Brig. Gen. Mark Kimmitt; Fox News; A.P.

Date: c. May 3, 2004
Outfit: U.S. military units
Finding: artillery shell containing trace elements of mustard agent
Effects: [analysis confirmed]
Source: senior Bush Admin. official to Fox News

Date: [rptd] May 17, 2004
Finding: 155-millimeter artillery shell containing chemical cweapon sarin
Effects: two American soldiers who removed the round had symptoms of low-level nerve agent exposure [analysis confirmed]
Source: Brig. Gen. Mark Kimmitt to Fox News

Date: late June, 2004; rptd July 2, 2004
Place: South-central Iraq
Outfit: Polish troops
Finding: 16-17 warheads, containing cyclosarin, a deadly nerve agent
Effects: a very toxic gas, five times stronger than sarin and five times more durable
Source: Gen. Marek Dukaczewski and Polish Gen. Mieczyslaw Bieniek to Polish TV; A.P., Newsmax

Date: 1999 - 2000 [causes]; 2003-2004[effects]
Place: [cause] laboratories outside Iraq [per Iraqi defector quoting Saddam]; Cuba [per Cuban defectors]
Outfit: Iraqi and Cuban defectors [causes]; health officials [effects]
Finding: strain SV 141 of the West Nile virus
Effects: [initial effects] Florida Keys and eastern half of U.S., now spreading throughout U.S. and Israel
Source: Richard Preston in The New Yorker magazine, (7/12/99); Joseph Farah in WND, (6/27/04)

Date: June 19 -23, 2004
Place: sprawling Tuwaitha nuclear complex, 12 miles south of Baghdad [removed to U.S.]
Outfit: U.S. nuclear authorities (U.S. National Nuclear Security Admin.)
Finding: (1) c. 1.8 tons of uranium, enriched to a level of 2.6 %, (2) 6.6 lbs. of low-enriched uranium, (3) c. 1,000 highly radioactive sources*
Effects: *[3, cont.] that could be used in so-called "dirty bombs"
Source: (1) Spencer Abraham, U.S. Energy Scty.; (2) Paul Longsworth, Dep.Admin. for def. nuclear nonprolif. in the U.S. Natl. Nuclear Secur. Admin., (A.P., 7/07/04)

Billo_Really said:
Do I know you? Why does your name ring a bell?

Maybe because this morning I woke up in your bed. :rofl :2wave:

Maybe because this morning I woke up in your bed.
And you didn't even say, "Please!"

BWAHAHAAHA!!! Oh i love you billo.
Well..........OK..........mmmm..........uhhhh..........thanks, SKIL............I think...........I'm so confused!

Billo_Really said:
Well..........OK..........mmmm..........uhhhh..........thanks, SKIL............I think...........I'm so confused!

Your welcome Billo. Nice to see you too.

Your welcome Billo. Nice to see you too.
You haven't yet, but I am thinking of posting something in the member pic thread soon.

Billo_Really said:
You haven't yet, but I am thinking of posting something in the member pic thread soon.

Well I already did. However, it may take you awhile to find me cause i dont even know what page i am in.

There is only one problem with this mountain of intentionally confusing common-knowledge rehash that has nothing to do with any proof of deception (other than the fact that a fanatic with as little credibility as Bull Oreally is providing it)- it relies entirely on the word of people like Richard Clark.

Count them, 1-2-3-4-5-6, 6 different independent, non-partisan committees have investigated the matter and found not one single piece of evidence that President Bush lied (and there still is no proof that Bush was even wrong, being that the WMD we know WERE there are still unaccounted for).

Beyond that, France, Germany, and EVERY OTHER WESTERN POWER, with their own intelligence gathering, independently came to the same exact conclusions about the WMD that we did.

Sorry, Bull Oreally, you are just going to have to find another way to manufacture outrage against Republicans. Keep grinding that axe, it shows your true colors.

As I have said many times before, there is no evidence. With Democrats there never is evidence, only hysteria, exaggeration, and conspiracy theories. It is truly sad.

:lol:

MUST READ:

Let's just get to know a little bit about the kind of person Bull Oreally wants us to take the word of...

Richard Clarke was a career nobody in Washington who claims to have worked on the inside, fighting terrorism successfully for years before Bush took office (these would be the years when Al Queda was attacking the U.S.S. Cole, the U.S. embassies in Africa, and four other U.S. targets with impunity from Democrats like Bill Clinton and Richard Clarke).

He was passed over for National Security Adviser by President Bush for Condi Rice. Condi Rice then demoted him. (His book spends a decent amount of time smearing Rice)

To give you some perspective, Gary Aldrich's book about being inside the Clinton White House came out and Clinton's Chief Of Staff, George Stephanopolous, requested that it be given no media coverage, prompting CNN's Larry King and Dateline to cancel their scheduled interviews in relation to it. Later, the accusations in Aldrich's book were proven true when the Monica Lewinsky scandal broke.

But when Richard Clarke released his "tell all" book, he got immediate interviews on all three networks, CNN's Larry King, and George Stephanopolous's newscast. Within days of being published, Clarke's accusations were already being disproven.

One of his gems was a laughably unrealistic converstion he supposedly had with Rice where HE warned HER about Al Queda :lol: (what is so funny about that? When this pissant was supposedly informing HER about Al Queda, she had already written three books on foreign policy, been a member of the Center for International Security and Arms Control, been a political science professor for years, and was a member of MENSA.)

According to Clarke, when he mentioned Al Queda, she seemed confused, "like she had never heard of Al Queda."

Conservatives had a field day playing clips of her speaking, at length, about Al Queda over a year before this conversation allegedly took place.

It is undeniably clear that Clarke had a vandetta and was lying through his teeth. He was passed over for his dream job, and demoted by the woman who got it instead of him. Then he left the White House and wrote a book smearing the Bush administration, with a special focus on Condi.

This is the guy Bull Oreally wants us to just take at their word? What Bull Oreally has put out here is not proof of Bush lying. It is an intentionally confusing mountain of irrelevant information and testimony by this totally discredited, disgruntled, ex-White House employee and others like him.

When I say Bull Oreally has no credibility, this is exactly what I am talking about. :cool:

Last edited:
KCConservative said:
Nice work. Then there's this:

Date: Dec 4, 2002
Place: al-Muthanna
Outfit: UN inspectors
Finding: mustard gas & shells
Effects:
Source: [UN, AP, Fox News]

Place: Euphrates River near Nasiriyah
Finding: mustard gas and cyanide [believed to have been dumped in the Euphrates either by Iraqi soldiers fleeing from American troops or local factories that produced weapons of mass destruction.]
Effects:
Source: [London Daily Telegraph; MSNBC, citing marine officials]

Place: Albu Muhawish on the Euphrates River about 100km south of Baghdad
Finding: tabun and sarin, plus 55-gallon chemical drums, hundreds of gas masks and chemical suits
Effects: more than a dozen soldiers; vomiting, dizziness and skin blotches. [soldiers hosed down with water and bleach]
Source: [Knight Ridder reporter, and CNN]

Date: Apr 6, 2003
Place: near airport Karbala, just south of Hindiyah
Finding: two dozen drums that initially tested positive for Sarin and mustard gas
Effects: 11 soldiers, were treated for symptoms of low-level exposure - vomiting, dizziness and skin blotches.
Source: [Major Michael Hamlet, 101st, cited by Reuters ]

Date: Apr 7, 2003
Outfit: 1st Marine Division
Finding: 20 medium-range BM-21 missiles equipped with sarin and mustard gas
Effects:
Source: [per top marine official cited in NPR, Fox News]

Date: Apr 10, 2003
Finding: mobile biological- or chemical-weapons lab
Effects:
Source: [Fox News, Rick Leventhal]

Date: Apr 9, 11, 2003
Place: underground tunnels at al Tawaitha facility, 18 mi. south of Baghdad
Finding: stocks of low-grade nuclear materials, uranium and possibly plutonium
Effects: radiation levels are high [many drums of highly radioactive material]
Source: [Capt. John Seegar; Pittsburgh Tribune-Review][Lt. Cmdr. Charles Owens]

Date: Apr 12, 2003
Place: northern Iraqi air base in Kirkut
Outfit: army intelligence posting
Finding: chemical warhead with trace amounts of nerve gas
Effects:
Source: [military sources to CNN]

Date: Apr 25, 2003
Place: site east of Bayji, Iraq
Outfit: U.S. Special Forces reconnaissance team later: experts from Army's 1-10 Cavalry
Finding: a dozen 55-gallon drums; mixture of three chemicals, including a nerve agent and blistering agent
Effects:
Source: [Lt. Col. Ted Martin of the 10th Cavalry Regiment; Lt. Valerie Phipps, cited by ABC News]

Date: May 9, 2003
Place: near Mosul, Iraq
Finding: mobile biological weapons laboratory [incomplete]
Effects:
Source: [Army Maj. Gen. David H. Petraeus]

Date: Oct 4, 2003
Place: Iraqi scientist's refrigerator
Finding: vial of botulinum bacteria [the most poisonous substance known to man]
Effects:
Source: [Richard Boucher, State Dept. spokesman to Agence France-Presse WorldNetDaily.com]

Date: May - Oct, 2003
Place: various parts of Iraq
Finding: "a clandestine network of biological laboratories"; dozens of WMD- related program activities and significant amounts of equipment"
Effects:
Source: [Richard Boucher, State Dept. spokesman to Agence France-Presse, WorldNetDaily.com]

Date: Oct 4, 2003 [earlier in wk]
Place: smuggled from Iraq to Kuwait [destination:. a Eur. country]
Outfit: Kuwaiti security forces
Finding: biological and chemical weapons, and biological. warheads
Effects:
Source: [Kuwaiti newspaper Al-Siyassah WorldNetDaily.com]

Date: January 4, 2004
Place: Al Quarnah near Basra
Outfit: Danish troops
Finding: 200 Iraqi mortar shells containing a deadly liquid blister agent
Effects: Multiple tests [conducted in Iraq by Danish and British experts] all confirm shells contain blister agent
Source: Danish official sources to Fox News Channel, Reuters and the Associated Press [find also confirmed by Ali Nimir, a former colonel in an Iraqi Republican Guard artillery unit]

Date: April 17, 2004
Place: Amman, Jordan, 75 miles from the Syrian border [believed derived from Iraq]
Outfit: Jordanian officials
Finding: al-Qaida car "carried explosives, a chemical bomb and poisonous gas."
Effects: "The bomb, had it been detonated, could have affected people in a one-kilometer radius and cause the deaths of up to 20,000 people," Jordanian officials told Maariv.
Source: Jordanian officials to the London-based newspaper al-Hayat ; see also the Israeli newspaper Maariv; U.P.I.

Date: April 26, 2004
Outfit: U.S. troops
Finding: workshop "suspected of producing and supplying chemical agents" to Iraqi insurgents]
Effects: [workshop exploded in flames Monday moments after U.S. troops broke in to search it]
Source: Brig. Gen. Mark Kimmitt; Fox News; A.P.

Date: c. May 3, 2004
Finding: artillery shell containing trace elements of mustard agent
Effects: [analysis confirmed]
Source: senior Bush Admin. official to Fox News

Date: [rptd] May 17, 2004
Finding: 155-millimeter artillery shell containing chemical cweapon sarin
Effects: two American soldiers who removed the round had symptoms of low-level nerve agent exposure [analysis confirmed]
Source: Brig. Gen. Mark Kimmitt to Fox News

Date: late June, 2004; rptd July 2, 2004
Place: South-central Iraq
Outfit: Polish troops
Finding: 16-17 warheads, containing cyclosarin, a deadly nerve agent
Effects: a very toxic gas, five times stronger than sarin and five times more durable
Source: Gen. Marek Dukaczewski and Polish Gen. Mieczyslaw Bieniek to Polish TV; A.P., Newsmax

Date: 1999 - 2000 [causes]; 2003-2004[effects]
Place: [cause] laboratories outside Iraq [per Iraqi defector quoting Saddam]; Cuba [per Cuban defectors]
Outfit: Iraqi and Cuban defectors [causes]; health officials [effects]
Finding: strain SV 141 of the West Nile virus
Effects: [initial effects] Florida Keys and eastern half of U.S., now spreading throughout U.S. and Israel
Source: Richard Preston in The New Yorker magazine, (7/12/99); Joseph Farah in WND, (6/27/04)

Date: June 19 -23, 2004
Place: sprawling Tuwaitha nuclear complex, 12 miles south of Baghdad [removed to U.S.]
Outfit: U.S. nuclear authorities (U.S. National Nuclear Security Admin.)
Finding: (1) c. 1.8 tons of uranium, enriched to a level of 2.6 %, (2) 6.6 lbs. of low-enriched uranium, (3) c. 1,000 highly radioactive sources*
Effects: *[3, cont.] that could be used in so-called "dirty bombs"
Source: (1) Spencer Abraham, U.S. Energy Scty.; (2) Paul Longsworth, Dep.Admin. for def. nuclear nonprolif. in the U.S. Natl. Nuclear Secur. Admin., (A.P., 7/07/04)

Hearsay is meaningless.

The burden of proof lies upon physical evidence and or credible testimony. THe only credible testimony in this issue comes from former Ambassador Joe Wilson. In a court of law your futile attempts would hardly even be given the benefit of the poop-eating grin.

"could be"
"would be"
Possibility
Not probability
=
Paranoid

it was blatenly obvious to anyone who bothered to listen, that Bush was lying when he attempted to present a valid case for invading Iraq.

If a guy trying to sell me a used car had been that insincere, id have walked off the lot immediately. I refuse to believe that anyone in their right mind believed his lies. It seems that all you have to do is repeat the words, "WMD's, Evil, Brutal, Freedom & Democracy" over and over and over, and the public will buy what you are selling.

Colin Powell has confessed to his lies at the UN about Iraq, once again it was so obvious at the time, im amazed anyone believed it.

There seems to be a golden rule amongst people who pigeon hole themselves as "left" or as "right". That rule is that they have to blindly support anything and everything that their "team" is saying. Regardless of whether it makes sense or not.

If people actually thought for themselves, there never would have been a wrongful invasion of Iraq.

BTW, Clinton first stressed the need to invade Iraq in 1998, it was on the basis that they had to force a regime change. Bush was just following up on what Clinton started. The whole left and right paradigm is just there to divide you all and fool you into believing you have a choice.

Back
Top Bottom