• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

PROOF Bush LIED about Iraq!

Originally posted by thoracle:
BILLO's 'evidence'
"The Iraqi dictator must not be permitted to threaten America and the world with horrible poisons and diseases and gases and atomic weapons."

Unless you think that Saddam should be allowed to do it, this is not a LIE, it's a political opinion.
He is infering Hussein had these weapons and giving the illusion this was a real threat which couldn't be farther from the truth. When you look at this statement in the backdrop of DSM, yes, this is clearly a lie.

"LIE #1: "The evidence indicates that Iraq is reconstituting its nuclear weapons program ... Iraq has attempted to purchase high-strength aluminum tubes and other equipment needed for gas centrifuges, which are used to enrich uranium for nuclear weapons."

The (albeit faulty) evidence did indicate that. Not a lie.

""The British government has learned that Saddam Hussein recently sought significant quantities of uranium from Africa."

Even the lefty nut Wilson, that you quoted in your factless 'FACT' section admitted that Saddam SOUGHT to purchase the yellow cake. He just said that Saddam never actually got it.
There was no evidence that said that. The British government told the CIA they could not trust their source "curveball". And the CIA told Bush this nine months before his State of the Union address but Bush blew them off and went with the story anyway. Which makes this a lie.

"We believe [Saddam] has, in fact, reconstituted nuclear weapons."

Surprised you let this one slip into your post. How do you REconstitute a weapons program that never existed? Hmmm. Cheney said he believed this to be true. You should recognize a spin doctor slipping the word 'fact' into an opinion (you do it constantly) An opinion cannot be a lie.
No one said they never had one. It just hadn't existed since 1992.

"We've learned that Iraq has trained al-Qaeda members in bomb-making and poisons and deadly gases ... Alliance with terrorists could allow the Iraqi regime to attack America without leaving any fingerprints."

The ansar-al-islam (known al qaeda associates) camp in the northern no fly zone was only surveiled from the sky, (not with ground troops, so any 'under the tent' activities would be unaffected by being in the no fly zone) and I don't think it's main function was as a bingo hall. Also, Al qaeda put out videos of themselves actually USING poison gasses on animals, so I don't think this is too far fetched. The statement "Alliance with terrorists could allow the Iraqi regime to attack America without leaving any fingerprints." is both a fact and a compelling reason to overthrow the dictator.
How the hell are they going to attack America? They don't have a navy! How are they going to get over here?

"We have also discovered through intelligence that Iraq has a growing fleet of manned and unmanned aerial vehicles that could be used to disperse chemical or biological weapons across broad areas. We are concerned that Iraq is exploring ways of using these UAVs [unmanned aerial vehicles] for missions targeting the United States."

All the drones we fly didn't have to take off from DC to get to Iraq, now did they? I would argue also that our military bases abroad and our allies were included in the term 'United States'. They are not all inside the 50 states, you know.
I'm confused, who has the drones?

"Our conservative estimate is that Iraq today has a stockpile of between 100 and 500 tons of chemical weapons agent. That is enough to fill 16,000 battlefield rockets."

Now we know this is not true thanks to the wonders of hindsight. But the sentence says Our conservative estimate, which means essentially, educated opinion. Again, an opinion cannot be a lie.
No, it just means it's a conservative lie. Conservatives do lie. And they do lie a lot. Especially, that punk-ass Vice President.

"We know where [Iraq's WMD] are. They're in the area around Tikrit and Baghdad and east, west, south, and north somewhat."

One point for you, that is a lie.
Actually, the score is 7-0. But who's counting. It's a team win.

"Yes, we found a biological laboratory in Iraq which the UN prohibited."

The president jumped the gun here by drawing conclusions from initial reports. However, he and everybody else thought, (not knew) that this find was what it initially seemed to be. Still not a lie, though.
Nice try. When you say you have something when you don't, that's a lie.

BTW, The village idiot pic is pretty clever. Thanks for the laugh.
Your welcome.

Also, my eternal gratitude to OJ for defending his country honorably instead of stabbing it in the back like a visionless coward.
I have 20/20 vision and do not play with knives.

Billo_Really said:
He is infering Hussein had these weapons and giving the illusion this was a real threat which couldn't be farther from the truth. When you look at this statement in the backdrop of DSM, yes, this is clearly a lie.

There was no evidence that said that. The British government told the CIA they could not trust their source "curveball". And the CIA told Bush this nine months before his State of the Union address but Bush blew them off and went with the story anyway. Which makes this a lie.

No one said they never had one. It just hadn't existed since 1992.

How the hell are they going to attack America? They don't have a navy! How are they going to get over here?

I'm confused, who has the drones?

No, it just means it's a conservative lie. Conservatives do lie. And they do lie a lot. Especially, that punk-ass Vice President.

Actually, the score is 7-0. But who's counting. It's a team win.

Nice try. When you say you have something when you don't, that's a lie.

Your welcome.

I have 20/20 vision and do not play with knives.
"He is infering Hussein had these weapons and giving the illusion this was a real threat which couldn't be farther from the truth. When you look at this statement in the backdrop of DSM, yes, this is clearly a lie."

You contradict yourself, sir. Inferred or lied? They are not the same.

"There was no evidence that said that. The British government told the CIA they could not trust their source "curveball". And the CIA told Bush this nine months before his State of the Union address but Bush blew them off and went with the story anyway. Which makes this a lie."

They, even Joe Wilson, said he did TRY. You feel you were mislead, that doesn't make it a lie, though.

"No one said they never had one. It just hadn't existed since 1992."

Good old hindsight. Where is the outright lie again?

"How the hell are they going to attack America? They don't have a navy! How are they going to get over here?"

Do the names Atta and Moussaoui ring a bell? They didn't have a navy either, did they?

"I'm confused, who has the drones?"

OK, pay attention, now.....We have the Predator. Saddam had UAV's equipped with chemical spraying abilities too advanced for any other purpose.(crop-dusting, etc.) The point was that you can transport a drone under power not it's own. Get it, now?

"No, it just means it's a conservative lie. Conservatives do lie. And they do lie a lot. Especially, that punk-ass Vice President."

That's all revisionist linguistic hyperbole (to quote one of your fellow America bashers), and you stating your opinion as a fact doesn't make it so..

"Actually, the score is 7-0. But who's counting. It's a team win."

Actually, I count 1-6. Your intentional, self-imposed confusion is not surprising though.

"Nice try. When you say you have something when you don't, that's a lie."

Nice try, yourself. Stating a preliminary evaluation of something you assume to be true at the time of the statement is 'jumping the gun'. You must KNOW it is false to make it a lie.

"I have 20/20 vision and do not play with knives."

Funny, I didn't say I was referring to you, but for some odd reason, you saw fit do defend yourself. Hmmmm....

Billo_Really said:
If Iraq launched an attack against Tehran, we would probably start selling him saran and mustard gas again. We hate Iran more than Iraq.

It was the hardest to show cause because there wasn't any. He might have tackled it first, but his logic is the one that got sacked.

Care to offer some evidence? Post some proof?

Why?

Which happened to be a bunch of lies.

He doesn't give a rat's ass about you and me.

A few bucks?

Right into the garbage.

Doing what?

Sorry, I don't nit, and I don't pick.

Pretty premature Haha on your part. North Korea just announced they were going to discontinue their arms program on the news tonight. Hehe. Hoho. Haha. There coming to take you away .....

I have. Do the math!
"If Iraq launched an attack against Tehran, we would probably start selling him saran and mustard gas again. We hate Iran more than Iraq."

Sorry to go over your head there. WE will be attacking Iran FROM Iraq. Got it now?

"It was the hardest to show cause because there wasn't any. He might have tackled it first, but his logic is the one that got sacked."

Wasn't any? Azealotous comment. There wasn't enough for you, but a mushroom cloud in LA wouldn't be enough for you. Do you think he cares whether you sack his logic (which you haven't anyway) after his goal is accomplished? I imagine not.

"Care to offer some evidence? Post some proof?"

Anyone who has read your posts can see that you take everything about this subject and twist it to suit your 'tip of the left wing' agenda. Any fool who is aware of the definition of the term, 'spin doctors' knows that you are one.

"Why?"

Because he is much better at his craft than you are. He spun to get a war; he got it. You are spinning to get an Impeachment trial; you are failing miserably. Hence, cause for applause.

"Which happened to be a bunch of lies."

Nope. A bunch of spin, maybe. Look up lie in the dictionary. You apparently have a much wider definition than Webster's.

"He doesn't give a rat's ass about you and me."

PURE 100% LEFTY SPIN OPINION. As usual.

"A few bucks?"

Oh, for shame! You got me! A few billion bucks. Feel better?

"Right into the garbage."

If his goal was to 1) get the war, 2)kill terrorists, 3) Outsmart you lefties, I say he's winning on all counts. Maybe you should wish your agenda goes 'right into the garbage', too, huh?

"Doing what?"

Spinning to get his way. Sorry to speak over your head.

"Sorry, I don't nit, and I don't pick."

Bwahahahahaha! Read some of your own posts! That's all you America-haters can do is nitpick and bitch.

"Pretty premature Haha on your part. North Korea just announced they were going to discontinue their arms program on the news tonight. Hehe. Hoho. Haha. There coming to take you away ....."

Nope, it's right on time. I suppose you think Kim Jong Il was afraid of you liberal ******s, so he gave up his weapons, right? YAY, George!! Yet another nail in the coffin of the bashers.

"I have. Do the math!"

Sentences which start and/or end with ...... , Are selectively edited. You do that constantly. Eureka! I just discovered the problem! You are doing the math when you should be doing the reading. You're welcome, Doc.

PS your hero Herrman was right. Worked on you didn't it?

nkgupta80 said:
Whats that have to do with anything. Rather, the colon is what makes it read that way.

Bush: (is) one of the worse disasters to hit the US.
I'll take it you failed english?

The colon is often used to introduce a list of items. For example:

You will need to bring three things to the party: some food, something to drink, and a small gift for the hostess. http://web2.uvcs.uvic.ca/elc/studyzone/410/grammar/colons.htm
http://www.getitwriteonline.com/archive/111602.htm
How did ":" become is? "I guess the world is whatever you make of it"-Bender

Last edited:
Billo_Really said:
Did you not see this....

You either missed it. Or your calling me a liar. Because if you didn't miss it, and are not calling me a liar, then you wouldn't be asking this........

Keep trying, maybe your luck will change.
Why do you take everything, as an offense to calling you a liar? Yes I am well aware it is not a doctured picture, it was probably taken using a conventional camera. But I was just intrigued on how you read the headline on the TV, more than the picture itself. That was my response.

Last edited:
Originally posted by stsburns:
Why do you take everything, as an offense to calling you a liar? Yes I am well aware it is not a doctured picture, it was probably taken using a conventional camera. But I was just intrigued on how you read the headline on the TV, more than the picture itself. That was my response.
If you would just go back to your old ways and say something obviously vicious, that would really make me feel a lot better. I'm getting sick of apologizing. And as far as my last post is concerned, I'm sorry.

Billo_Really said:
If you would just go back to your old ways and say something obviously vicious, that would really make me feel a lot better. I'm getting sick of apologizing. And as far as my last post is concerned, I'm sorry.
I'm trying reverse psychology, you dont like?????? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I'm trying reverse psychology, you dont like??????
"When you can take the pebble from my hand, grasshopper, it will be time for you to leave".

Billo_Really said:
"When you can take the pebble from my hand, grasshopper, it will be time for you to leave".
"Wish in one hand, crap in another, see which hand fills up first."

Of course Bush lied about Iraq. How else would he have been able to get the American people behind him to launch an unconstitutional war for oil???

Originally posted by ChristopherHall:
Of course Bush lied about Iraq. How else would he have been able to get the American people behind him to launch an unconstitutional war for oil???
Thank you for your great post. And welcome to debate politics. But be on the lookout, the "schrub club" is alive and well on this board.

"Wish in one hand, crap in another, see which hand fills up first."
No arguement here. Your hand is definately full of it.

Billo_Really said:
Thank you for your great post. And welcome to debate politics. But be on the lookout, the "schrub club" is alive and well on this board.

While I am a conservative, I must say the Bush Misadministration frightens me. Never have I seen government grow so fast, money be spent so quickly, and civil liberties become so threatened. I am one conservative who will be glad to see Bush go. The Constitution as writen by our founders never intended a single person to have enough power to wage war. War requires an act of Congress. An official Congressional Declaration of War. Therefore I see this war as unconstitutional. I also believe America has no right meddling in the affairs of other nations. While America certainly supports the effort of oppressed people to gain their freedom, America should be the protector of her own alone. We should not seek to police the world. It is not our place nor is it our duty. Liberating the Iraqi people is something the Iraqi people should be able to do for themselves. In regards to the War on Terror I believe the Patriot Act is a monstrocity that must abolished. Also I believe our sole focus should have been the individuals who attacked us...al Queda and namely Osama bin Laden.

Bush has really damaged our nation and the creditability of the United States Government. It is the duty of every American to see to it that regimes such as this one never gain power again.

Last edited:

Yes it is and do you have proof that he lied about iraq? No? Well that takes care of this thread.

Originally posted by ChristopherHall:
While I am a conservative, I must say the Bush Misadministration frightens me. Never have I seen government grow so fast, money be spent so quickly, and civil liberties become so threatened. I am one conservative who will be glad to see Bush go. The Constitution as writen by our founders never intended a single person to have enough power to wage war. War requires an act of Congress. An official Congressional Declaration of War. Therefore I see this war as unconstitutional. I also believe America has no right meddling in the affairs of other nations. While America certainly supports the effort of oppressed people to gain their freedom, America should be the protector of her own alone. We should not seek to police the world. It is not our place nor is it our duty. Liberating the Iraqi people is something the Iraqi people should be able to do for themselves. In regards to the War on Terror I believe the Patriot Act is a monstrocity that must abolished. Also I believe our sole focus should have been the individuals who attacked us...al Queda and namely Osama bin Laden.

Bush has really damaged our nation and the creditability of the United States Government. It is the duty of every American to see to it that regimes such as this one never gain power again.
Your a breath of fresh air. Fresh logical air. I wish other conservatives could see the world with as much clear vision and common sense as you do. I'm sure a lot of them do. Some are even on this board (Simon Moon comes to mind).

I agree with everything you just said. Yet I'm accused of being a liberal and a lefty. Again, welcome to DP.

if America wants to have a war on terrorism they should start at the white house and move up to the ELITE
I am positive once the war is over you will have no more terrorists to fight
after that
that war will never be fought though as the ELITE has total power over eveyone ever minute of the day
and neither party can but submit to the ELite like the harlots they are

today they will have us believe on one hand America is the sole world power on this planet yet a bunch of rag headed poor destitute people
can not be subdued even using deplete uranium bombs on them
after years of fighting in the second iraq war :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
if anyone believes that this is possible please see a doctor you are senseless
in effect they want you to believe the impossible that after 2 wars with iraq and years of fighting you the world's sole world power cannot subdue a third world nation with a broken back despite the use of dpleted nukes !
sure Bush lied read my lips they are all liars
the iraq war is an oil grab nothing more the fighting will never end and USA will be in iraq untill the oil dries up and not a moment longer
the only people that dispute this are people with an agenda or people with thick skulls
READ MY LIPS THEY ARE ALL LIARS

and anyone that says im a democrat or a republican
IS being duped by the harlot
both parties are one and the same front men for the elite run both

Last edited:
Oil grab, right.

That's why we are all paying up wards of 3.00 dollars a gallon. Michael Moore and people like you should get another conspiracy theory, it doesn't hold any water.

Originally posted by Canuck:
both parties are one and the same front men for the elite run both
You are absolutely right.

ChristopherHall said:

I'm not a conservative and even I don't buy this conspiracy theory. If you would care to support some empirical evidence or substantial documentation then you could at least add some credence to this fallacious claim. Until then, this is nothing but rhetoric.

Originally posted by SixStringHero:
I'm not a conservative and even I don't buy this conspiracy theory. If you would care to support some empirical evidence or substantial documentation then you could at least add some credence to this fallacious claim. Until then, this is nothing but rhetoric.
You didn't notice that we privatized practically their entire economy and that the Iraqi government still does not have control over their own oil reserves.

Billo_Really said:
You didn't notice that we privatized practically their entire economy and that the Iraqi government still does not have control over their own oil reserves.

Privatizing economy: taking it from the government's hands.
Control of Iraqi Oil revenue: given back to the Iraqis upon handover of severeignty, 28 JUN 2004.

Not sure what your point is. Certainly it isnt that the US controls Iraq's economy.

Billo_Really said:

Well, when exactly is it that we're going to TAKE the oil and line up the tankers twelve deep outside Galveston and Houston?

'Coz I think right about NOW would be a good time. Yet, it isn't happening . . .

Except possibly in someone's ultra-paranoiac mind.

Originally posted by Harshaw:
Well, when exactly is it that we're going to TAKE the oil and line up the tankers twelve deep outside Galveston and Houston?

'Coz I think right about NOW would be a good time. Yet, it isn't happening . . .

Except possibly in someone's ultra-paranoiac mind.
Don't change the subject. Deal with what I said.

Originally posted by M14 Shooter:
Privatizing economy: taking it from the government's hands.
Control of Iraqi Oil revenue: given back to the Iraqis upon handover of severeignty, 28 JUN 2004.

Not sure what your point is. Certainly it isnt that the US controls Iraq's economy.
Do your homework, junior. We haven't given back control of the oil. Nor their banks.

if we were talking about a priest or a minister of faith I would need solid evidence

when dealing with a snake a mountain of circumstnatial evidence goes an awfull long ways

the dots are there ,connect them and see where it leads you

americans are born with a snake in both their fists
with a huricane blowing

one snake is an ass the other is an elephant

Back
Top Bottom