• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Promises, Promises

Cold Highway

Dispenser of Negativity
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Newburgh, New York and World 8: Dark Land
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Before even examining the text of the "Pledge to America," I would like to point out two major practical problems. First, like the "Contract with America," this is a House Republican document. And like what happened with the "Contract with American," there is no guarantee that Senate Republicans will pass legislation proposed by the House – assuming that Republicans even regain control of the Senate. The second problem is, like what happened with the "Contract with America," we have a Democratic president with veto power. So, even if the Pledge is a good thing (it isn’t), and even if the Republicans are sincere (they aren’t), there is no guarantee that Republicans will accomplish anything even if they do win back control of the House. And as it was pointed back out in 2000: "The combined budgets of the 95 major programs that the Contract with America promised to eliminate have increased by 13%." Is there any doubt that things will turn out any different this time?

This plan "to keep our nation secure at home and abroad" is sure to create more terrorists, further erode civil liberties in the name of national security and fighting the war on drugs, line the pockets of the military-industrial and security-industrial complexes, further blacken the name of the United States throughout the world, provoke a war with Iran, further bankrupt the treasury, senselessly cause more U.S. troops to die in vain, and unjustly kill more foreigners.

If it wasnt for their track record I would disgree with Vance but he is 100% correct. In addition I strongly doubt that anyone (other than Ron Paul) will prove me wrong.

Promises, Promises by Laurence M. Vance

If it wasnt for their track record I would disgree with Vance but he is 100% correct. In addition I strongly doubt that anyone (other than Ron Paul) will prove me wrong.

Promises, Promises by Laurence M. Vance

Possibly YOU could name a War in US History where all members of the Enemy Camp/Nation "all deserved to Die" - Name One - Just One.

If Ron Paul was such a Stand Up Guy then possibly he could explain how his 2008 Campaign attracted so many Genuine Liars & Nut Cases.

Everyone deserves to die. That's the only thing in this world we can guarantee will come to all of us.

If Ron Paul was such a Stand Up Guy then possibly he could explain how his 2008 Campaign attracted so many Genuine Liars & Nut Cases.

Everyone attacts nuts, dont act like Paul was the only guy to attract them.

Everyone deserves to die.

Death is always certain but I strongly disagree that everyone deserves it. Explain

Death is always certain but I strongly disagree that everyone deserves it. Explain

My point is that it's ridiculous to talk about whether or not people "deserve to die" in a war, when warfare and death are an inevitable part of nature. Every living thing on this world survives only because of the suffering and death of other living things; we are no different in the infliction of suffering and death, so why should we be surprised that we are no different in the receiving of it? Nature does not care about guilt or innocence, or about the distinction between civilian and soldier; the laws of nature say that losers die and winners only get to live just a little bit longer. Stop worrying and embrace it.

Back
Top Bottom