• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Progressives: Are Caucasians inherently more oppressive than other races?

On the aggregate, blacks have less dollar of instruction per student.

I consider this a problem that has an easy solution.

I want blacks to have the same opportunities as whites.

No you don't. You want blacks to get funding from other people outside their tax area. Taxes are pulled from the area in which the school district lies, not distributed out from some general education fund from the state. If a black family wants their child to get a better education then they can either move to a different area or they could solve it on a societal level and build up their communities and fight against crime there.

Again, you're asking for whities to come in and rescue, pay for, and fix the black community.

No you don't. You want blacks to get funding from other people outside their tax area. Taxes are pulled from the area in which the school district lies, not distributed out from some general education fund from the state. If a black family wants their child to get a better education then they can either move to a different area or they could solve it on a societal level and build up their communities and fight against crime there.

Again, you're asking for whities to come in and rescue, pay for, and fix the black community.

You are speculating. Different states have different rules for funding schools. Public schools receive funding from a multiplicity of sources. My argument is that those funds are being unfairly funneled toward the people who need them least, which is both inefficient and unfair.

Do people in poorer communities have ANY responsibility of their own that doesn't require money? If so, what?

They already have the same responsibilities as anyone else: they have to grow up and live their lives.

They shouldn't have to outperform others in spite of receiving fewer dollars of instruction per student before they become deserving of the same educational investment.

Then you are assuming that we cannot do anything to improve the situation ? I would challenge that assumption.

I didnt assume anything. I didnt even imply it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They already have the same responsibilities as anyone else: they have to grow up and live their lives.

They shouldn't have to outperform others in spite of receiving fewer dollars of instruction per student before they become deserving of the same educational investment.
That wasn't what I was asking, and something tells me you know that.

And what is this about outperforming? Aren't they underachieving? This suggests they aren't acting as responsibly, even though you say they have the same responsibilities (I presume you feel they have the same abilities, so that's not even a question). Isn't equal money ostensibly wanted so they can obtain equal results?

I didnt assume anything. I didnt even imply it.

You didn't imply here that nothing will change even if we spend more money ...?--

It doesnt matter if you tax me more or take tax dollars from my schools. It doesnt matter how you launder the taxes, the reality doesnt change.

That wasn't what I was asking, and something tells me you know that.

And what is this about outperforming? Aren't they underachieving? This suggests they aren't acting as responsibly, even though you say they have the same responsibilities (I presume you feel they have the same abilities, so that's not even a question). Isn't equal money ostensibly wanted so they can obtain equal results?

I don't consider the educational investments in black communities to be equal to white communities.

You can argue that we might equalize the overall dollar per student to equalize the educational investment. I consider minimum dollar of instruction per student to be the appropriate measure of equal educational investment.

I don't consider the educational investments in black communities to be equal to white communities.

You can argue that we might equalize the overall dollar per student to equalize the educational investment. I consider minimum dollar of instruction per student to be the appropriate measure of equal educational investment.

As soon as their communities earn the same dollar of production per worker they will be able to pay the same dollar of instruction per student.

As soon as their communities earn the same dollar of production per worker they will be able to pay the same dollar of instruction per student.

That's an assumption, and not a reasonable one.

Is there any reason you're steadfastly avoiding other factors? I.e.: effort, the individual, results, and so on?

It sounds like you're saying that if we invest equal money we WILL get equal results.

That's an assumption, and not a reasonable one.

If so then there is nothing preventing these communities from spending as much on education as others do.

Back
Top Bottom