• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Profiles in Courage/who has caught your attention? Give kudo(s)

Hugh Thompson, CWO US Army.

He was the whistleblower who blew the whistle on Lt. Calley of My Lai notoriety by landing his helicopter between the advancing US troops and the fleeing villagers of My Lai.

For such courage he was reviled and marginalized by the Army.

This isn't the entire story. He was looked at as a hero later on and received the Soldiers Medal. He then went on to a serve a 20 year career retiring as a Major..

Golda Meir

Golda_Meir_03265u.jpg

When peace comes we will perhaps in time be able to forgive the Arabs for killing our sons, but it will be harder for us to forgive them for having forced us to kill their sons.

Terry Fox. Has to be one of the most loved Canadians by Canada.

maxresdefault.jpg

Was an athelete who developed cancer ending up with the amputation of one leg. Terry then began an east to west run across Canada to raise money and awareness for cancer research. He ran 3,339 miles of the quest but had to end it as the cancer had spread and now was in his lungs.
The Terry Fox Run continues today.

My grandson in Canada has ran it many times.

His popularity was so huge that one could write a letter to him and just write Terry Fox, Canada on it and it would be delivered.

Kudos to Malcolm Nance for leaving his cushy life in the United States to join the battle in Ukraine!
I hope he doesn’t meet his end in the manner of Jim Bowie and Davy Crockett at the Alamo.

Kudos to defrocked San Francisco-based Catholic Priest Tim Stier for taking a decades long stand against the Catholic Church’s coverup of Pedophile Priests, discrimination against women and the LGBTQ Community.

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgur...2ahUKEwiKoJvP0Mj5AhVxieAKHVL1DRsQMygCegQIARA_
He spent 17 years as a priest in exile. His final act: a scorching  'farewell letter' to the Catholic Church1660559137386.jpeg

Kudos to defrocked San Francisco-based Catholic Priest Tim Stier for taking a decades long stand against the Catholic Church’s coverup of Pedophile Priests, discrimination against women and the LGBTQ Community.

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https://s.hdnux.com/photos/01/26/52/26/22717826/3/1200x0.jpg&imgrefurl=https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/article/A-Bay-Area-priest-spent-17-years-protesting-the-17315574.php&tbnid=SEDKKX_G72gTxM&vet=12ahUKEwiKoJvP0Mj5AhVxieAKHVL1DRsQMygCegQIARA_..i&docid=q-rN1HG0D_gZcM&w=1200&h=789&itg=1&q=Tim Stier&hl=en-us&client=safari&ved=2ahUKEwiKoJvP0Mj5AhVxieAKHVL1DRsQMygCegQIARA_
View attachment 67406874View attachment 67406874
"You're not a good fit here" said the church to a decent and moral man.

Kudos to the 4 children, ages 13, 9, 4 and an infant found alive after surviving a plane crash and wandering in the Colombian jungle for 40 days!

What an uplifting story!

Their mom and the other adults aboard the plane died on impact.

Scott Rolen - HOF Introduction Speech! I am 66 years old and that speech brought me to tears. He didn't talk about his career other than the sacrifice of others that enabled him to play the game. He talked a lot about his family. He mentioned a conversation that he had with his dad where he was telling his dad what he couldn't do. His dad asked him what he could do and Scott listed what he could do. His dad's simple response was, "Then do that." Scott mentioned that whenever he faced obstacles in his career or in life, he switched the focus from what he couldn't do to what he could do. It was one of the greatest speeches I have ever heard.

Scott Rolen - HOF Introduction Speech! I am 66 years old and that speech brought me to tears. He didn't talk about his career other than the sacrifice of others that enabled him to play the game. He talked a lot about his family. He mentioned a conversation that he had with his dad where he was telling his dad what he couldn't do. His dad asked him what he could do and Scott listed what he could do. His dad's simple response was, "Then do that." Scott mentioned that whenever he faced obstacles in his career or in life, he switched the focus from what he couldn't do to what he could do. It was one of the greatest speeches I have ever heard.
I wouldn’t know Scott Rolen to see him.

Your post motivated me to google him. Congratulations to him, his family, friends and fans on entering the HOF! My brief research suggested a deeply rooted humble family man with an extraordinary athletic legacy.

I wouldn’t know Scott Rolen to see him.

Your post motivated me to google him. Congratulations to him, his family, friends and fans on entering the HOF! My brief research suggested a deeply rooted humble family man with an extraordinary athletic legacy.
I personally know Scott. I was a long-time baseball coach in my area and had opportunities to work with the baseball Cardinals for over a decade. From there, in talks about hitting and coaching, I found him to be a good person. That showed in his HOF Speech.

I'm glad his speech was HoF worthy. Imo, his career wasn't.

Kudos to Maddie Ripley, the 17 year old high school wrestler who won her state’s 107 lbs Weight Class Title in 2024 in the Girls Division and the Boys Division!

She ROCKS:

Just a local mention

Back
Top Bottom