• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Proactive arrest, Proactive policing.

Guyzilla

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Right wingers are using the protests to start stop and frisk all over again. They are using the BROKEN WINDOWS theory of law enforcement. This means, that the people you dont like, and think are more likely the KIND of people up to no good, are harrassed and hounded for petty and less crimes to GET THEM INTO THE SYSTEMS. This makes them ripe for harsher sentences if caught, and hobbles them, with fines and community duty etc.

This is what cops apologized about, back at it in earnest. They are not arresting those that are looters, arsonists or violent. They are arresting folks, to send a message. Now most if not all those arrested so far, when lawyers are demanded, are cut loose immediately. Which shows that the thugs KNOW they are acting illegally. It also shows they KNOW they are arresting innocent folks.

This is as evil and ****hole a practice as any dictatorship or monarchy. This is pure Trump, who has taught his folks to chant lock her up, with NO CRIME, no charges, and no law enforcement buyin. Trump has taught his folks, that Obama is guilty of treason, and should be killed. ON NO EVIDENCE, but all the evidence on Trump is FAKE.

Proactive policing, is discriminatory and therefore will be fine with right wingers.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
The head of the Department of Homeland Security set off alarms after saying that federal agents were making ‘proactive’ arrests in Portland amid heated protests, drawing comparisons to the dystopian “pre-crime” of Minority Report.

Some argued that “proactive arrests” are “not a thing” under US law, apparently referring to the need for probable cause, while other critics said federal agents were effectively kidnapping “innocent” and “peaceful” protesters.

Proactive Policing: Assumptions

Maintaining a visible and proactive police presence in neighborhoods will deter crime and criminal behavior, as well as reduce the public's fear of crime. Both goals are equally important and contribute to enhancing trust between citizens and police.
Police officers must actively enforce laws even for low-level crimes and violations, before there is a call for service. This will prevent more serious crimes in the future.
Law enforcement must shift away from using only reactive policing tactics, such as simply responding to calls after a crime has occurred. This is important if police are going to meaningfully contribute to reducing crime and the public's fear of crime.
To reduce crime and fear of crime, officers and agencies need to communicate effectively with the communities they serve and increase levels of trust between citizens and officers in these areas.
By developing effective strategies, law enforcement can help communities project the idea that crime will not be tolerated.
Proactive Policing: Definition & Strategies - Video & Lesson Transcript | Study.com

Study suggests proactive policing may do more harm than good

Most people know that the bulk of crime in industrialized countries occurs in areas where poor people live and that more often than not, such areas have a high population of minorities. Because of that, police departments have focused a large share of their resources on such areas. In recent times, police have adopted a practice called proactive policing in which they engage heavily with people in their jurisdiction—stopping people, asking questions, making arrests for minor offenses, etc. The aim is to prevent serious crime, rather than arrest or prosecute after the fact—but some have accused the police of targeting minorities. Studies indicate, Weisburd notes, that such tactics do help reduce crime rates. But in this new effort, the researchers have found an example where the opposite was true.

Yeah, they are quite aggressive. And the black bagging, I can't believe people actually endorse that. But there is a subset of Republic-Hating Fascists who will endorse and defend the black bagging.

Places like Seattle and Portland made a mess of things, but they need to clean it up. I don't think that the Trump Shock Troops are going to be positive in this exchange. It's more likely that they'll exacerbate and escalate the situation.

Right wingers are using the protests to start stop and frisk all over again. They are using the BROKEN WINDOWS theory of law enforcement. This means, that the people you dont like, and think are more likely the KIND of people up to no good, are harrassed and hounded for petty and less crimes to GET THEM INTO THE SYSTEMS. This makes them ripe for harsher sentences if caught, and hobbles them, with fines and community duty etc.

This is what cops apologized about, back at it in earnest. They are not arresting those that are looters, arsonists or violent. They are arresting folks, to send a message. Now most if not all those arrested so far, when lawyers are demanded, are cut loose immediately. Which shows that the thugs KNOW they are acting illegally. It also shows they KNOW they are arresting innocent folks.

This is as evil and ****hole a practice as any dictatorship or monarchy. This is pure Trump, who has taught his folks to chant lock her up, with NO CRIME, no charges, and no law enforcement buyin. Trump has taught his folks, that Obama is guilty of treason, and should be killed. ON NO EVIDENCE, but all the evidence on Trump is FAKE.

Proactive policing, is discriminatory and therefore will be fine with right wingers.
The head of the Department of Homeland Security set off alarms after saying that federal agents were making ‘proactive’ arrests in Portland amid heated protests, drawing comparisons to the dystopian “pre-crime” of Minority Report.

Some argued that “proactive arrests” are “not a thing” under US law, apparently referring to the need for probable cause, while other critics said federal agents were effectively kidnapping “innocent” and “peaceful” protesters.

Maintaining a visible and proactive police presence in neighborhoods will deter crime and criminal behavior, as well as reduce the public's fear of crime. Both goals are equally important and contribute to enhancing trust between citizens and police.
Police officers must actively enforce laws even for low-level crimes and violations, before there is a call for service. This will prevent more serious crimes in the future.
Law enforcement must shift away from using only reactive policing tactics, such as simply responding to calls after a crime has occurred. This is important if police are going to meaningfully contribute to reducing crime and the public's fear of crime.
To reduce crime and fear of crime, officers and agencies need to communicate effectively with the communities they serve and increase levels of trust between citizens and officers in these areas.
By developing effective strategies, law enforcement can help communities project the idea that crime will not be tolerated.
Proactive Policing: Definition & Strategies - Video & Lesson Transcript | Study.com

Most people know that the bulk of crime in industrialized countries occurs in areas where poor people live and that more often than not, such areas have a high population of minorities. Because of that, police departments have focused a large share of their resources on such areas. In recent times, police have adopted a practice called proactive policing in which they engage heavily with people in their jurisdiction—stopping people, asking questions, making arrests for minor offenses, etc. The aim is to prevent serious crime, rather than arrest or prosecute after the fact—but some have accused the police of targeting minorities. Studies indicate, Weisburd notes, that such tactics do help reduce crime rates. But in this new effort, the researchers have found an example where the opposite was true.

I will care when the lawlessness of the protestors stops. Otherwise, eye for an eye.

I will care when the lawlessness of the protestors stops. Otherwise, eye for an eye.

You are exactly why the right wingers are doing the looting and arson. So that the right wing can bash libs.

Yeah, they are quite aggressive. And the black bagging, I can't believe people actually endorse that. But there is a subset of Republic-Hating Fascists who will endorse and defend the black bagging.

Places like Seattle and Portland made a mess of things, but they need to clean it up. I don't think that the Trump Shock Troops are going to be positive in this exchange. It's more likely that they'll exacerbate and escalate the situation.

I agree with you about black bagging if they are doing that. That needs to be explained by them and if they dont have a good explanation (i cant think of one) and absent of an adequate reason, it needs to stop immeadiately. I can not think of a single good reason to place a bag on anyones head.

You go on to say that it ecaserbates and esculates the situtation. Can you explain how removing aggitators from the situtation does that?
I have no problem with plain clothes cops removing people. Imo thats a less excitable method than showing up dressed like a billboard saying we are here to stop you.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

You are exactly why the right wingers are doing the looting and arson. So that the right wing can bash libs.
Do you have even a shred evidence to support your claim that the right are the ones looting and rioting?

Don't care. Get a permit and do it lawful instead of barricading streets and tearing **** up or suffer the consequences. It is about protecting both the public and the protestors alike.

And my ass the "right wingers" are the ones looting Target to make protestors look bad.

I agree with you about black bagging if they are doing that. That needs to be explained by them and if they dont have a good explanation (i cant think of one) and absent of an adequate reason, it needs to stop immeadiately. I can not think of a single good reason to place a bag on anyones head.

You go on to say that it ecaserbates and esculates the situtation. Can you explain how removing aggitators from the situtation does that?
I have no problem with plain clothes cops removing people. Imo thats a less excitable method than showing up dressed like a billboard saying we are here to stop you.

They are NOT picking up AGITATORS. This is broken windows theory. You get the innocents, to send a message to the criminals. You make it seem so likely since they are busting folks for spitting, picking their nose, that surely they will get me for assaulting a confederate saint statue.

They are now doing this to ORDINARY protesters, so that we think, I had best not use my right to free assembly, or I will get bashed, kidnapped, hooded and have that on my record.

Do you have even a shred evidence to support your claim that the right are the ones looting and rioting?

"Two Reports: Right—wing fascists doing arson in Minneapolis,"
"Two Reports: Right—wing fascists doing arson in Minneapolis,"

Right-Wing Agitators Are Using The George Floyd Riots To Foment A Race War
Right-wing Agitators Are Using The George Floyd Riots To Foment A Race War - Walid Shoebat

White House downplays Minnesota claims of far-right role in riots, in dispute over who’s fueling violence
White House downplays Minnesota claims of far-right role in riots, in dispute over who’s fueling violence | Fox News

Outsiders, extremists are among those fomenting violence in Twin Cities
Outsiders, extremists are among those fomenting violence in Twin Cities | MPR News

Boogaloo movement
Boogaloo movement - Wikipedia

Civil War 2.0? The “Boogaloo” Movement Is A Wake-Up Call ...
https://www.forbes.com/sites/sethco...t-is-a-wake-up-call-for-america/#2964e50171ab

'Boogaloo' on the loose: Experts warn Congress about extremism on the right
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...ress-about-extremism-on-the-right/ar-BB16SuOx

They are NOT picking up AGITATORS. This is broken windows theory. You get the innocents, to send a message to the criminals. You make it seem so likely since they are busting folks for spitting, picking their nose, that surely they will get me for assaulting a confederate saint statue.

They are now doing this to ORDINARY protesters, so that we think, I had best not use my right to free assembly, or I will get bashed, kidnapped, hooded and have that on my record.
I dont think you umderstand the broken window fallacy because you are massively missusing the term

Portland was a lawless mess.

Back
Top Bottom