• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pro-Trump protesters storm US Capitol as lawmakers gather to count electoral votes

exoplanet

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
From CNN
Supporters of President Donald Trump have breached the US Capitol as lawmakers count the Electoral College votes certifying President-elect Joe Biden's win.
Shortly after 1 p.m. ET hundreds of pro-Trump protesters pushed through barriers set up along the perimeter of the Capitol, where they tussled with officers in full riot gear, some calling the officers "traitors" for doing their jobs. About 90 minutes later, police said demonstrators got into the building and the doors to the House and Senate were being locked. Shortly after, the House floor was evacuated by police.

This is deeply disturbing. All of the rhetoric and lies that Trump and his allies have been pushing for months is finally coming home to roost. Will we see any sort of contrition or accountability for this threat to our democracy?

This asshole is tweeting his attempt at sedition

BREAKING: I am inside Nancy Pelosi’s office with the thousands of revolutionaries who have stormed the building To put into perspective how quickly staff evacuated, emails are still on the screen along side a federal alert warning members of the current revolution

BREAKING: revolution in process as Trump supporters break into the Capitol building, attacking police, breaking windows, and knocking down doors Full anarchy at this “mostly peaceful” demonstration DC The people have pushed through & are storming to main chambers

From CNN

This is deeply disturbing. All of the rhetoric and lies that Trump and his allies have been pushing for months is finally coming home to roost. Will we see any sort of contrition or accountability for this threat to our democracy?
Unbelievable! Insane! What is wrong with Trump supporters? There's teargas in the rotunda and the doors are barricaded. Members were told there are gas masks under their desks! Trump has said nothing! Does he want to declare martial law to try to keep his job? This is VERY serious!

From CNN

They're now in the Senate Chamber! I hope they can find a way to end this without violence and anyone getting hurt. Trump has to go on TV NOW and stop this!

From CNN

Trump MUST be PROSECUTED for SEDITION

20210106_115931.jpg

I don't know what to say. I take back everything I ever said about Trump supporters being bags of hot air. They're calling in the Cavalry, but I'm thinking it will take hours to secure a massive building like that. Can't imagine they will count the votes today, although I wish they would figure out some way not to let these guys win.

So trumpettes... is it sedition yet?

Where the HELL is the president!

Besides the one tweet, where is President Trump. Why is he not calling for dispersal and calm.

Oh wait, he doesn't want the EC proceeding to continue. imo, Trump should resign now.

I don't know what to say. I take back everything I ever said about Trump supporters being bags of hot air. They're calling in the Cavalry, but I'm thinking it will take hours to secure a massive building like that. Can't imagine they will count the votes today, although I wish they would figure out some way not to let these guys win.
I heard that shots have been fired, windows broken, fighting between protesters and Capital Police - total chaos

I'd like to thank this guy for making his arrest easier.
He's not the only one. You can see people taking photos on the floor of the Senate. I'm sure their tweeting and instagramming it. They all think it's perfectly ok.

Where the HELL is the president!
He's trying to figure out when he can declare martial law due to his own anarchist lawless peoples' actions

Be careful what you wish for. I'm sure he would be happy to declare martial law.

Congress will still count the electoral votes and he is still gone on Jan 20th at the latest if they don't vote to impeach him today.

Trump's America.

Congress will still count the electoral votes and he is still gone on Jan 20th at the latest if they don't vote to impeach him today.

I agree. But martial law could postpone the vote count.

I can't believe they made it into the building... (That is bigger than Trumps loss, historic....) The police must have been taken by total surprise. It is so strange, they weren't that many. It was many more during the BLM protests and the police had no problem keeping them at bay. Someting is fishy... I guess I'll get the full story in the morning (It is evening here now).

I don't see how they can pretend this isn't the result of the President's actions.

I agree. But martial law could postpone the vote count.

No it can't.. CONGRESS decides when they are in session, not the president...

He's not the only one. You can see people taking photos on the floor of the Senate. I'm sure their tweeting and instagramming it. They all think it's perfectly ok.
I'm 'looking forward' to hearing the R congress members talk about how this isn't what America is all about.

Back
Top Bottom