• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pro-Trump lawyer who boosted election-reversal bid under investigation by the California Bar

People see what they want to see.
Reality proves out. Hence, in this thread, the investigation into John Eastman by Cal Bar.

As Joe Friday used to say "The facts, just the facts."

Well, given the degree of gerrymandering and "voter hindrance" that is accepted practice in US elections at present, please get back to me when the US does have "Free, Fair, Open, and Honest Elections".

There is no such thing as a "'mail in Ballot' degree". I have, however, run elections.

Sorry, your link doesn't work for me. Please supply one that does.

PS - Please also supply credentials for the person in the video as well as links to what they say is the evidence that supports their position. YOU might be prepared to take the word of some political hack who is pushing an agenda on the basis of "Trust Me.", I'm not.
So now you're giving excuses why it's ok to over look the things I pointed out ?.... Sounds like you don't like the facts and want to avoid them now...

Here's the UTube link

So you will believe the people on TV with no proof, but not a guy who was in Senate hearings testifying ?
This guy does hold the pattens on Barcode scanning, so that's far more than most...
Also you don't have to be a genius to see "Bar Code" --> "No Bar Code"....

Reality proves out. Hence, in this thread, the investigation into John Eastman by Cal Bar.
You know what, to really investigate this guy you're going to have to do what Trump has been trying to do for since 2020!
Look at the Fraud evidence in court!

If there was a Coup as Trump et al... have claimed then stopping the EC Certification would be justified,and Patriotic!
Remember Trump made a call with legal on the phone to the GA's Sec of State telling him to find votes!!!! "IF" Trump was the "Traitor"
they could take him out right then an there !!!!... (Use your brain people!) ....
They are trying to Destroy everyone around Trump so no one will want to help him, not because Trump is wrong!

An extra large sink hole that brings all of the Mar-a-Lago King's subjects and structures delightfully parked on the lower level (below sea level).

I was thinking maybe someone could redirect a hurricane with a sharpie to just hit Mar-a-Lago.

You know what, to really investigate this guy you're going to have to do what Trump has been trying to do for since 2020!

If there was a Coup as Trump et al... have claimed then stopping the EC Certification would be justified,and Patriotic!
Remember Trump made a call with legal on the phone to the GA's Sec of State telling him to find votes!!!! "IF" Trump was the "Traitor"
they could take him out right then an there !!!!... (Use your brain people!) ....
They are trying to Destroy everyone around Trump so no one will want to help him, not because Trump is wrong!
No it would not be as it wasn't Trump's call. He was a participant in the election. He had zero role in the administration of the election or in counting the votes. He had remedies in court to air his grievances. He certainly fully pursued all of his options without success. Whether he agreed with the outcome of the courts was moot. They had power of judgement and the 51 election jurisidications had the power of certification. Trump had no role other than being a participant and a spectator. Trump's only role on January 6th was to watch and then effect a peaceful transfer of power. He failed in that task.

Trump's actions to disrupt the elections appears to be criminal. Whether he ultimately gets charged is another matter, but it is very clear that he overstepped his authority: the President has NO role in certifying the election. The Vice President's role is ceremonial. What he believed was moot.

No it would not be as it wasn't Trump's call. He was a participant in the election. He had zero role in the administration of the election or in counting the votes. He had remedies in court to air his grievances. He certainly fully pursued all of his options without success. Whether he agreed with the outcome of the courts was moot. They had power of judgement and the 51 election jurisidications had the power of certification. Trump had no role other than being a participant and a spectator. Trump's only role on January 6th was to watch and then effect a peaceful transfer of power. He failed in that task.

Trump's actions to disrupt the elections appears to be criminal. Whether he ultimately gets charged is another matter, but it is very clear that he overstepped his authority: the President has NO role in certifying the election. The Vice President's role is ceremonial. What he believed was moot.
No, I think there's more that could have been done! Assuming the evidence of a Coup is true!

"IF", as Trump's data showed, foreign nations helped, then it was an act of War and The Pres, could have fought it!

Pompeo's statements where very telling!

So now you're giving excuses why it's ok to over look the things I pointed out ?.... Sounds like you don't like the facts and want to avoid them now...

Here's the UTube link

So you will believe the people on TV with no proof, but not a guy who was in Senate hearings testifying ?
This guy does hold the pattens on Barcode scanning, so that's far more than most...
Also you don't have to be a genius to see "Bar Code" --> "No Bar Code"....

You did point out problems with printed ballots. There are other problems with "electronic ballots" and with "electronic counting of ballots".

I pointed out the rather severe flaws in the entire electoral system.

It's out of my hands, sport. The Cal Bar has evidently seen enough about John Eastman to look further into him concerning his license to practice law.

You stated that they are trying to destroy everyone around DJT. That's on those individuals who allowed themselves to be suckered into his insanely corrupt world. I don't have half the smarts that these individuals has but yet, I'd not have one damn thing to do with DJT. He's a flunky reality tv star that appears to have some career folks all ga ga over him. Look at where its got them today. Eastman may come out in better shape than Giuliani when it's all said and done.

And this will be seen by people who wish to see particular things as what they wish to see.

It's a start - the Cal State Bar going after a pos lawyer, John Eastman, who earned his skunk stripe by drawing up how DJT could overturn the presidential election of 2020.

The State Bar announced its investigation of John Eastman in a statement Tuesday, noting that the probe began in September and is focused on whether Eastman violated California law or ethics rules governing attorneys in relation to the 2020 presidential election.

"A number of individuals and entities have brought to the State Bar's attention press reports, court filings, and other public documents detailing Mr. Eastman's conduct," the State Bar's chief trial counsel, George Cardona, said in the statement.

"We want to thank those who took the time to bring to our attention this information, which serves as the starting point for our investigation. We will be proceeding with a single State Bar investigation in which we will continue to gather and analyze relevant evidence and go wherever it leads us."
What's the ethics violation? Writing a legal opinion that Democrats disagree with? Jesus Christ, the entire system is now weaponized for political purposes. A lawyer cannot even advise a client on the mechanics of election challenges and the constitutional law involved.

What's the ethics violation? Writing a legal opinion that Democrats disagree with? Jesus Christ, the entire system is now weaponized for political purposes. A lawyer cannot even advise a client on the mechanics of election challenges and the constitutional law involved.
The "violation" is the same as the difference between "advising a client on how to avoid taxes" and "advising a client on how to evade taxes".

The "violation" is the same as the difference between "advising a client on how to avoid taxes" and "advising a client on how to evade taxes".
LOL - have you seen anything published that would show that this lawyer advised his client how to commit a crime?

The memos that they're talking about was the lawyer advising on an issue of constitutional law. I haven't seen a single piece of evidence to show that what this lawyer did was aking to advising on how to evade. Have you? If so, can you cite it, link it or describe it?

The bar association opened a complaint investigation. That doesn't say anything about the merits of the complaint itself.

LOL - have you seen anything published that would show that this lawyer advised his client how to commit a crime?
That's what the investigation is.

However, I do recognize that it is a fundamental postulate of law that no one should ever be investigated until after they have been charged, tried, convicted, sentenced, and lost all appeals of any nature whatsoever no matter how frivolous AND that any one who is charged with anything WITHOUT having the allegations against them investigated has been totally denied their constitutional right to due process. Well, it is as long as the person under consideration is one of "OUR Guys", if the person under consideration is one of "THEIR Guys" why, of course, there is no need for any of that archaic surplussage like trials, and evidence.
The memos that they're talking about was the lawyer advising on an issue of constitutional law.
You have, of course, read the memos - right?
I haven't seen a single piece of evidence to show that what this lawyer did was aking to advising on how to evade. Have you?
Nope, and neither have the people doing the investigation - at least not yet.
If so, can you cite it, link it or describe it?
See above
The bar association opened a complaint investigation. That doesn't say anything about the merits of the complaint itself.
Of course it doesn't.

Now if the lawyer had been a Democrat, that wouldn't be the case as far as you were concerned.

That's what the investigation is.

However, I do recognize that it is a fundamental postulate of law that no one should ever be investigated until after they have been charged, tried, convicted, sentenced, and lost all appeals of any nature whatsoever no matter how frivolous AND that any one who is charged with anything WITHOUT having the allegations against them investigated has been totally denied their constitutional right to due process. Well, it is as lo

Aside from the sarcasm, it is a postulate that an investigation into suspected criminal activity occurs because of some fact or the other.

So I guess the question is what is/are the fact(s) that suggest that Mr. Eastman advised his client to break the law?

What's the ethics violation?
According to the state bar, “serious evidence of professional misconduct” for “efforts to hijack or postpone the final counting of the electoral votes at the January 6, 2021 Joint Session of Congress.”

And this will be seen by people who wish to see particular things as what they wish to see.
It's currently being seen by those with serious professional eyes by the Cal state bar, the 1/6 Committee and possibly our DOJ.

No, I think there's more that could have been done! Assuming the evidence of a Coup is true!

"IF", as Trump's data showed, foreign nations helped, then it was an act of War and The Pres, could have fought it!

Pompeo's statements where very telling!
1) Trump had no such data that suggested consequential foreign interference in the 2020 election. If he had, he would have made a point of it. Instead, his entire dialouge was about supposed fraud in certain swing states. In fact, he was told by his experts that the 2020 election was the cleanest in US history

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/11/17/intel-community-foreign-interference-2020-election-437094
https://www.vox.com/2020/11/13/21563825/2020-elections-most-secure-dhs-cisa-krebs

A statement for which Christopher Krebs, the director of the project, was fired.

"....Christopher Krebs, the Department of Homeland Security director who had spearheaded a campaign to counter rumors about voter fraud, has been fired, President Trump tweeted on Tuesday...."

"... On November 12, 12, 2020, CISA issued a joint statement of election security agencies stating: “There is no evidence that any voting system deleted or lost votes, changed votes, or was in any way
compromised.”

and, therein is the fundamental problem. Trump had no real evidence of any problem that comprised the outcome. Even if he did, it was out of his authority to do anything about. Now he is in apparent trouble for conspiracy to defraud the United States because 1) he knew better and 2) used his office to try to stop a righteous process, counting the votes. Trump had no basis NOR any authority to try to stop the January 6th federal certification of the vote, but he tired to anyway.

You really should read the pleadings that were filed last week before the US District Court of Central California, Southern Division. It outlines the case of conspiracy that Trump participated in and why it crosses the threshold of criminality. Until you read this, you will be ignorant of the issue. You may well read it and find fault / deficiency, that is great. That will make for intelligent argument, but until you read this, you have no intelligent argument.

Trump over stepped his bounds and abused the power of his office, which he did time and time and time again, getting impeached and investigated for such on more than one occasion. It is his nature not to play by the rules. That should be a deal killer for a voter: a president that lacks respect for the rule of law, but that is another discussion.

I particularly like this damning exchange between John Eastman and Greg Jacob, on Pence's staff. You will see this in the cite above. From Jacob to Eastman:

"...I have run down every legal trail placed before me to its conclusion, and I respectfully conclude that as a legal framework, it is a results-oriented position that you would never support if attempted by the opposition, and essentially entirely made up," Jacob wrote Eastman. "And thanks to your bullshit, we are now under siege....." AND "... "Respectfully, it was gravely, gravely irresponsible for you to entice the President with an academic theory that had no legal viability, and that you well know we would lose before any judge who heard and decided the case. And if the courts declined to hear it, I suppose it could only be decided in the streets. The knowing amplification of that theory through numerous surrogates, whipping large numbers of people into a frenzy over something with no chance of ever attaining legal force through actual process of law, has led us to where we are."

Yes, Pompeo's statements were every bit as delusional as Trump's, except Pompeo was playing to his audience of one. Like all people that get too close to Trump, Pompeo's political future, except maybe in Kansas, is toast.

Last edited:
Aside from the sarcasm, it is a postulate that an investigation into suspected criminal activity occurs because of some fact or the other.

So I guess the question is what is/are the fact(s) that suggest that Mr. Eastman advised his client to break the law?
You'll have to ask the California Bar Association that question and that you will receive an answer in accordance with their constitution and bylaws.

Or you could ask your elected representatives that question. <SARC>I'm sure that they will tell you the truth.</SARC>

1) Trump had no such data that suggested consequential foreign interference in the 2020 election. If he had, he would have made a point of it. Instead, his entire dialouge was about supposed fraud in certain swing states. In fact, he was told by his experts that the 2020 election was the cleanest in US history

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/11/17/intel-community-foreign-interference-2020-election-437094
https://www.vox.com/2020/11/13/21563825/2020-elections-most-secure-dhs-cisa-krebs

A statement for which Christopher Krebs, the director of the project, was fired.

"....Christopher Krebs, the Department of Homeland Security director who had spearheaded a campaign to counter rumors about voter fraud, has been fired, President Trump tweeted on Tuesday...."

"... On November 12, 12, 2020, CISA issued a joint statement of election security agencies stating: “There is no evidence that any voting system deleted or lost votes, changed votes, or was in any way
compromised.”

and, therein is the fundamental problem. Trump had no real evidence of any problem that comprised the outcome. Even if he did, it was out of his authority to do anything about. Now he is in apparent trouble for conspiracy to defraud the United States because 1) he knew better and 2) used his office to try to stop a righteous process, counting the votes. Trump had no basis NOR any authority to try to stop the January 6th federal certification of the vote, but he tired to anyway.

You really should read the pleadings that were filed last week before the US District Court of Central California, Southern Division. It outlines the case of conspiracy that Trump participated in and why it crosses the threshold of criminality. Until you read this, you will be ignorant of the issue. You may well read it and find fault / deficiency, that is great. That will make for intelligent argument, but until you read this, you have no intelligent argument.

Trump over stepped his bounds and abused the power of his office, which he did time and time and time again, getting impeached and investigated for such on more than one occasion. It is his nature not to play by the rules. That should be a deal killer for a voter: a president that lacks respect for the rule of law, but that is another discussion.

I particularly like this damning exchange between John Eastman and Greg Jacob, on Pence's staff. You will see this in the cite above. From Jacob to Eastman:

"...I have run down every legal trail placed before me to its conclusion, and I respectfully conclude that as a legal framework, it is a results-oriented position that you would never support if attempted by the opposition, and essentially entirely made up," Jacob wrote Eastman. "And thanks to your bullshit, we are now under siege....." AND "... "Respectfully, it was gravely, gravely irresponsible for you to entice the President with an academic theory that had no legal viability, and that you well know we would lose before any judge who heard and decided the case. And if the courts declined to hear it, I suppose it could only be decided in the streets. The knowing amplification of that theory through numerous surrogates, whipping large numbers of people into a frenzy over something with no chance of ever attaining legal force through actual process of law, has led us to where we are."

Yes, Pompeo's statements were every bit as delusional as Trump's, except Pompeo was playing to his audience of one. Like all people that get too close to Trump, Pompeo's political future, except maybe in Kansas, is toast.
Trump did not have the data/eviedence, but other people and organizations did !
If these people are lying then they should be tried for Treason for trying to over turn an Election ! If they are right then others need to
Tried for Treason for committing a COUP against the American Voters !!!!.....

So WHO Does not want to investigate this data?.... You know like how Arizona did not want to turn over the Splunk logs and Server pass words.. .

@0:27 -> 0:33 The Gov does not want to look at the data! No Judges would look at it!
@1:28! The Fraud Graph, 1:30-1:34 Abuse of Power to STOP investigations of Fraud.
@1:36 Show the IP’s that hacked US Voting Servers Mary Fanning from National Intelligence Research and Author.

Why do you think that nobody did anything about the phone call that Trump made to Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger?
Trump asked to get to the facts, get ballots and trace them back to the US Citizens who supposidly filled them out!

So no more anonymous ballots??

So no more anonymous ballots??
Nope.

<SARC>The way that a REAL Republican Run Republic Runs is that each voter stands up, one at a time, in front of every other voter, announced their name and address, produces their government issued photo identification and, in a loud, clear, voice announces the name(s) of the candidate(s) that they are voting for.

Only cryptocommies favour the so-called "Secret Ballot".</SARC>

If these people are lying then they should be tried for Treason for trying to over turn an Election ! If they are right then others need to

So WHO Does not want to investigate this data?.... You know like how Arizona did not want to turn over the Splunk logs and Server pass words.. .

@0:27 -> 0:33 The Gov does not want to look at the data! No Judges would look at it!
@1:28! The Fraud Graph, 1:30-1:34 Abuse of Power to STOP investigations of Fraud.
@1:36 Show the IP’s that hacked US Voting Servers Mary Fanning from National Intelligence Research and Author.

Mike Liddell???? He is your credible source? I am glad you are not embarrassed by posting this buffoon. He is one of the least credible people in the US. Trump would have been wise to steer clear as Liddell's encouragement of Trump is part of the reason that Trump may be facing federal charges. First off, all of that tape is a bunch of hypotheticals. Even if all of those things were true, and they are not, its a huge leap of faith that it changed to outcome of the election. Just because you see anomalies does not mean you understand the consequence of those anomalies. More importantly, however, even if all of those things are true, and they are not, it isn't Trump's call. He does not preside over elections.
Moreover, the official information that Trump had was from his own national security apparatus (his own people). They said there were anomalies such as suggested by Liddell. All of the nonsense that Liddell posted, even if true, it doesn't matter. It does not change the outcome, nor provide Trump with cover to do what he apparently did.

Thirty years ago we had a trial for OJ Simpson. Many people believed OJ Simpson was guilty even though a jury of his peers found him not guilty. The Governor of California, if he absolutely believed OJ was guilty because he had "proof" had no authority to do anything but watch OJ walk out as a free man. The process produced the outcome it did, it was everyone's duty to accept the process.

Again, Trump may well have committed a felony against the people of the United States by not doing his duty, which at the point was largely respecting the process which yielded the outcome that he lost, and managing the peaceful transfer of power. Instead, he created lies and worked up a ton of Americans to not have faith in their own democracy. IMHO, that is one of the greatest crimes ever perpetuated on America by anybody, much less a person in a position of authority.

But back to your main point, even if this nonsense that Liddell is peddling was remotely true, there is always time after the fact to find error and fault. But, the process played and much like the OJ analogy, Trump lost as matter of law and thus as a matter of fact. You really need to understand that and accept it. Better luck next time.

As to Liddell, if he had such damning evidence, with credibility, why has no one of any credibility championed this? I return to my statement that he is one of the least credible people in America.

Last edited:

Here is the fact check on the Lindell presentation. While I did not watch all two hours, I did spend 15 minutes skimming through it. Fair is fair, you should spend a bit of time in its fact-check.

Mike Liddell???? He is your credible source? I am glad you are not embarrassed by posting this buffoon. He is one of the least credible people in the US. Trump would have been wise to steer clear as Liddell's encouragement of Trump is part of the reason that Trump may be facing federal charges. First off, all of that tape is a bunch of hypotheticals. Even if all of those things were true, and they are not, its a huge leap of faith that it changed to outcome of the election. Just because you see anomalies does not mean you understand the consequence of those anomalies. More importantly, however, even if all of those things are true, and they are not, it isn't Trump's call. He does not preside over elections.
Moreover, the official information that Trump had was from his own national security apparatus (his own people). They said there were anomalies such as suggested by Liddell. All of the nonsense that Liddell posted, even if true, it doesn't matter. It does not change the outcome, nor provide Trump with cover to do what he apparently did.

Thirty years ago we had a trial for OJ Simpson. Many people believed OJ Simpson was guilty even though a jury of his peers found him not guilty. The Governor of California, if he absolutely believed OJ was guilty because he had "proof" had no authority to do anything but watch OJ walk out as a free man. The process produced the outcome it did, it was everyone's duty to accept the process.

Again, Trump may well have committed a felony against the people of the United States by not doing his duty, which at the point was largely respecting the process which yielded the outcome that he lost, and managing the peaceful transfer of power. Instead, he created lies and worked up a ton of Americans to not have faith in their own democracy. IMHO, that is one of the greatest crimes ever perpetuated on America by anybody, much less a person in a position of authority.

But back to your main point, even if this nonsense that Liddell is peddling was remotely true, there is always time after the fact to find error and fault. But, the process played and much like the OJ analogy, Trump lost as matter of law and thus as a matter of fact. You really need to understand that and accept it. Better luck next time.

As to Liddell, if he had such damning evidence, with credibility, why has no one of any credibility championed this? I return to my statement that he is one of the least credible people in America.
Sorry I did not spoon feed you, and assumed you can draw conclusions on your own !

I said , "IF" these people who made reports to DHS and other Federal Agencies stating that a Coup happened, gave evidence, wrote affidavits, and
brought cases to court, ARE THE ONES LYING, then we need to Try them for Treason ! "IF" Their evidence is True the we need to convict others
for the Coup!

But to find out the Truth we have to look at the evidence!

Mary Fanning
Sidney Powell
Rudy Giuliani
Trump
Russell James Ramsland

All these people brought forth Lawsuits stating the Election was a Fraud, and were/ are trying to over turn the Election Results!!!!.....
Why are THEY the ONLY ONE ASKING FOR THE COURTS TO LOOK AT THE EVIDENCE ????? .....

Think about it !
Yeah I don't expect you to figure it out , but who know....

Back
Top Bottom