• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Pro-Trump group pays teens to spread lies on social media

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Pro-Trump group pays teens to spread lies on social media | World | The Times

A pro-Trump youth group is paying teenagers to pump distorted claims about the election on to social media.

Twitter suspended at least 20 accounts after being alerted to the scheme operated by Turning Point USA, a campus-based conservative campaign organisation.

Turning Point Action, a branch of the group, paid activists to push pro-Trump viewpoints on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, The Washington Post said. Some of the posts were merely partisan, but others were misleading. One, for example, said coronavirus numbers were being deliberately inflated, adding: “It’s hard to know what to believe.”

Another questioned the probity of the leading White House expert on the virus, telling people: “Don’t trust Dr Fauci.” On Facebook a post asserted that postal ballots “will lead to fraud for [paywall]
============================================
Trump's dirty tricks.

I am offering great rates to anybody that wants to pay me to post political propaganda. I do this **** for free right now.

I am offering great rates to anybody that wants to pay me to post political propaganda. I do this **** for free right now.

I once toyed with the idea of starting a company that would make money by spreading rumors.

I'm pretty sure that this is legal. It's just a headache for platform moderators. It also seems like it's not really necessary, there's plenty of those types of posts going up for free.

Trump (and this era of Trump's Republicans) will tell any lie and do any thing to keep him in office and thus out of court.

A pro-Trump youth group is paying teenagers to pump distorted claims about the election on to social media.

Twitter suspended at least 20 accounts after being alerted to the scheme operated by Turning Point USA, a campus-based conservative campaign organisation.

Turning Point Action, a branch of the group, paid activists to push pro-Trump viewpoints on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, The Washington Post said. Some of the posts were merely partisan, but others were misleading. One, for example, said coronavirus numbers were being deliberately inflated, adding: “It’s hard to know what to believe.”

Another questioned the probity of the leading White House expert on the virus, telling people: “Don’t trust Dr Fauci.” On Facebook a post asserted that postal ballots “will lead to fraud for [paywall]
Trump's dirty tricks.

I saw an ad in my FB feed, asking me to donate a penny a tweet to supposedly tweet anti Trump messages.

I ignored it.

Trump's dirty tricks.

Turning Point USA is an anti education, anti intellectual attack group.

I'm pretty sure that this is legal. It's just a headache for platform moderators. It also seems like it's not really necessary, there's plenty of those types of posts going up for free.

It is perfectly legal.

And it is the exact same strategy that the Russian troll farms use.

Mitch McConnell spent most of the last four years blocking any legisolation that would have outlawed it.

Back
Top Bottom