• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pro-lifers: How do you want to solve child overpopulation without legal abortions?

Again, gross. I think we all get where you stand. But I do think we agree that the question asked was not a real question, or was rhetorical at best.
Whatsoever gross about it? It's just a simple fact.

Most abortions are performed pharmacologically. Pop a pill and it's done. More invasive measure may be indicated for gestation which is farther along, such as a D&C procedure. But that's usually performed after a miscarriage and fetal remnants remain attached to the uterine wall. Abortions after viability are only performed in cases of health risks to the woman.

....but sucking the brains out of an unborn child, or ripping their limbs off, or poisoning them in the womb AREN'T gross?
And no, it's not gross. Unless one has a weak stomach. It's just a medical procedure.

Most abortions are performed pharmacologically. Pop a pill and it's done. More invasive measure may be indicated for gestation which is farther along, such as a D&C procedure. But that's usually performed after a miscarriage and fetal remnants remain attached to the uterine wall. Abortions after viability are only performed in cases of health risks to the woman.
Dude - how in the world do you think a medical abortion works? It POISONS the unborn child, killing it. smh

And no, it's not gross. Unless one has a weak stomach. It's just a medical procedure.
...or so callous that they incapable of caring...

I don't know about most abortions, but more than half are done medically (with two drugs taken a few days apart). The number of surgical abortions is going down thanks to those pills, but they still happen too often because not all women can get them. D&C is a very popular method for them.

I don't know about most abortions, but more than half are done medically (with two drugs taken a few days apart). The number of surgical abortions is going down thanks to those pills, but they still happen too often because not all women can get them. D&C is a very popular method for them.
A D&C is more costly and more invasive. They tend to be performed when there is an incomplete abortion or miscarriage.

No, it's a procedure. Much like any other medical procedure. "Gross" is just a subjective opinion or emotionally based reaction.
A "procedure." The callous rationalization of virtually every monster who attempted to justify and sterilize their heinous, barbaric actions against others.

Pol Pot, Hitler, Stalin, Pinochet, Amin, Mao, Timur, Ghenghis Khan, Attila, Vlad - the Impaler, Eichmann - all perfectors of their own "procedures" against those they didn't want.

Dude - how in the world do you think a medical abortion works? It POISONS the unborn child, killing it. smh
Abortifascients work by stimulating the uterus to contract or spasm, forcibly dislodging the embryo/fetus and resulting in its expulsion, much like a heavy menses.

A "procedure." The callous rationalization of virtually every monster who attempted to justify and sterilize their heinous, barbaric actions against others.

Pol Pot, Hitler, Stalin, Pinochet, Amin, Mao, Timur, Ghenghis Khan, Attila, Vlad - the Impaler, Eichmann - all perfectors of their own "procedures" against those they didn't want.
I see you can't actually address the points made, much less refute them, and instead get all emotional and irrational about it. Abortion is a valid, accepted, and regulated medical procedure, just like any other medical procedure. Just a simple fact which you apparently cannot deal with.

Abortifascients work by stimulating the uterus to contract or spasm, forcibly dislodging the embryo/fetus and resulting in its expulsion, much like a heavy menses.
Crude rationalization and only describing the second medicine (misoprostol) used - conveniently ignoring the first one.

First, you take a pill called mifepristone. This medicine stops "the pregnancy" from growing (poisons it). Some people feel nauseous or start bleeding after taking mifepristone, but it’s not common. Your doctor or nurse may also give you antibiotics to take to prevent infection.​
The second medicine is called misoprostol. You’ll either take the misoprostol right away, or up to 48 hours after you take the first pill — your doctor or nurse will let you know how and when to take it. This medicine causes cramping and bleeding to empty your uterus.​
For most people, the cramping and bleeding usually starts 1-4 hours after taking the misoprostol. It’s normal to see large blood clots (up to the size of a lemon) or clumps of tissue when this is happening. It’s kind of like having a really heavy, crampy period, and the process is very similar to an early miscarriage. (If you don’t have any bleeding within 24 hours after taking the second medicine, misoprostol, call your nurse or doctor.)​
The cramping and bleeding can last for several hours. Most people finish passing the pregnancy tissue in 4-5 hours, but it may take longer. The cramping and bleeding slows down after the pregnancy tissue comes out. You may have cramping on and off for 1 or 2 more days.​

This "sterile" description from your own Planned Parenthood coven.

I see you can't actually address the points made, much less refute them, and instead get all emotional and irrational about it. Abortion is a valid, accepted, and regulated medical procedure, just like any other medical procedure. Just a simple fact which you apparently cannot deal with.
You know perfectly well that I did address your point - specifically calling it a "procedure." You just didn't like the truth so are attempting to deflect it back on me. Ineffectively.

I figured it would take you a few posts to get to your true point. So I thank you for getting to it in the interest of brevity.

You’re just here to say we must have abortions to cut down on numbers of babies. I answered your question (disguised as a point) in a logical fashion. If abortion were made illegal and there were an increase in babies flooding the streets, the next step is preventing those babies in the first place. Society would be forced to deal with the financial burden of those babies, and short of gas chambers which I’m not so sure you wouldn’t support, the only thing to do would be to work on prevention.
Working on prevention is probably a smart move, y'ah think? Why not do it now instead of banning abortion. We could try the Colorado Experiment. It was a three year program to provide any woman with birth control of her choice. Most chose IUD, hormone injections or implants because they are the most effective women's contraceptive. The project was privately funded. It cut abortion by 49% in one year, increased HS graduation numbers and the number of students going on to post secondary education. It decreased unemployment, welfare payments, burden on the foster system and saved the state big bucks.

It was a huge success. The return on the investment was would have easily covered the cost of the program. When the legislature tried to get the state to fund the project the state's religious, conservative, anti-abortion advocates voted it down.

The anti-abortion movement is not about cutting down on abortion or saving fetuses. Its goal is banning abortion (preventing women from getting an abortion) even though they know it will not stop illegal abortions.

Working on prevention is probably a smart move, y'ah think? Why not do it now instead of banning abortion.
Full disclosure: I didn’t read the rest.

I feel like I’ve been careful, but maybe I used some incorrect wording a time or two. The only time I have ever discussed abortion on this or any other site is in this thread and the other one started by the same poster. Can you highlight a post where I said abortion should be banned?

Full disclosure: I didn’t read the rest.

I feel like I’ve been careful, but maybe I used some incorrect wording a time or two. The only time I have ever discussed abortion on this or any other site is in this thread and the other one started by the same poster. Can you highlight a post where I said abortion should be banned?
Your goal may not be banning abortion but the goal of the anti-abortion movement is most certainly banning it.

Your goal may not be banning abortion but the goal of the anti-abortion movement is most certainly banning it.
Why do you automatically lump me in with the "anti-abortion movement"?

How do you want to solve child overpopulation without legal abortions?

simple

They will get you born but

The republican answer is the same as the homeless problem or the poverty problem or any other problem

It's life choices that brought you here. Root hog or die.

....but sucking the brains out of an unborn child,
Lursa is has pointed out multiple times that “ 97.5% of abortions consisted of flushing a pea-sized or smaller unborn from the womb”.

False. the medication blocks the hormone progesterone.

From the Cleveland Cinic

A medical abortion (or medication abortion) is a procedure in which medication (prescription drugs) is used to end a pregnancy. It does not require surgery and is performed through the ninth week of pregnancy. It involves taking two medications — mifepristone and misoprostol. Mifepristone works by blocking the hormone progesterone. Without progesterone, the pregnancy cannot continue to grow in the uterus. Misoprostol causes cramping and bleeding to empty the uterus.”

Crude rationalization and only describing the second medicine (misoprostol) used - conveniently ignoring the first one.

First, you take a pill called mifepristone. This medicine stops "the pregnancy" from growing (poisons it). Some people feel nauseous or start bleeding after taking mifepristone, but it’s not common. Your doctor or nurse may also give you antibiotics to take to prevent infection.​
The second medicine is called misoprostol. You’ll either take the misoprostol right away, or up to 48 hours after you take the first pill — your doctor or nurse will let you know how and when to take it. This medicine causes cramping and bleeding to empty your uterus.​
For most people, the cramping and bleeding usually starts 1-4 hours after taking the misoprostol. It’s normal to see large blood clots (up to the size of a lemon) or clumps of tissue when this is happening. It’s kind of like having a really heavy, crampy period, and the process is very similar to an early miscarriage. (If you don’t have any bleeding within 24 hours after taking the second medicine, misoprostol, call your nurse or doctor.)​
The cramping and bleeding can last for several hours. Most people finish passing the pregnancy tissue in 4-5 hours, but it may take longer. The cramping and bleeding slows down after the pregnancy tissue comes out. You may have cramping on and off for 1 or 2 more days.​

This "sterile" description from your own Planned Parenthood coven.
Thanks for the cut and paste. But Nowhere does it say abortifascients "poison" an embryo/fetus. You disingenuouly inserted that yourself. The medications in question block progesterone to halt the pregnancy and them trigger uterine contractions to expel the contents. It's generally effective and safe.

Back
Top Bottom