• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pro-lifers: How do you want to solve child overpopulation without legal abortions?

Patriotic Voter

Smarter than trolls
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
We need to start over with a completely accurate thread title and no chance of anyone forgetting what this is about. The topic is very specific: How do so-called "pro-lifers" want and expect to solve the problem with child overpopulation that would drastically increase if abortion was federally illegal except to save the mother's life? This has absolutely nothing to do with how the unwanted baby was conceived, embryonic and fetal development, or anything else that happens before birth. That means you will not make any misogynistic comments, period.

Hundreds of thousands of unwanted babies born each year adds up to millions of unwanted children on the streets, in foster homes, or being mistreated by their birth parents within five years. They are all underfed, unhealthy, uninsured, uneducated, and unloved while growing up. They will later remain unemployed during adulthood, when their peers are working, have college degrees, etc. Throwing them into the foster care system only seems to help until something goes wrong. Adoption is the only way the baby can grow up like a normal kid. Even this is not good enough when that kid learns about his/her real parents years later. Also, it requires having enough couples who want to adopt babies and having no kids already in foster care systems waiting to be adopted. If you think abortion should be illegal; except to save the mother's life, how would you solve this problem?

Last edited:
I would entitle your thread: The Final Solution

What is your final solution?

We need to start over with a completely accurate thread title and no chance of anyone forgetting what this is about. The topic is very specific: How do so-called "pro-lifers" want and expect to solve the problem with child overpopulation that would drastically increase if abortion was federally illegal except to save the mother's life?
There is no solution. Except possibly for mandating a 1-child policy like China did and/or mandating sterilization for people.

We need to start over with a completely accurate thread title and no chance of anyone forgetting what this is about. The topic is very specific: How do so-called "pro-lifers" want and expect to solve the problem with child overpopulation that would drastically increase if abortion was federally illegal except to save the mother's life?

The answer is simple; birthrates are already below replacement rates. We don't have a child overpopulation, and would not have one in the instances you describe. In fact, we are likely to maintain a child underpopulation.

We need to start over with a completely accurate thread title and no chance of anyone forgetting what this is about. The topic is very specific: How do so-called "pro-lifers" want and expect to solve the problem with child overpopulation that would drastically increase if abortion was federally illegal except to save the mother's life? This has absolutely nothing to do with how the unwanted baby was conceived, embryonic and fetal development, or anything else that happens before birth. That means you will not make any misogynistic comments, period.

Hundreds of thousands of unwanted babies born each year adds up to millions of unwanted children on the streets, in foster homes, or being mistreated by their birth parents within five years. They are all underfed, unhealthy, uninsured, uneducated, and unloved while growing up. They will later remain unemployed during adulthood, when their peers are working, have college degrees, etc. Throwing them into the foster care system only seems to help until something goes wrong. Adoption is the only way the baby can grow up like a normal kid. Even this is not good enough when that kid learns about his/her real parents years later. Also, it requires having enough couples who want to adopt babies and having no kids already in foster care systems waiting to be adopted. If you think abortion should be illegal; except to save the mother's life, how would you solve this problem?
Bigger bootstraps? We all know how the right loves them some fetus, not so much the baby the fetus turns into once born.

Hundreds of thousands of unwanted babies born each year adds up to millions of unwanted children on the streets, in foster homes, or being mistreated by their birth parents within five years. They are all underfed, unhealthy, uninsured, uneducated, and unloved while growing up. They will later remain unemployed during adulthood, when their peers are working, have college degrees, etc.
<< cough >> Bullcrap << cough >>

<< cough >> Bullcrap << cough >>
Why is that? The RWNJs are about to make abortion illegal and start on birth control. No abortions, no birth control, and we're gonna be swimming in babies, mostly from lower income folks.

Well at least the math is better in this one. If abortion were made illegal, and if there were a child overpopulation issue, I guess we’d have to work harder at preventing those unwanted pregnancies.

Well at least the math is better in this one. If abortion were made illegal, and if there were a child overpopulation issue, I guess we’d have to work harder at preventing those unwanted pregnancies.

Preventing more unwanted pregnancies does absolutely nothing good for the unwanted born babies. What is your plan for them?

Why is that? The RWNJs are about to make abortion illegal and start on birth control. No abortions, no birth control, and we're gonna be swimming in babies, mostly from lower income folks.
Why?

Well first is that the OP's claims are total hyperbole. Did you read the OP, or what I highlighted from the OP in my post? Here it is again:

Hundreds of thousands of unwanted babies born each year adds up to millions of unwanted children on the streets, in foster homes, or being mistreated by their birth parents within five years. They are all underfed, unhealthy, uninsured, uneducated, and unloved while growing up. They will later remain unemployed during adulthood, when their peers are working, have college degrees, etc.

If you can't see the absurd hyperbole in that I can't help.

Moreover, the OP claims these "millions of unwanted children" are "all underfed, unhealthy, uninsured, uneducated, and unloved while growing up." That's an absurdity of absurdities.

Then do you realize that our fertility rate in the US is far below the necessary "replacement rate" needed to maintain the population - and has been since 2007?

Forget the fact that the left [obviously] doesn't want their children, can't care for their children, can't feed their children, and can't educate their children. They're killing off their progeny at such a pace they can't even replace themselves, let alone society in general. I realize there are other factors contributing to the low replacement rate - but when we, as a country, are killing off roughly 12% of the offspring of all our pregnancies - that isn't helping matters one iota.

The OP's claims are pure BS and have no relevancy whatsoever in reality.

We have been working at it and with better sex education which includes birth control information.
And better access to both control we’re have significantly lowere the abortion rate to the lowest level in almost 50 years.

Iwant the numbers of abortions to continue to become lower.
They are becoming much lower in the US, Canada , and other countries where they are legal.
Keeping them legal helps achieve that goal.

Countries where abortions are legal have fewer abortions than countries that ban them.

Info stats from a 2018 abortion study.

Switzerland had the lowest abortion rate at 5 per 1,000 women.
The U.S. rate is 13 per 1,000 women, the same as Britain's, the report found.
Colombia and Mexico had abortion rates of 34 per 1,000 women.
Pakistan’s estimated abortion rate was the highest at 50 per 1,000 women.

"Abortions take place around the world, no matter the legal setting," the report reads.
But, it adds, “Provision of abortion is lowest and safest where it has long been legal."

There's still the issue of a current child overpopulation to deal with. Preventing pregnancies is great. Allowing abortion will help keep unwanted pregnancies down too.

Forget the fact that the left [obviously] doesn't want their children, can't care for their children, can't feed their children, and can't educate their children. They're killing off their progeny at such a pace they can't even replace themselves, let alone society in general. I realize there are other factors contributing to the low replacement rate - but when we, as a country, are killing off roughly 12% of the offspring of all our pregnancies - that isn't helping matters one iota.
You've just been dismissed as a moron. Have a nice day.

Preventing more unwanted pregnancies does absolutely nothing good for the unwanted born babies. What is your plan for them?
I figured it would take you a few posts to get to your true point. So I thank you for getting to it in the interest of brevity.

You’re just here to say we must have abortions to cut down on numbers of babies. I answered your question (disguised as a point) in a logical fashion. If abortion were made illegal and there were an increase in babies flooding the streets, the next step is preventing those babies in the first place. Society would be forced to deal with the financial burden of those babies, and short of gas chambers which I’m not so sure you wouldn’t support, the only thing to do would be to work on prevention.

There's still the issue of a current child overpopulation to deal with. Preventing pregnancies is great. Allowing abortion will help keep unwanted pregnancies down too.
In the question that was really a statement abortion had been rendered illegal. That is the question I answered.

I figured it would take you a few posts to get to your true point. So I thank you for getting to it in the interest of brevity.

You’re just here to say we must have abortions to cut down on numbers of babies. I answered your question (disguised as a point) in a logical fashion. If abortion were made illegal and there were an increase in babies flooding the streets, the next step is preventing those babies in the first place. Society would be forced to deal with the financial burden of those babies, and short of gas chambers which I’m not so sure you wouldn’t support, the only thing to do would be to work on prevention.

It did not take me any more than one post to get my message across while you are still completely unwilling to answer the question.

Preventing more pregnancies has absolutely nothing to do with abortion laws. What is your solution for all the babies who are already born if abortion is illegal?

It did not take me any more than one post to get my message across while you are still completely unwilling to answer the question.

Preventing more pregnancies has absolutely nothing to do with abortion laws. What is your solution for all the babies who are already born if abortion is illegal?
Society, either through charity or governmental /taxpayer support, will have to step up. If abortion were made illegal. If that came to be, prevention must be next.

If abortion were illegal, then the problem would only get worse. Abortion can only help.
Again, gross. I think we all get where you stand. But I do think we agree that the question asked was not a real question, or was rhetorical at best.

Again, gross. I think we all get where you stand. But I do think we agree that the question asked was not a real question, or was rhetorical at best.
I will acknowledge there was a time in the 1900s when abortion was banned and crime.
That drove pregnant women to self abort or have back alley abortions leading to many deaths of young women.

To me the fact that US politicians are trying to drive women back to back alley abortions of the pre Roe days is gross.

Last edited:
I will acknowledge there was a time in the 1900s when abortion was banned and crime.
That drove pregnant women to self abort or have back alley abortions leading to many deaths of young women.

To me the fact that US politicians are trying to drive women back to back alley abortions of the pre Roe days is gross.
....but sucking the brains out of an unborn child, or ripping their limbs off, or poisoning them in the womb AREN'T gross?

Back
Top Bottom