• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pro-lifers: How do you want to solve child overpopulation without legal abortions?

You know perfectly well that I did address your point - specifically calling it a "procedure." You just didn't like the truth so are attempting to deflect it back on me. Ineffectively.
When you try to equate medical procedures with those of historical dictators, it's obvious you're trying to insert or elicit some emotional response and divert away from the procedure itself.

Thanks for the cut and paste. But Nowhere does it say abortifascients "poison" an embryo/fetus. You disingenuouly inserted that yourself. The medications in question block progesterone to halt the pregnancy and them trigger uterine contractions to expel the contents. It's generally effective and safe.
You're welcome. And you might consider trying "cut and paste" sometime - it's an incredibly common method for posting information on the Internet.

And "it" is the Planned Parenthood website (which I cited, btw) so of course "it" doesn't say "poison". "It" also calls the unborn baby a "pregnancy" and "tissue." And saying the abortion medicines are "safe" is accurate - but "safe" for the mother, not her unborn child - which it kills, as intended. So disingenuously attempting to label me disingenuous is an utter fail.

You're dismissed.

So disingenuously attempting to label me disingenuous is an utter fail.

Not really a "fail" at all.. Why? because you are either unaware that the unborn are not children, or you do know the unborn are not children, and are being disingenuous by referring to the unborn as children. Children enjoy/have/retain all of the rights as any adult. The unborn have zero rights, per the laws of the land.

You're welcome. And you might consider trying "cut and paste" sometime - it's an incredibly common method for posting information on the Internet.

And "it" is the Planned Parenthood website (which I cited, btw) so of course "it" doesn't say "poison". "It" also calls the unborn baby a "pregnancy" and "tissue." And saying the abortion medicines are "safe" is accurate - but "safe" for the mother, not her unborn child - which it kills, as intended. So disingenuously attempting to label me disingenuous is an utter fail.

You're dismissed.
Your dismissal is laughable. You stated the meds "poison," which it does not. So that is just a flat out lie! "Unborn baby" is an oxymoron and "pregnancy" and "tissue" are accurate terms. Yes, the meds are designed to end a pregnancy. That is the point. I even explained the mechanism of action behind it. So not only are you being disingenuous, you're also lying! And you've been called out on it.
It would seem you're the one who's dismissed now!

Not really a "fail" at all.. Why? because you are either unaware that the unborn are not children, or you do know the unborn are not children, and are being disingenuous by referring to the unborn as children. Children enjoy/have/retain all of the rights as any adult. The unborn have zero rights, per the laws of the land.
Y'all can play your little semantic games all you want to assuage your guilt over the obvious - it's clear you refuse to be persuaded, either factually, intellectually, or emotionally. So, we're done - and you're dismissed.

Y'all can play your little semantic games all you want to assuage your guilt over the obvious - it's clear you refuse to be persuaded, either factually, intellectually, or emotionally. So, we're done - and you're dismissed.
Speak for yourself. You've offered no facts and rely on appeals to emotion and misinformation.

Some people sure seem to be factually bankrupt.
And that infantile cheap shot about "assuaging guilt" just goes to validate the inept, bankrupt argument is rooted in 'emotion'---not 'facts'. Guarantee you I have much more skin in the game regarding the unborn than the judgmental 'finger pointer' does.

And that infantile cheap shot about "assuaging guilt" just goes to validate the inept, bankrupt argument is rooted in 'emotion'---not 'facts'. Guarantee you I have much more skin in the game regarding the unborn than the judgmental 'finger pointer' does.
I find most, if not all arguments against abortion are rooted in emotion and/or religion. Such arguments inherently have built in misinformation or bias, demonstrating a lack of credibility in the one making such an argument.

This "dehumanized" atheist and his wife ( both 69 years of age ) are currently raising two children, 3 and 7, because had we not taken on the responsibility of doing so, these two children would have been aborted. Yet @EdwinWillers claims I am "assuaging my guilt."
It's hilarious when they try to use the guilt card, as if that's going to mean anything, much less sway one's position. It's pure appeal to emotion, which is also a logical fallacy.

I would have to examine things a little more. Suffice to say, I would agree that a fairly large financial burden would be placed on society in many cases.
Let the anti choicers pay for them.

So if abortion were to be made illegal, the only people who should bear the financial burden are those who support abortion being illegal?
Sounds reasonable to me. Using the conservatives' own ever-present whine, "Why should I have to pay for the incarcerated, homeless, jobless, mentally disabled that the conservative Christian anti-abortion jerks created, by banning abortion (and probably contraceptives, also)?"

That seems fair. After all, abortion is far cheaper and easier than gestation, birth, and child rearing.

Sounds reasonable to me. Using the conservatives' own ever-present whine, "Why should I have to pay for the incarcerated, homeless, jobless, mentally disabled that the conservative Christian anti-abortion jerks created, by banning abortion (and probably contraceptives, also)?"

This is the part where I have to remind you that pregnancy is not something you catch from the air….

I’m still on the fence as far as abortion being legal or illegal, but the way you guys talk about it like it’s the only way of dealing with the issue is what I find a little disgusting.

You sound like a grumpy loser😄

This is the part where I have to remind you that pregnancy is not something you catch from the air….
Really??? !!!! Well, blow me down. Can you give us a link? 😅
I’m still on the fence as far as abortion being legal or illegal, but the way you guys talk about it like it’s the only way of dealing with the issue is what I find a little disgusting.
Abortion isn't not the only or the best solution to unplanned and unwanted pregnancy. But nobody in the anti-abortion movement wants to talk about how to reduce the number of abortions. You want disgusting? Disgusting is the reason why anti-abortion advocates only want to talk about abortion. Let us know when you are ready to stop talking about abortion and have a real conversation about contraception, universal health insurance, funding women's reproductive clinics, honest sex-education, real morality and the Constitution.

I suppose you need to be reminded only the woman gets pregnant, has to deal with all possible issues and complications of pregnancy and childbirth (to say nothing of associated costs), and has the right to choose to continue the pregnancy or not. Whether abortion is the only way of dealing with it is up to the woman to decide.

Let us know when you are ready to stop talking about abortion and have a real conversation about contraception, universal health insurance, funding women's reproductive clinics, honest sex-education, real morality and the Constitution.
Ummm, I have said that numerous times. Although dropping universal health insurance in there is a new twist.

Ummm, I have said that numerous times. Although dropping universal health insurance in there is a new twist.
What's holding you back from starting the conversation yourself. Talk honestly about what is going on with sex-ed in schools. Talk about contraceptives and what the far right is really up to. Talk about women like you thought they were intelligent and responsible people. Talk about what reproductive clinics are really doing instead of flinging accusations about aborting two days before birth.

Start an honest conversation. What's holding you back?

Last edited:
What's holding you back from starting the conversation yourself. Talk honestly about what is going on with sex-ed in schools. Talk about contraceptives and what the far right is really up to. Talk about women like you thought they were intelligent and responsible people. Talk about what reproductive clinics are really doing instead of flinging accusations about aborting two days before birth.

Start an honest conversation. What's holding you back?

Do you want me to start a new thread or something? The OP asked a question, I answered it. I’m not sure what you’re suggesting here.

I suppose you need to be reminded only the woman gets pregnant, has to deal with all possible issues and complications of pregnancy and childbirth (to say nothing of associated costs), and has the right to choose to continue the pregnancy or not. Whether abortion is the only way of dealing with it is up to the woman to decide.
“Only the woman” has to deal with the associated costs?

Back
Top Bottom