• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Pro-Life or Pro-Choice?

Pro-Life or Pro-Choice?

• Pro-Life

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Pro-Choice

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters

MCcorno89

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Just curious to see the feelings of you all out there.

I need a 3rd option: pro-choice and anti-abortion at the same time.

Binary_Digit said:
I need a 3rd option: pro-choice and anti-abortion at the same time.

That doesn't make any sense to me yet.
Care to elaborate?

Caine said:
That doesn't make any sense to me yet.
Care to elaborate?
Sure!

Abortion is a decision that no woman should have to make. Ideally, all children would be wanted, and all pregnancies would be planned. That should be the goal of both pro-life and pro-choice together. To minimize the number of abortions by minimizing the number of unwanted pregnancies. There are better and safer contraceptive methods out there. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. To me, abortion treats the symptom but not the problem. I don't believe anyone thinks abortion is a good thing. Nobody wants to encourage it to happen more often. Whether you believe the fetus is a child or not, any mother having to make that choice is not a desirable thing. That's why I'm anti-abortion.

But the disagreement is over what to do about it. To make abortion illegal would cause more problems than it solves. It would not make abortion go away. It would put abortion back on the black market with undertrained "doctors" and women using coat hangers on themselves. It would increase the number of unwanted and/or abused children, which to me is worse than an aborted fetus. I don't believe making it illegal is the best decision, so that's why I'm pro-choice.

Binary_Digit said:
Sure!

Abortion is a decision that no woman should have to make. Ideally, all children would be wanted, and all pregnancies would be planned. That should be the goal of both pro-life and pro-choice together. To minimize the number of abortions by minimizing the number of unwanted pregnancies. There are better and safer contraceptive methods out there. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. To me, abortion treats the symptom but not the problem. I don't believe anyone thinks abortion is a good thing. Nobody wants to encourage it to happen more often. Whether you believe the fetus is a child or not, any mother having to make that choice is not a desirable thing. That's why I'm anti-abortion.

But the disagreement is over what to do about it. To make abortion illegal would cause more problems than it solves. It would not make abortion go away. It would put abortion back on the black market with undertrained "doctors" and women using coat hangers on themselves. It would increase the number of unwanted and/or abused children, which to me is worse than an aborted fetus. I don't believe making it illegal is the best decision, so that's why I'm pro-choice.

If thats what it means, most of America agrees with you.
I don't know of many people that are pro-abortion.
But, A woman has the right to choose whether she is ready or capable of being a Mother.
Another point I thought of bringing up for those who think all pregnancies should be carried out. What about the crackwhore? Do you think its fair for you to take the crackwhore's right to an abortion when she knows she was doing crack the night she found out she was pregnant? Crack addicted babies are better off dead. Especially if raised by a crackwhore. There are so many situations out there that warrant the need for the right to choose.

Back
Top Bottom