• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pro Life or Pro Choice?

Pro Life or Pro Choice?

• Pro Life

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Lean Pro Life

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Lean Pro Choice

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Pro Choice

Votes: 15 65.2%

• Total voters

Spriggs05

Anarcho Facist
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Are you Pro Life or Pro Choice? or in the middle?

just a copy and past on my stance

I voted lean pro-choice

This is what I would do

First off whether you are for or against I don’t know anybody that thinks abortion is a great thing or pleasant. Most feel its reality and something that has to be. If I could eliminate the need for abortions I would, if I could just make it so they were never needed I would but that’s not reality.

Anyway the foundation of abortion is about two lives, TWO. That’s the foundation.

Now right after that fact is established the other facts come into play. Unfortunately one life resides inside the other, is not viable until 21wks and its presence alone is a risk of life to the mother.

With those facts acknowledged there is factually no way to grant equality on this issues. Theres no way to grant equal rights or protect human rights without also violating human rights.

Now people are free to form their own opinions or hierarchy of rights but there will be a violation period. It’s just about what an individual choose to value more or less. Some people admit this fact and some people deny it but it’s a fact none the less.

pregnancy is about 38 to 42 weeks so this is what I do

I leave abortion on demand totally legal up to 21 weeks (viability)
its none of my business why, no reasons are needed and i cant come up with one logical or rational reason to violate the woman’s current legal and human rights before viability.

22 to32wks fetal rights are granted. No longer is abortion on demand permitted. I would allow abortion at this stage for various reasons, the same basic reasons many countries allow: maternal life, health, mental health, and/or fetal defects.

33+wks even tighter restrictions, very extreme cases probably never happening.

but also be aware what abortion actually is, it is not the killing of the fetus so after viability a fetus that lives will have rights. (but by default these types of abortions would be rare anyway)

thats how abortion would go, as close to equal as possible and not violating human rights in just one direction the woman or the ZEF.

Now on to other areas

-Foster care/adoption reform would be a must. National adoption available to all those who qualify and race, gender, sexuality, single person etc are NOT things that will disqualify you.
-healthcare reform with relation to maternal and infant needs
-social services reform with relation to children, single parents etc etc
-Maternity and paternity leave written in federal law. Another area we are behind on. We are like one of the only major countries that doesnt have this. In the US Pregnant women cant be fired for being pregnant but paid or supplemental leave/pay is not in law. its pathetic. Parental leave - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
-Sex education, REAL sex education in all schools OPTIONAL starting at 6th grade mandatory in highschool along with optional parenting classes.
-Healthcare reform in relation to coverage of BC. It should be a cheap and available as possible.
- Expansion in Birth Control technologies. Contrary to the misinformation spread we are actually really good at not having unwanted children and avoiding abortion. People like to throw out the yearly number around 1-1.2 millon a year without any background or other stats. The fact of the matter is less than .1% of sex leads to abortion. So while improving this number probably isnt going to happen id still like to try.

paternal Rights
this is a very lopsided issue we have and it needs reformed to fix it.
IF the woman is going to have a baby or is deciding whether to or not the father must be notified ASAP.
He too will be given a time frame to decide if he wants to have legal rights (im guessing 16weeks allowing an extra month for the woman to decide)
Once a woman is pregnant the father must be notified as soon as possible and he is also given a time frame to claim legal rights to the child, if he chooses not too all his parental rights are null and void unless later granted voluntarily by the mother or but court rule.

of course all the other options would still remain, they both agree to put the baby up for adoption, mother could choose not to claim any legal rights and give them to the father etc etc

if the woman decides to abort then of course the man is out of luck.

Ok Im sure theres stuff I forgot but thats the basics, closer to equal than banning or unlimited abortions could ever be.

Reason is everything to me so I am other .

Pro choice, abortion should be funded by the government and be legal up until a person can talk in complete sentences.

I wish you'd broken the poll choices into more selections.

Like - I'm male and pro-life, I'm female and pro-life, I'm male and pro-choice, and I'm female and pro-choice.....

That being said - I voted pro-choice.

I called my position lean pro life. I think anytime you end a human life it is murder. But I am not in favor of making law based on what I think. I absolutely know it is murder after the point of viability.

I wish you'd broken the poll choices into more selections.

Like - I'm male and pro-life, I'm female and pro-life, I'm male and pro-choice, and I'm female and pro-choice.....

That being said - I voted pro-choice.

Im not interested in the demographics, just whether people are pro choice or pro life. Besides I've seen that done in a different poll. :)

Who cares?
Wanna abortion, go get one. Dont want one dont get one.
Its not illegal, its inhumane. Not illegal.

I'm pro choice
The truth is that life is a period from birth until death, so abortion is not murder, because a fetus is not a life. On top of that, a fetus is less than a human in almost everything that makes us human, including intelligence, social connections, experiences, and self awareness. The most important thing is that a woman's rights should always come before a fetus

I'm pro choice
The truth is that life is a period from birth until death, so abortion is not murder, because a fetus is not a life. On top of that, a fetus is less than a human in almost everything that makes us human, including intelligence, social connections, experiences, and self awareness. The most important thing is that a woman's rights should always come before a fetus

Welcome to DP. Put on your crash helmet and Buckle up. There are quite a few in this forum who don't agree. And many who do.

Who disagrees? I've been looking for someone to argue with

Back
Top Bottom