• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pro life is not the opposite of pro-choice.

Previously posted:

You and most people in this thread are using the word 'privacy' too literally.​
The court deliberations for the different precedents based on privacy a) were not for the most part decided by the RvW bench. I dont think any were. (hence 'pre') And b) were very clear on how they were being applied. It's not about 'hiding' information from others, it's about the right to conduct marriage, contraception, reproduction, medical decisions, etc without intrusion from the govt. That the govt had no right to decide those things for or deny them to individuals.​
Those things aren't protected by privacy. Those things are protected by simply rights. I have the right to marry to get married, i have the right to have kids, I have the right to seek medical attention. Even then, these acts routinely involve the government, because the government has an inherent interest in all these areas that will require them to disperse money and payments in the future.
If you want to know exactly how they were used in RvW and how they applied them...read it. Google it, see the list that Minnie616 posts all the time. Then articulate, from that, how you think they were not used properly.
I have read it, and doesn't say what you think it says. Blackmun's opinion was more about the privacy of the doctor to perform the abortions that his clients wanted. They weren't concerned about the privacy of the woman to get the abortion itself.
But those precedents have been used in the federal courts (and probably state) for decades to support many other decisions/issues besides abortion.
And I'm sure every decision is "correct" and "without flaw" 100% of the time, unless it is Dobbs, the one single decision that you're allowed to say is false, illegitimate, and based on terrible readings of the constitution and the like.

It’s a simple answer, yet so unwilling to actually answer it. Very telling
Uh-huh. When you actually want to debate abortion buy me a drink first. 👍

Those things aren't protected by privacy. Those things are protected by simply rights. I have the right to marry to get married, i have the right to have kids, I have the right to seek medical attention. Even then, these acts routinely involve the government, because the government has an inherent interest in all these areas that will require them to disperse money and payments in the future.

Actually, since their precedents identify which amendments, the ones protected under the 4th are, as interpreted and defined by SCOTUS's past and present...they are under the umbrella of 'privacy. ' And that umbrella is legally defined. Alito referred to it and chose to remove abortion, even tho other reproductive rights WERE still protected and he called them out specifically (yet without reason) as still protected.

The others you name are protected under the 9th...which abortion was and should be. Is there a reason why you believe abortion should not be protected under the 9th? It was part of the RvW decision and Alito lied when he made the argument the right to abortion needed to be enumerated in the Const.

Would you like a cited list of 9th A rights? Abortion is still listed on it.

I have read it, and doesn't say what you think it says. Blackmun's opinion was more about the privacy of the doctor to perform the abortions that his clients wanted. They weren't concerned about the privacy of the woman to get the abortion itself.

Correct, again you demonstrate you dont understand the right to privacy. That statement makes it very clear re: women. Please refer back to my post that Minnie quoted.

And I'm sure every decision is "correct" and "without flaw" 100% of the time, unless it is Dobbs, the one single decision that you're allowed to say is false, illegitimate, and based on terrible readings of the constitution and the like.

I just gave a few reasons why I believe Dobbs was incorrectly decided but it's certainly not the only one I think the same of.

I'll keep on saying it. If you claim that a woman had a choice not to have sex and that is the basis on which to make anti-abortion laws, then you either have to mention that you make an exception for rape or explain a different basis. Anti-abortion with an exception for rape is not pro embryonic or fetal life, and anti-abortion without an exception for rape is so inherently vicious and inhumane that any argument you're making is automatically invalid. Good luck with that.

That's not a guarantee. It's also only if she wants to continue a pregnancy.

A woman may choose to continue a pregnancy or not. Also a fact of life. Why can you not understand that?
Considering “pro-life” is any situation that deals with the child being born. The “pro-choice” people are quite disingenuous and won’t actually say they are “pro-death”. Between birth control, condoms, and every other form of contraception…..plus plan b….the only way a woman ends up with an unplanned pregnancy is negligence on her part. Considering the vast majority of abortions are elective and being used as a form of birth control, which the supreme court never agreed with, it seems to me that people are mad that they might actually have to make better choices now.

Not if she aborts.

You remind me, I need to do laundry so I can cover my feet.
It’s too bad that is not what the original Roe V Wade ruling agreed with. Since then the water has become so muddied that they wouldn’t even recognize the arguments being made today. They would probably have ruled differently had they seen the future.

Give an inch and they will take miles.

Attachments

• B678D92C-0DCD-4A31-817F-9E987690BA0E.jpeg
    B678D92C-0DCD-4A31-817F-9E987690BA0E.jpeg
    181.5 KB · Views: 1
Considering “pro-life” is any situation that deals with the child being born. The “pro-choice” people are quite disingenuous and won’t actually say they are “pro-death”. Between birth control, condoms, and every other form of contraception…..plus plan b….the only way a woman ends up with an unplanned pregnancy is negligence on her part. Considering the vast majority of abortions are elective and being used as a form of birth control, which the supreme court never agreed with, it seems to me that people are mad that they might actually have to make better choices now.
It sounds like pro-life is closed or narrow minded, if they don't want to consider anything other than birth. Pro-choice is simply allowing the woman to choose to continue a pregnancy or not. Why she would choose to end a pregnancy and her reasons are hers and hers alone, and no one else's business! Same as why she would choose to continue a pregnancy.

It sounds like pro-life is closed or narrow minded, if they don't want to consider anything other than birth. Pro-choice is simply allowing the woman to choose to continue a pregnancy or not. Why she would choose to end a pregnancy and her reasons are hers and hers alone, and no one else's business! Same as why she would choose to continue a pregnancy.
Again, that’s not actually what Roe V Wade even said. You believe the modern propaganda, I’m sorry.

Attachments

• 1ABF707D-0D75-4155-9986-9054EFD980AB.jpeg
    1ABF707D-0D75-4155-9986-9054EFD980AB.jpeg
    181.5 KB · Views: 2
Again, that’s not actually what Roe V Wade even said. You believe the modern propaganda, I’m sorry.
I've made no mention of Roe. Neither does it refute anything I said.

Back
Top Bottom