• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pro-Life Controls US House and Possibly the Senate

Do you have evidence that tax payer dollars are used for abortions? I honestly don't know, so I'm asking.

I'm not going to donate money to a terrorist organization just because they feed the homeless? Are you?

I wonder how many were killed as a form of birth control or because it was an inconveniant time. I think we make abortions out to be so common and no big deal, that women may be more careless because of it.
I know this is only one case, but I knew a who slept around a lot, got pregnant even though she had been offered rides and money to planned parenthood for birth control several times. Of course she had to go there eventually for an abortion. She was 26, not a drug addict or anything. She thought nothing of getting an abortion. I found out later it was her fifth one. It makes me sick that some people can be so callous about killing an unborn baby.

The are emotionally detached from it. Many chose to pull the veil over their eyes and sate "it's a clump of cells" or call it a parasite. They emotionally remove themselves from the fact that it's an unborn baby. Do you think someone could preform a partial birth abortion on a baby that popped out of the womb? I doubt they could stomach it. People remove themselves from the child and thus justify killing it. It's such an injustice.

Yes, you are talking about adding millions of extra babies if you take away abortion as an option. Overpopulation is the biggest contributor to starvation, environmental destruction, disease, and general human misery on this planet. This isn't even the main reason I support abortions being available, but it is a pretty good one.

Im not talking about taking abortion away. I have said numerous times I think both sides in the abortion arguments are ridiculous. I am talking about promoting responsibility, about offering intelligent and realistic choice. About the right putting their money where their mouth is and the left getting over the inane 'keep your hands off my body' bull****, both sides putting down the political rhetoric and posturing and affecting real and positive change. Its not just a choice...it is a baby. And screaming insults at a scared 17 year old is as immoral an act as the one the anti-abortion set protests. Maybe the answer is promoting more responsible sex, more responsible adults. hell, teaching children that arent yet ready to be parents that sex is not the end all beat all to lifes existence and irresponsible actions come with consequences. But with love and support those consequences dont HAVE to necessarily be fatal.

I though we were talking about defunding Planned Parenthood. Not banning abortion, which will never happen.

How about working WITH Planned Parenthood (sure...use private donations-for all the talk about the left it's not like the anti-abortion set isnt spending millions each year in their protests) to provide REAL choices?

How about working WITH Planned Parenthood (sure...use private donations-for all the talk about the left it's not like the anti-abortion set isnt spending millions each year in their protests) to provide REAL choices?

Sorry, I'm too pro-life to work with any organizations that perform abortions. Besides, the only "good" work they do involves bith control, sex ed etc. They do nothing to help women who are pregnanta and want to keep their babies. At least not to my knowledge.

I recently found a place here to work with that helps expecting girls/ women through the pregnancy and for at least a few years after the baby is born. They are pro-life and don't give abortion referrals. I think their donations only come from churches and private citizens, though I'm not positive.

I just went there the first time a few weeks ago. A friend was dropping off baby stuff and I went in with her. After talking a while I gave them a small donation. I'm hoping to do more in the future.

OK...logical next step then...lets just wipe out those other inconvenient humans??? We arent talking about just randomly adding a million extra babies...we are talking about the careless slaughter of millions for the crime of being inconvenient.

Maybe I should point out I've digressed away from the OP - and I've been bantering on in a philosophical analytical tone for the last several posts.

Which points to my exit from the thread since I'm no longer focused on it.

I'm not going to donate money to a terrorist organization just because they feed the homeless? Are you?

Uhh what did that have to do with my question? Do you know the answer?

Sorry, I'm too pro-life to work with any organizations that perform abortions. Besides, the only "good" work they do involves bith control, sex ed etc. They do nothing to help women who are pregnanta and want to keep their babies. At least not to my knowledge.

I recently found a place here to work with that helps expecting girls/ women through the pregnancy and for at least a few years after the baby is born. They are pro-life and don't give abortion referrals. I think their donations only come from churches and private citizens, though I'm not positive.

I just went there the first time a few weeks ago. A friend was dropping off baby stuff and I went in with her. After talking a while I gave them a small donation. I'm hoping to do more in the future.

No doubt you're talking about one of the infamous crisis pregnancy centers. You should learn more about them before endorsing them. Unless of course, you endorse lying.

Right-Wing Christian Pregnancy Centers Linked to Violence | | AlterNet

The deceptive tactics of many of the country’s CPCs -- which are estimated to total between 2,300 and 4,000 centers nationwide -- have been well-documented: They often mislead women about whether they perform abortions, mimicking the style or names of abortion clinics and operating in close proximity to them. Some provide misinformation about women’s pregnancy status or due date, or suggest unproven links between abortion and cancer, infertility or suicide. Yet despite these fraudulent practices, CPCs have received millions in funding from both federal and state coffers.

CPCs have long had connections with the most extremist anti-abortion cohorts. The zealous anti-abortion group Operation Rescue, which doggedly pursued Dr. Tiller, has long urged its supporters to get involved with CPCs and sidewalk counseling. In its 1990s guide “How to Stop Abortion in Your Community,” Operation Rescue of California recommended volunteering at the local CPC and sidewalk counseling “right at the doors of the abortion mill.”

Just the presence of a CPC in the vicinity of an abortion clinic ups the potential for violence. A recent survey by the Feminist Majority Foundation of women’s reproductive-health clinics nationwide found 32.7 percent of clinics located near a CPC experienced one or more incidents of severe violence, compared to only 11.3 percent of clinics not near a CPC. (Severe violence includes clinic blockades and invasions, bombings, arson, bombing and arson threats, death threats, chemical attacks, stalking, physical violence and gunfire.)

Seems like those are factless accusations and lumping all pro-lifers into the group that supported the murder of Tiller... Illogical.

No, it's a fact that MOST CPCs DO lie to patients. It is so common that legislation has been proposed, and passed in some localities, to protect women.

Stop Deceptive Advertising Women

I’ve written about Crisis Pregnancy Centers and the lies they tell before both recently and back in November of 2008. Crisis Pregnancy Centers (CPCs) deliberately misinform patients about their options, the status of their pregnancy, and even lie about whether or not patients have illnesses or not. Telling a woman she’s 6 weeks along instead of 12 – giving her the impression she has more time to make the decision than she really does – that is simply unconscionable.

The National Abortion Federation has more information and more warnings about CPCs and so does Planned Parenthood. There are stories everywhere about CPCs lying to women. More local governments should enact regulations like the one in Montgomery County. It might result in some women getting more accurate information.

Ms. Magazine reports that Representative Carolyn Maloney and Senator Robert Menendez are re-introducing an important bill that will bring a stop to the lies of CPCs.

The Stop Deceptive Advertising Women’s Services Act (SDAW) is back on the table. Rep. Carolyn Maloney (D-NY) and Sen. Robert Menendez (D-NJ) have re-introduced the bill that would stop crisis pregnancy centers (CPCs)–anti-abortion-counseling offices that often masquerade as health-care providers–from using false advertising. SDAW would direct the Federal Trade Commission to declare it “an unfair or deceptive act” for a CPC to advertise as an abortion provider when in fact it does not provide any medical abortion services or referrals.

Uhh what did that have to do with my question? Do you know the answer?

You asked if I had proof of PP using tax payer dollars for abortions.
I don't need proof. It doesn't matter if they do or not. I don't want my tax dollars going there.
It would be akin to giving donations to a terrorist group because they also fed the homeless. I don't care if the money is kept separate, it's still a terrorist group.

I deleted my post because I didn't want to get into this, but whatever. What about abortion clinics that break laws, encourage abortion, and hurt minors? What about the racist clinics? They cover for pedophiles and rapists. Abortion clinics murder thousands everyday under the guise of "womans health."

I deleted my post because I didn't want to get into this, but whatever. What about abortion clinics that break laws, encourage abortion, and hurt minors? What about the racist clinics? They cover for pedophiles and rapists. Abortion clinics murder thousands everyday under the guise of "womans health."

I agree. To condemn CPC's for disception without addressing the things you mention is a bit hypocritical.
I don't know that CPC's are as many and as deceptive as posted.
However I find it hard to be more upset with them because they are just trying to save lives, while PP wants to kill more for profit and political reasons.

I think thats an honorable step. But at some point to effect positive change for all, it has to stop being about enemies and become about working together. Otherwise the next 30 years will be no dofferent than the last 30 years

You asked if I had proof of PP using tax payer dollars for abortions.
I don't need proof. It doesn't matter if they do or not. I don't want my tax dollars going there.
It would be akin to giving donations to a terrorist group because they also fed the homeless. I don't care if the money is kept separate, it's still a terrorist group.

From the links I've seen posted on this forum and your answer here it sounds like planned parenthood doesn't use taxpayer money to fund abortions. That was my question. I hear that you don't want your money going there, but I really doubt that is going to change anytime soon. I've met very few people who don't want to help young people become pregnant or contract STDs.

I agree. To condemn CPC's for disception without addressing the things you mention is a bit hypocritical.
I don't know that CPC's are as many and as deceptive as posted.
However I find it hard to be more upset with them because they are just trying to save lives, while PP wants to kill more for profit and political reasons.

It's OK with you for CPC's to LIE because their intentions are good? The end justifies the means? They are that many and that deceptive, so much so that legislation is being pushed in many areas to protect women from dishonesty. They are not trying to help women, they are trying to manipulate them.

Beware of Antiabortion Crisis Pregnancy Centers

Beware of Anti-abortion Crisis Pregnancy Centers
In small and large towns throughout the United States (and all over the Internet), anti-abortion groups have set up "crisis pregnancy centers" or "pregnancy counseling centers" or "pregnancy help centers." They are often located near high schools. These centers follow a format promoted by the Pearson Foundation to deliberately misinform and mislead young women.

Going by the names, Crisis Pregnancy Center, Pregnancy Aid, Birth Right, Open Door, CareNet, Life Choices, or Pregnancy Counseling Center, these groups want to be the first contact a woman makes when she thinks she might be pregnant, so they can talk her out of considering abortion.

Anti-abortion pregnancy centers are listed in the yellow pages under "abortion alternatives." They do NOT provide abortion. Many offer free pregnancy tests or pregnancy counseling as a means to lure you in. On the Internet they also use deceptive names like prochoice.com, and pregnancycenters.org. They do NOT provide referrals for abortion.

Nearly all of these centers are operated by churches or religious organizations. They refer to themselves as a "ministry" to save women's souls.

Most anti-abortion centers will not give out information by phone, they insist you come into their office. Women have reported waiting up to an hour for the results of a pregnancy test that should only take a few minutes. While waiting, they are forced to watch anti-abortion videos or be surrounded by anti-abortion propaganda. Some women have then been denied the results of their pregnancy test when they say they want an abortion or indicate they want the test result to be able to apply for medical assistance.

Women describe being harassed, intimidated, and given blatantly false information, or being forced to pray with the crisis pregnancy center's staff. They complain that their confidential information was used against them. In some cases, they were followed home, and mail and phone calls intruded into their homes.

From the links I've seen posted on this forum and your answer here it sounds like planned parenthood doesn't use taxpayer money to fund abortions. That was my question. I hear that you don't want your money going there, but I really doubt that is going to change anytime soon. I've met very few people who don't want to help young people become pregnant or contract STDs.
It's Time to De-Fund Planned Parenthood - Mike Pence - Townhall Conservative

If we keep on them, it just might happen

I just learned recently that the Birth Right centers in my area are anti-abortion and very sneaky about it. I never would have had any idea from their advertisements, since they keep repeating they provide women with "so many choices." I figured that was code for abortions. Instead they draw in pregnant women seeking real options and then bombard them with anti-abortion rhetoric. I don't understand why they aren't just up front about it. There are plenty of women who know they don't want abortions and would probably feel more comfortable going to a place that doesn't provide them.

Pr0-Life Democrats in the US Senate:

.................................................. Naral Pro-Choice Rating
ND U.S. Senate Sr Kent Conrad Democratic-NPL 55
ND U.S. Senate Jr Byron Dorgan Democratic-NPL 55

NV U.S. Senate Sr Harry Reid Democratic 30

SD U.S. Senate Sr Tim Johnson Democratic 55
WI U.S. Senate Sr Herbert Kohl Democratic 65

Project Vote Smart - NARAL Pro-Choice America Rating

"With just three seats separating Democrats from Republicans, Reid will find himself having to adopt a much more conciliatory tone over the next two years. Even though he won't have to face his voters for another six years, if he wants to retain his post as Majority Leader, he'll need to demonstrate to his own members that he's able to reach meaningful and mutually beneficial outcomes with Republicans."

How Much Control Will the GOP Have Over the Senate in 2011?

//

Reid and Pelosi will be a headache to Obama for two more years. :mrgreen:

Are those pro life Senators you listed also known as Blue Dogs?

ricksfolly

There are 15 Blue Dog Senators. They call themselved Moderates. Blue Dogs is the name thought up by Ex CA Dem Rep Gary Condit, for House conservative Democrats.

Some Blue Dog US Senators want to remain anonymous.

Udall, Bennet join Blue Dog group of ‘moderate’ Democratic senators « Colorado Independent

Gary Condit became more famous for dating Chandra Levy, than for forming the Blue Dogs.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/chandry-levy-killer-found-guilty/story?id=12212654

There was some discussion that Chandra may have been pregnant, but I don't recall learning whether she was or not.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...friend-she-was-pregnant-by-condit-677669.html

Why wasn't Chandra Levy's murderer charged with two counts of murder?

//

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom