• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pro-Life Controls US House and Possibly the Senate

LOL, yea I guess killing babies could be a cost saving in some cases.
Please show where only 2% of PP 's work is abortions. That has got to be way too low.

Did you read that services of PP save more than 800,000 abortions annually? You are woefully misinformed, read up before you talk about it.

Limbaugh falsely suggests Planned Parenthood mainly provides abortions | Media Matters for America

SUMMARY: On his radio show, Rush Limbaugh falsely suggested that Planned Parenthood mainly provides abortions, saying, "You go into Planned Parenthood for an abortion, all right?" In fact, according to the Planned Parenthood website, 3 percent of its health services are abortion services

Looks like PP doesn't need funding. Problem solved.
The Greening of Planned Parenthood - Kathryn Jean Lopez - National Review Online

The inconvenient truth, of course, is it’s going to take nothing short of an abortion of history to
change what Planned Parenthood is all about. Conceived at the turn of the last century by the leader of the eugenics movement, Margaret Sanger,Planned Parenthood performed about one in every five abortions in America in 2005 (the latest figures available).
Further, Planned Parenthood is a booming business. The Journal article this morning reports that PP took in $1 billion in its last financial report. According to the piece, about a third of that revenue comes from federal and state grants for low-income women. “The nonprofit ended the year with a surplus of $115 million, or about 11% of its revenue, and net assets of $952 million.”

Last edited:
Glad to see our congress spend their efforts on party politics and not on legislation that could actually help people. Also, glad to see that our real trouble is making sure that women don't have as much sexual freedom. Much more important than economic stability or ending needless wars.

Finally my government is doing what I elected them to do.

If any pro-life person actually expects the incoming Congress to give you what you desire on the abortion question, you have a very big surprise in store for you.

Glad to see our congress spend their efforts on party politics and not on legislation that could actually help people. Also, glad to see that our real trouble is making sure that women don't have as much sexual freedom. Much more important than economic stability or ending needless wars.

It's not the federal governments job to get involved in or fund family planning/abortions/sex ed.

Reactions: mac
If any pro-life person actually expects the incoming Congress to give you what you desire on the abortion question, you have a very big surprise in store for you.

I'd be relatively happy if we just defunded PP.
It's a start and it's a cut in the budget.

Planned parenthood has plenty of money. Defunding them will not save one single baby. PP will still have the resources to keep on killing, so don't worry. But at least pro-lifers won't be forced to pay for it, and it will cut our budget.

Planned parenthood has plenty of money. Defunding them will not save one single baby. PP will still have the resources to keep on killing, so don't worry. But at least pro-lifers won't be forced to pay for it, and it will cut our budget.

Every dollar the government spends on family planning saves $4. It's just economic good sense to fund PP. Defunding PP will cost us all more in the end. PP prevents more than 800,000 abortions every year. And NONE, absolutely NONE, of federal tax dollars is spent on abortion, except for medicaid patients who are victims of rape, incest, or life-threatening conditions.

Every dollar the government spends on family planning saves $4. It's just economic good sense to fund PP. Defunding PP will cost us all more in the end. PP prevents more than 800,000 abortions every year. And NONE, absolutely NONE, of federal tax dollars is spent on abortion, except for medicaid patients who are victims of rape, incest, or life-threatening conditions.

Planned parenthood has more than enough money to fund itself and if it had any conscience, would have asked to be defunded itself long ago.

They are rolling in the dough. They don't need funding from us. We will be saving $5 instead of $4.

They are rolling in the dough. They don't need funding from us. We will be saving $5 instead of $4.

If they have so much money, they could expand to areas that are poorly covered with free or reduced rate family planning clinics. If they have enough money, it is because people realize the benefits and donate, not because of tax money.

Instead of killing off Planned Parenthood, perhaps conserrvatives would be better served ensuring Planned Parenthood and other federally funded organizations provided women real options other than 'abort' or "tough **** deal with your problems on your own."

Instead of killing off Planned Parenthood, perhaps conserrvatives would be better served ensuring Planned Parenthood and other federally funded organizations provided women real options other than 'abort' or "tough **** deal with your problems on your own."

Like what?

If they have so much money, they could expand to areas that are poorly covered with free or reduced rate family planning clinics. If they have enough money, it is because people realize the benefits and donate, not because of tax money.

They do have so much money, but why haven't they used it to do what you indicated?

How do you guys know how much money planned parenthood has?

They do have so much money, but why haven't they used it to do what you indicated?

Probably they're saving for a rainy day....that is when government cuts off funding.

Like what?

Like putting your money where your Right To Life sign is and provide health care, adoption options, financial support, or any other method other than screaming in their faces that they are murderers. Talk is cheap.

I am not sure how the US Senate will end up.

"Richard immediately launched into her organization’s main concern, a bill sponsored by pro-life Rep. Mike Pence that would de-fund Planned Parenthood."

Not surprising... Republicans rarely open new issues, only ones with enough negative support going in, but I do wish they'd keep their noses out of doctor's and women's business.

ricksfolly

Not surprising... Republicans rarely open new issues, only ones with enough negative support going in, but I do wish they'd keep their noses out of doctor's and women's business.

ricksfolly
when you are recieving money from the government, it's every taxpayer's and voter's business, i think.

With our current WORLD WIDE problems, crisis and situations - mass unemployment, failing, dissolving and crumbing infrastructures, education systems, legal systems and so forth the LAST thing I think anyone needs to actually give a damn about is the abortion issue - more so - reversing our current standing.

How about we try to improve the world before we insist in birthing more children into it?

Like putting your money where your Right To Life sign is and provide health care, adoption options, financial support, or any other method other than screaming in their faces that they are murderers. Talk is cheap.

Well, you're being a little overly hostile. But, to be honest, it's not conservatives that have made adoption so difficult in the US, the rest of your argument is the standard nonsense coming from your side.

With our current WORLD WIDE problems, crisis and situations - mass unemployment, failing, dissolving and crumbing infrastructures, education systems, legal systems and so forth the LAST thing I think anyone needs to actually give a damn about is the abortion issue - more so - reversing our current standing.

How about we try to improve the world before we insist in birthing more children into it?

How about we do both.

Well, you're being a little overly hostile. But, to be honest, it's not conservatives that have made adoption so difficult in the US, the rest of your argument is the standard nonsense coming from your side.

"My side"? What exactly is 'my side'? I think abortion is wrong but am smart enough to recognize that if you ban it the wealthy will still get it safely and the poor will get it but it will be unsafe. I am tired of BOTH the anti and pro abortion arguments...its all lip service and bull****. Hostile? Why...because I expect people to stand by what they say instead of blathering on and throwing out political rhetoric? If people actually CARE about both the mothers AND the babies, the billions spent on the politics of this issue would go a long way to actually providing opportunites.

Back
Top Bottom