• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pro-illegal retard compares border patrol to the KKK

You can disagree with her all you want, there's no ultimate authority that makes you right though. She's every bit as entitled to her opinion as you are matter how rediculous it seems. I tend to her side of this debate (even that might be an understatement) but I would never say anything like what she is saying. That being said, calling her a retard because of what she believes isn't far from her likening the BP to the KKK because of the nature of their mission. It's an unnecessaryily vulgar and dehumanizing comparison. I see it as hypocritical, and there's no way you're going to convince me that it isn't by trying to claim she actually is a retard any more than I could convince you that what she said is fine by arguing that the BP is actually like the KKK.

She's entitled to her opinion. Unquestionably. But we're equally entitled to mock her for opinion. One thing people don't seem to understand is not all opinions are created equally. Not all opinions are unique, beautiful flowers of thought. Some opinions are just flat out stupid. Stupid beyond words in the case of this lady. She's WRONG. By any objective standard or comparison our border patrol is not comparable to the KKK. Her opinion is similar to me stating "the sky is green". It's 100% wrong. No one should shriek how dehumanizing it is when people point out how wrong my opinion is.

From what I've seen of the border patrol (admittedly, a pretty limited amount), they seem like pretty normal rational people to me, just doing their job.

Well, I've never witnessed the border patrol in action... so I really couldn't say. I wouldnt compare people in a bureaucracy doing their jobs to the KKK. To the gestapo, possibly, but not the KKK.

Back
Top Bottom