• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pro Athletes and Covid Protocols.

Chillfolks

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
‘I made a poor choice’: Cleveland pitcher regrets breaking coronavirus protocol | WAVY.com

Last week I posted a story about a mayor threating to shut off utlilites for citizens disobeying the Covid protocols. Here we have a storya MLB. pitcher who broke protocols, a few weeks back a NBA player did something similar. My question is should pro athletes be punished for breaking the protocols their sports have in place and if so what should those punishments be. Would it be up to the league to decide or should state local or federal governments be responsible for such punishment

‘I made a poor choice’: Cleveland pitcher regrets breaking coronavirus protocol | WAVY.com

Last week I posted a story about a mayor threating to shut off utlilites for citizens disobeying the Covid protocols. Here we have a storya MLB. pitcher who broke protocols, a few weeks back a NBA player did something similar. My question is should pro athletes be punished for breaking the protocols their sports have in place and if so what should those punishments be. Would it be up to the league to decide or should state local or federal governments be responsible for such punishment
I think they should lose a limb for defying progressive orthodoxy

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

If they break team protocols, they absolutely should face consequences.

The NBA already has punishments in place. Breaking protocols results in a longer quarantine period and more rigorous testing which I understand to mean that the swab is taken from deeper in the nostril. That method of testing is more accurate, but it is extremely uncomfortable and can even be painful.

Ok a lot extreme I was thinking more along loose some pay, get fined and have that donate to Covid related charities, and game suspensions beyond any quarantine time. I would like to see the Leagues step up in enforcement of their rules. To the best of my knowledge these players new and agreed to the protocols well in advance. Also for every pro player thumbing their nose at the agreed upon protocols there are dozens of farm team members eager to follow them to the letter for a shot at chance to play on a pro level.

The NBA already has punishments in place. Breaking protocols results in a longer quarantine period and more rigorous testing which I understand to mean that the swab is taken from deeper in the nostril. That method of testing is more accurate, but it is extremely uncomfortable and can even be painful.

I had to get a test a few weeks back. Not a fun time

You may not be aware that pro sports is a big, big business.

The team does not want their players taking any unnecessary risks that could injure them or team mates. A player contacting the virus and then bringing it into the locker room could cost them millions.
Just look at your standard NBA contract that prohibits boxing, professional wrestling, motorcycling, moped-riding, auto-racing, sky-diving and hang-gliding. And I imagine a COVID protocol has been added to that contract.

Back
Top Bottom