• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pro-Abortion, no different than Pro-Slavery

How so?.....

Sex slavery and sex trafficking occurs in America. It's not just a problem in countries like Thailand, and there are many websites (most notably Craigslist) that use code words so buyers know they'll be paying to have sex with a child and not a woman. I don't know the other websites, but I have read enough about the Craigslist uproar to know authorities are aware of those websites, and the exploitation of forcing women and children to have sex for money is more obvious than on Craigslist.

And my friend was a child worker in a Guatemala sweatshop factory before coming to America, and he told me about the abuse he went through making items that were bought and shipped. He was verbally and physically abused and forced to work long hard hours without food or water.

Sweatshops and Child Labor

Read the Child Labor section

And my friend was a child worker in a Guatemala sweatshop factory before coming to America, and he told me about the abuse he went through making items that were bought and shipped. He was verbally and physically abused and forced to work long hard hours without food or water.

Sweatshops and Child Labor

Read the Child Labor section

in Guatemala, not America

oh God please don't ask....we'll get some long ass, liberal diatribe about how the evil greedy rich bastards enslave the poor innocent working class. :2bigcry:

Just because I don't think abortion should be criminalised I am a liberal.. that is funny

I don't think abortion should be protected right by the government either. I don't think the government should have a role in much of anything (marriage, busting unions, protecting unions, the drug war) and should be drastically reduced

Just because I don't think abortion should be criminalised I am a liberal.. that is funny

I don't think abortion should be protected right by the government either. I don't think the government should have a role in much of anything (marriage, busting unions, protecting unions, the drug war) and should be drastically reduced

sorry for the assumption, no offense intended. it is just that typically on these type forums, when anyone mentions there is still slavery in America, that is what you get.

I read the stuff in that link, it's AWFUL. It's propaganda plain and simple. The first one claims that pro-choicers say "no doubt a fetus is a human." WHAT?! No, there is doubt, we don't know that. Later, they take out "state's rights," and insert "women's rights," which is 100% hypocrisy. Women's rights, to them, aren't even human rights. They discredit themselves again.

But the simple fact is that you can't have an argument against a straw man. This is why abortion is such a hot button issue. If you are pro-life, you have to actually acknowledge that there is no scientific consensus on when an egg or a zygote or a fetus becomes a human being. And when you argue with the presumption that everybody agrees that every abortion kills an innocent human being, you're just talking to yourself. This kind of debate really makes us all dumber.

in Guatemala, not America

But he was making products for American companies to ship back into the states to sell in outlets at low prices..

But he was making products for American companies to ship back into the states to sell in outlets at low prices..

so now America is responsible for policing every single county on the planet that it does business with? isn't that what the liberals are always complaining about us doing?

so now America is responsible for policing every single county on the planet that it does business with? isn't that what the liberals are always complaining about us doing?

No America isn't responsible for policing other countries, but American companies should be aware what locals are doing with the money they invest in them to deliver goods. It's an issue of business partnership... would you go into business with somebody willing to exploit others so you both could profit?

That's cute, but the more ACCURATE comparison of slavery with abortion, or rather the lack of it, is that forced gestation makes slaves of women. Women lose control of their lives when forced to continue an unwanted pregnancy.

I agree. This is the American Taliban, attempting to force their beliefs on everybody else. What kind of future America do they want? Oh, the irony.

HJmjz.jpg

No America isn't responsible for policing other countries, but American companies should be aware what locals are doing with the money they invest in them to deliver goods. It's an issue of business partnership... would you go into business with somebody willing to exploit others so you both could profit?

The issue that I have, and I would suggest Oscar has too, is your statement that "America engages in this" when it is companies.
It was a disengenious comment that Liberals make... bashing "America" or the name America for the actions of some within it.

Back
Top Bottom