• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pro-Abortion, no different than Pro-Slavery

well, for the record, it's not pro abortion, either. it's pro choice. nobody is pro abortion.

You mean we don't run around trying to make every pregnant woman get an abortion? I bet that'll be a shocker to the anti-choicers. ;) Or should we say, "Pro-female-slavers"

And....just curious...why is no one pro-abortion?

Semantics - which don't actually matter.
It's the view that matters, not what people want to label it.

g;ad to see you women are finally realising this :2razz:

I know, right? We should just move on into the tagging stage, maybe build us some corrals to keep us contained to make sure we don't do anything that could possibly harm their precious little 'children' before they're born.

Last edited:
Fight to end world poverty
Fight to end hunger and malnutrition
Fight to end inadequate health care

Fight for the children who ARE alive before you preach to me about how I should be overly concern with the children who aren't.

It's all part of the package for some of us. Despite the popular assertion by pro-choicers, most of us pro-lifers don't actually high five each other and then walk away every time a child is born. Many of us support those things you just mentioned.

It's all part of the package for some of us. Despite the popular assertion by pro-choicers, most of us pro-lifers don't actually high five each other and then walk away every time a child is born. Many of us support those things you just mentioned.

I do, too. Both of us do. My husband and I donate to various charities and offer other means of support in an effort to see an end to such realities in life. . . without adding to the problems, we try to help eliminate them.

I would say the only time they lost control is when they allowed conception to occur.

Women have also lost control when other people interfere in their medical decisions, their reproductive decisions, their LIFE decisions. If you are so convinced you are right, why aren't you content to live your own life by those choices instead of forcing others to live by your moral standards? Could it be that you have a TINY doubt whether you're right, and forcing your views on others by law validates your opinions?

It's the same people doing it too. What's interesting is that they're killing their voter future voting base.

You're taking for granted that children will follow the same political and religious beliefs of their parents. Tain't so.

The great Elizabeth Cady Stanton's quote in my signature fits this thread. People forget that the most famous early feminists were against abortion.

You're taking for granted that children will follow the same political and religious beliefs of their parents. Tain't so.

I would say most of them do follow their parents' lead. That's okay. More conservatives will be allowed to live. You all just kill yourselves off.

The great Elizabeth Cady Stanton's quote in my signature fits this thread. People forget that the most famous early feminists were against abortion.

We don't forget, we just don't care. It's irrelevant.

If you're FOR abortion, you're pro-abortion. You're not anti-abortion, obviously.

If you're for abortion choice, you're pro-choice. If you're opposed to abortion choice, you're anti-abortion, anti-choice, or inaccurately, pro-life.

And....just curious...why is no one pro-abortion?

It's obvious why anti-choicers are not pro-abortion. Pro-choicers are not pro-abortion because we trust women to make the best decisions for themselves and their families, hence pro-choice.

i haven't done that for years.

:lol:

If you're FOR abortion, you're pro-abortion. You're not anti-abortion, obviously.

oh, but i'm not FOR abortion. i would much rather abortions not be necessary, but i certainly won't FORCE a woman to carry a baby, as you would. seems to me THAT'S slavery.

I would say most of them do follow their parents' lead. That's okay. More conservatives will be allowed to live. You all just kill yourselves off.

Do you perchance believe that conservatives don't have abortions?
"The Only Moral Abortion is My Abortion" - When the Anti-Choice Choose

Although few studies have been made of this phenomenon, a study done in 1981 (1) found that 24% of women who had abortions considered the procedure morally wrong, and 7% of women who'd had abortions disagreed with the statement, "Any woman who wants an abortion should be permitted to obtain it legally." A 1994/95 survey (2,3) of nearly 10,000 abortion patients showed 18% of women having abortions are born-again or Evangelical Christians. Many of these women are likely anti-choice. The survey also showed that Catholic women have an abortion rate 29% higher than Protestant women. A Planned Parenthood handbook on abortion notes that nearly half of all abortions are for women who describe themselves as born-again Christian, Evangelical Christian, or Catholic. (4)

oh, but i'm not FOR abortion. i would much rather abortions not be necessary, but i certainly won't FORCE a woman to carry a baby, as you would. seems to me THAT'S slavery.

Why would you much rather abortions not be necessary?

Because they are more stressful to a woman's body than using birth control in the first place. If birth control were more reliable, they wouldn't be necessary in large numbers. But they are still safer for a woman than childbirth.

Because they are more stressful to a woman's body than using birth control in the first place. If birth control were more reliable, they wouldn't be necessary in large numbers. But they are still safer for a woman than childbirth.

BC is useless if both people don't use it at all, though.

Not only more reliable birth control, but less harmful birth control. I had to stop using the pill for medical reasons. I'd been on it since I was 14.

Not only more reliable birth control, but less harmful birth control. I had to stop using the pill for medical reasons. I'd been on it since I was 14.

I know some BC pills can cause you to gain weight. What else about them is harmful?

that's kind of a silly question, isn't it? it's not natural, it's surgery. what do you think of unnecessary surgery?

Back
Top Bottom