• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Privatising the moon may sound like a crazy idea but the sky’s no limit for avarice

XDU

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other

Of all the priorities...

I once debated with Eric Weinstein on his Portal Discord server a year ago about whether outer space should be our priority at hand. His argument was we need to focus on better technologies than rocket propulsion to more efficiently extend our range.

I've always believed outer space is skipping steps. We should explore and colonize the oceans first since they're easier, closer by, have an abundance of natural resources, and plenty of space. Life support logistics underwater would help prepare for outer space travel too.

Of all the priorities...

I once debated with Eric Weinstein on his Portal Discord server a year ago about whether outer space should be our priority at hand. His argument was we need to focus on better technologies than rocket propulsion to more efficiently extend our range.

I've always believed outer space is skipping steps. We should explore and colonize the oceans first since they're easier, closer by, have an abundance of natural resources, and plenty of space. Life support logistics underwater would help prepare for outer space travel too.

Not to be confused with Dennis Hope the prisoner in solitary confinement.

Last edited:
Selling something nobody has a legal right to, sounds like a great business model for tricksters and scheissters to scam idiots. While you're at it, I've got a bridge to nowhere I can sell you.

Not to be confused with Dennis Hope the prisoner in solitary confinement.
He wishes:

I honestly feel bad for anyone gullible or stupid enough to actually pay this fraud.

He wishes:

I honestly feel bad for anyone gullible or stupid enough to actually pay this fraud.
It's more a point about how moon privatization is easily undermined by a lack of serious recognition.

I have considered this a bad idea ever since reading Heinlein's The Man Who Sold the Moon which is about ... well, you can guess.

Reactions: XDU
Back
Top Bottom