• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

If Republicans win the midterms and have their I think this country will begin to see the exact same hardtimes some European countries are experiencing because their governments were pretty much shut down and government jobs remained the primary economic engine during their recessionary period.

The evidence that our nation is recoverying from the recession is the fact that private sector jobs are returning...in small quantities, but they are returning. I think you screw that up if you do the level of across-the-board spending cuts Republicans propose. Alot of the federal programs that would be affected are likely private-public jobs. You really don't want to mess with that mix too much.

Government can't create jobs, so how are spending cuts going to kill job growth?

On some items. Not on others.

Which was the right thing to do. Vitter was completely full of crap. The free market has shown clear competency in space cargo transporation. Why should we rely on the government to do a job that the free market can do better? Did it cost jobs? Yes. The space capsule program cost jobs. But we didn't need to employ Americans solely to employ Americans. And Vitter was uber-pissed about this. Cuts in MY district? Oh no you didn't. The funny thing is that the GOP bashed Obama for this and then wants to replicate it across the country.

Something you'd know about if you paid any attention.

I think once you get out into the real world, you'll see how things really work and it's not going to coincide with your Leftist talking points.

I think once you get out into the real world, you'll see how things really work and it's not going to coincide with your Leftist talking points.

Is that the best you got?

I see you addressed absolutely nothing in my post. Do you reject that Vitter was exceptionally angry over Obama's cuts and plans to use the free market? Do you reject that the free market space companies have shown competency in cargo transportation? If I'm so wrong, why are GOP senators and reps trying to block the closure of unneeded military bases which would save the taxpayers billions? It's because they don't want job losses in their districts and they're okay with sticking taxpayers with the bill.

You throw that line out alot. And then I explain how the world works to you. And then you run away.

Last edited:
Apparently he thinks that no one is Congress actually has a job. Or anyone in the military. Or anyone in the NIH. I can keep going. It is amusing when he says that.

The same Obama that killed thousands of NASA jobs?

You answered this yourself in post# 24.:2wave:

NICE. I didn't catch that.

And the shutdown of the F-22 Raptor line has reduced job growth as have cuts in the Zumwalt line of destroyers.

Last edited:
Apparently he thinks that no one is Congress actually has a job. Or anyone in the military. Or anyone in the NIH. I can keep going. It is amusing when he says that.

NICE. I didn't catch that.

And the shutdown of the F-22 Raptor line has reduced job growth as have cuts in the Zumwalt line of destroyers.

Plus this.

< The United States Navy awarded a new multi-year contract to Boeing on Tuesday worth more than $5.2 billion.>

Which will let my son call some Machinist back to work as his shop has landed a subcontract for Boeing.

If Republicans win the midterms and have their I think this country will begin to see the exact same hardtimes some European countries are experiencing because their governments were pretty much shut down and government jobs remained the primary economic engine during their recessionary period.

The evidence that our nation is recoverying from the recession is the fact that private sector jobs are returning...in small quantities, but they are returning. I think you screw that up if you do the level of across-the-board spending cuts Republicans propose. Alot of the federal programs that would be affected are likely private-public jobs. You really don't want to mess with that mix too much.

you mean Obama will veto everything and shutdown the government?

Government can't create jobs, so how are spending cuts going to kill job growth?

You mean all those government defense contracts that are called "public-private" employment? Or those federal employees at federal prisons? Or how about all those people who work at the CIA, FBI, DEA, ATF and other federal agencies you Republicans are always labelling under the heading of "national/homeland security"? Those government jobs? I suppose these are the types of "jobs" Republicans would cut to draw down the deficit because they're just another part of "big government". Those jobs?

Try thinking before you speak.

Plus this.

< The United States Navy awarded a new multi-year contract to Boeing on Tuesday worth more than $5.2 billion.>

Which will let my son call some Machinist back to work as his shop has landed a subcontract for Boeing.

Wait. What? Increases in big suppliers cause job increases at their suppliers! What? This is TOTALLY NEWS!

We must inform the partisans. Increase demand at big firms leads to increase of jobs down the supply chain. Wow. Whowouldathunk?

You mean all those government defense contracts that are called "public-private" employment? Or those federal employees at federal prisons? Or how about all those people who work at the CIA, FBI, DEA, ATF and other federal agencies you Republicans are always labelling under the heading of "national/homeland security"? Those government jobs? I suppose these are the types of "jobs" Republicans would cut to draw down the deficit because they're just another part of "big government". Those jobs?

Try thinking before you speak.

Ok, since we're thinking, before we're speaking; where does the money come from to create all these jobs?

Wait. What? Increases in big suppliers cause job increases at their suppliers! What? This is TOTALLY NEWS!

We must inform the partisans. Increase demand at big firms leads to increase of jobs down the supply chain. Wow. Whowouldathunk?

Where does the money come from to pay for all that?

Plus this.

Whose paying for that, exactly?

Whose paying for that, exactly?

The same people that were picking up the tab on January 17,1961when President Eisenhower gave his warning about the military industrial complex, which apparently fell on deaf ears.

By the way do you still believe what you stated with this post?
“Government can't create jobs, so how are spending cuts going to kill job growth? “
:confused:

Wreckovery Summer goes into Wreckovery Fall. It's going to be a bad ass winter for alotta folks.

Why does the Libbo media insist on saying, "unexpectedly"?

The funny thing about this is that Obama recently said the private sector was moving in the right direction.

The funny thing about this is that Obama recently said the private sector was moving in the right direction.

700,000 jobs were lost in November of 08, bringing the year's total job losses to 2.6 million or the highest level in more than six decades. Kinda hard to ignore them number no matter how hard you try eh? :2wave:

700,000 jobs were lost in November of 08, bringing the year's total job losses to 2.6 million or the highest level in more than six decades. Kinda hard to ignore them number no matter how hard you try eh? :2wave:

Do you think losing jobs is going in the right direction?

Do you think losing jobs is going in the right direction?

Do you think adding more jobs is the wrong direction? Look at how many jobs the private sector added during the worst of the recession. Now tell me 69,000 new jobs is bad compared to that.

Maybe losing 400,000 jobs is better then losing 39,000?

Oh math. Why you gotta be so hard?

Point is, is this good? No. Has it been far worse? Yes. Should we be happy it's getting better? Yes.

If Obama said it it must be true... He's a liberal, you know, the only party looking out for the people's interests, not like the Cons who pander to the super rich corporation's interests.

The amount of election money Cons get compared with what Libs get is documented proof.

ricksfolly

Do you think adding more jobs is the wrong direction? Look at how many jobs the private sector added during the worst of the recession. Now tell me 69,000 new jobs is bad compared to that.

Maybe losing 400,000 jobs is better then losing 39,000?

Oh math. Why you gotta be so hard?

Point is, is this good? No. Has it been far worse? Yes. Should we be happy it's getting better? Yes.

My post was in response to this- Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September - Yahoo! Finance

And this-

Obama economic trends on right track despite job losses

Last edited:

And you are still wrong. During the worst of the recession we were seeing 6 digit job losses well into the 200,000 job losses. Losing 39,000 is a hell of alot better. Especially since that number reflects growing private sector jobs. A big change from losing lots and no new jobs. I don't care if you are a partisan or not on this. 39,000 lost jobs is much better then 200,000. That kind of math does not lie.

Not directly.

Not too indirectly either. Other factors are far, far more important. So, expecting any president, regardless of the party, to fix it seems silly on our part. Do you disagree?

Back
Top Bottom