• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Private autopsy reportedly reveals Ferguson teen shot six times;police[W:302,693:992]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Private autopsy reportedly reveals Ferguson teen shot six times;police use more t

First, the cop backup to approach Brown for jaywalking. This shows the state of mind the officer was in, not Brown.

Then, the cop got out of his vehicle, gun drawn even after Brown moved away from the officer.

So yeah, the officer "when after" Brown... twice.

Things you do not know.

Re: Private autopsy reportedly reveals Ferguson teen shot six times;police use more t

Nothing in your link suggests that Wilson "figured it out". Prove it please.

You're the one that needs to back up your posts.

Funny they waited until the forensic report before coming out with a statement.

it was not "released". what happened is a close friend of the family called a radio station and told that story, then a source in the police dept. confirmed it was the same story they got from the officer after the shooting.

The official forensic report or Dr BAden's unoffiical forensic report which is geared towards pending law suits?

What more do they need. 6 times! 2 in the head! No signs of struggle! This is ridiculous. He needs to be arrested.

Hold on. Are you suggesting that we only defend the cop because we are "white southern conservatives?"

Nope. I called the white southern reight wingers who predictably showed up to defend the cop racist.

Because I don't give a damn about the color.

Oh yeah. How often was that phrase mutterd I wonder.
And yet I get dinged as a racist purely because of the way I vote, the nation I am from, and the fact that my skin is white?

I didnt call you a racist. And I dont know who you are voting for.

Seriously? The racist bull**** needs to stop. If the cop is innocent...he is innocent. If brown was surrendering...the cop needs to face justice.

it is not bull****.

And the second post you made kind of invalidates alot of what you previously said.

White cop shoots black kid - you turn up and post that your not racist - then post picture of white dude with guns.

The difference is that I voice what I believe might be the case, am willing to correct my assumptions as the investigation progresses and do not claim my assumtions to be facts.

So your entire argument thus far has been from conjecture? And you don't think the conclusions you reach from sheer conjecture betray your starting bias?

You're the one that needs to back up your posts.

Okay, I'm done with you regarding this issue. You asked for proof, I provided it. I ask for proof, and you dodge. Weak my man... really weak.

It's no less a fact than your claim that he was kneeling down with his hands up. He could simply have had his hand in front of him for any number of reasons...like, he was running towards the cop, for example, as some witness testimony indicates. There are several shots to the guys right arm....do you really think a cop would miss the kill shot on an immobile target only a few feet away?

Hey, any things possible.

Court OKs Barring High IQs for Cops - ABC News

Nobody of the usual suspects of posting stuff like "all NBA players are thugs" is taking "all sides".

Oh dear me. Is that somehow not allowed?

No, it's not, not if you wish to be seen as giving any sort of valid argument.

So your entire argument thus far has been from conjecture? And you don't think the conclusions you reach from sheer conjecture betray your starting bias?

No. Because I have the option to correct myself.

Unlike the glorious representatives of the swamplands who turn up to scream "Back man EVIIIIIL!" "White Cop gooood"

it was not "released". what happened is a close friend of the family called a radio station and told that story, then a source in the police dept. confirmed it was the same story they got from the officer after the shooting.

I'm questioning the timing. Why wait so long? It's all fishy imo.

This is correct. All this drama and marching and teargassing and molotov cocktail throwing and media flatulating is all based on the statement of an accomplice to a robbery and who's already been shown a liar by the autopsy.

No.
What is causing so much attention are the false claims of his cohort of him surrendering.
When he had attacked the Officer and then started charging him after he was out of the car. That clearly isn't surrendering.

Brown's body was 35 feet from the squad car. If the altercation started in the squad car as the police and the witnesses stated it did, is it not obvious that Brown had to move away from the car? Unless he was dragged away, Brown had to have moved away from the officer.

You say Brown's body was 35 feet from the squad car as if 35 feet is a massive distance. Brown is/was 6'4" tall - that means Brown's body was about 5 of his body lengths from the car. That's pretty close, in my view.

Re: Private autopsy reportedly reveals Ferguson teen shot six times;police use mo...

Would it impair your ability to see the reality in which you're currently living? Perhaps the violence is natural for Mr. Brown - after all, 6'4 300lb teenagers are often used to using their size to get their way. The evidence from the store video shows that Mr. Brown, after leaving the store, came back into the store to assault the owner/clerk so he had directly relevant experience with confronting someone challenging him. Whether or not he was high on pot is irrelevant because he did the exact same thing moments before.

No, it doesn't make you act like that.

Does he have a history of challenging Police physically?

No. His job is to protect and serve. That includes Mike Brown, a person he didn't know was a suspect in a robbery. To him, at the time, Mike Brown was just some guy walking in the street. No reason to push over something like jaywalking.

Unless you're use to the police making an issue over jaywalking. I'm certainly not.

The officer warned them to get out of the middle of the street. At that time he did not know of the strong arm robbery suspect. He pulls ahead a few yards to observe them. That is when he gets the call about a large man fitting Browns description involved in a strong arm robbery.
Then he backs up his cruiser to where they were and proceeds to get out of his vehicle to question them.
That is when Brown keeps the officer from getting out of his vehicle by slamming his door shut.
Then the officer gets out of his vehicle only to be attacked by Brown pushing him back into the vehicle, punching him in the face.
The officer went for his gun.
Brown went for the gun.
The gun goes off.
Then Brown starts to run.
The police officer runs after him.
Tells him to freeze.
Brown turns around and starts running back after the officer.
The officer starts shooting until Brown fell to the ground.

There are eyewitness reports to back that scenario up.

But it is social justice organizations, and people like Al Sharpton fueling the fires on this thing.

After the video of Brown strong arming the store clerk and stealing cigars was released, the family called that defamation of their "gentle giant". And ole Al Sharpton was there to spin it that stealing of a box of cigars as shop lifting not robbery as if there is a difference. Look everything these folks who claim police brutality their eyewitness accounts isn't adding up. But with folks like Al Sharpton fueling the flames no doubt Ferguson will be in flames again tonight.

Brown's body was 35 feet from the squad car. If the altercation started in the squad car as the police and the witnesses stated it did, is it not obvious that Brown had to move away from the car? Unless he was dragged away, Brown had to have moved away from the officer.
Unfortunately, We Don't Live in Some Childish Warm and Fuzzy Multicultie Fantasyland

A cop has the right to shoot someone running away from trying to steal his gun and shoot him with it. If Thugvon Brown ever had his hands up, he was taunting, "I ain't got no gun. So if you try to catch me, you can't use yours."

What more do they need. 6 times! 2 in the head! No signs of struggle! This is ridiculous. He needs to be arrested.

There are signs of a struggle on the officer and the doctor who did the autopsy has said it is incomplete and the clothing has not yet been examined. So, no sign of struggle THUS FAR.

Nope. I called the white southern reight wingers who predictably showed up to defend the cop racist.

Oh yeah. How often was that phrase mutterd I wonder.

I didnt call you a racist. And I dont know who you are voting for.

it is not bull****.

And the second post you made kind of invalidates alot of what you previously said.

White cop shoots black kid - you turn up and post that your not racist - then post picture of white dude with guns.

Are you not being racist yourself when you assume any cop who would defend another a white southerner?

And yes, i will defend the cop first. The cop has been trained, has passed some sort of background check, he is not the one robbing gas stations, nor does he have a motive for "murdering" the "kid".

I know it sucks, but most times, no, damn near all officer involved shootings against suspects are good shoots

Yes, that's the way it's looking from the data thus far. Of course we won't know all the stories until the investigation is complete. But to conclude he didn't, from all the data thus far available, is just an knee jerk anti-police bias.

I didnt conclude that. I believe that.

Your snarky comment doesn't repair your own statements.

And I dont intend to. Certainly not to satisfy someone like you.

So, losing the argument and your bias on full display you double down with the race card? And you think THAT shores up your broken argument?

What race card? Your media landscape is nothing but a pathetic circus with the purpose of reafirming the biases people already have. Kind of like an ass to mouth hosepipe. So anything a right winger post from a right wing US site or a leftwinger posts from a leftwing news site, is worthless.
And yet another sound and well thought out response. :roll:

Wasnt intended to be.

Except that you don't have a clue culturally speaking as to what the term means or how to use it properly.

Incest and defending a legacy of slavery can hardly be called "culture".
Stop trying until you've lived it.

Incest, racism, mullets and watching cars driving in circles isnt exactly my kind of thing.

No, you fell right to Godwin's and accusations that comes from an anti-police bias. You then doubled down with the race card. NONE of that is an argument, it's what we call a failure.

Godwin has nothing to do with police or race. You should really google godwins law yourself rather than asking others to google it.

The "your kind" comment is the real reason mods may dump on you.

What do you mean?

And I didn't call you dumb, I gave you the benefit of the doubt.

Twist it as much as you like. It merely proves a double standard from you people. Insulting people and then reporting those who insult you, preferably to conservative mods.

For what it's worth, I can see how both stories can be "true" based on the witnesses experience. Here is how:

1) Brown Struggles with Wilson and the gun goes off.

2) This draws the attention of people in the area. So they hear the gun go off and then turn to see Brown running. To them it appears that the office shot at Brown as he was running away.

3) Brown turns around and charges Wilson who begins shooting at Brown. Other witnesses now alerted to the sound of gunfire see Wilson firing at Brown as he falls down. These witnesses would see in a blink what appeared to be Brown on his knees getting shot.

The story is then spread by the gathering crowd based on the piece meal stories of the pseudo witnesses, at which point the whole crowd starts to assume the story is true and are more than happy to tell the cameras the story they were told as if they actually saw it. This would explain why the on-camera witnesses all had slightly different stories. They all told the story as it was told in their immediate area, like a deadly serious game of telephone.

What seems most important is that the story that Wilson's friend told on the radio (that is now formalized by the police statement) matches the eye witness in the video who was heard recounting what happened minutes after the shooting. That witness and Wilson's friend managed to do what the bungling police chief couldn't manage, they got the story documented in real time so that the opposition can't argue that the narrative only came out after the autopsy.

There wasn't a forensic report - there was an unofficial, private autopsy done by a non-State Dr. on behalf of the "victim's" family. That unofficial autopsy report was released by the family's pathologist. I can't say why the officer's statement was released at this time - perhaps to counter claims being manufactured out of speculation relating to this unofficial autopsy.

Don't worry. Holder is going to have another autopsy done. And its not like he's pushing an agenda or anything.

Not all the bullet wounds were in his hands. A death such as this is handled differently, whether it was justified, or not is at question, its a given that there would be calls for independent investigations, as well as autopsy. Where do you get the idea that the states autopsy is final word. Browns body is a part of evidence in this, and if a jury is convinced that there was tampering with evidence, it posses problems. So 'if' the body was cleaned, and even not for the purposes of deception it wouldn't be a smart thing to do, like asking a man with a large hand to try on a leather glove that laid under a sprinkler system for a few days and then dried and shrank.

He did, according to police testimony...and when the officer exited the vehicle and shouted "Freeze" Brown turned around and charged the officer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom